Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

Hi, my yaris has arrived at the dealer on 3-June-2022 (4 days ago). Ordered on 18-Oct-2021. 

But now, since the car arrived there, I contacted them and they told me that my dealer is on vacation until next Monday and he will contact me when he is back. I am back-to-back with delays (8 months now)

Do you think it is wise to ask if there is someone else to assist me with the delivery or I should wait (again) ?

2 hours ago, Alex.K said:

Do you think it is wise to ask if there is someone else to assist me with the delivery or I should wait (again) ?

It depends on the setup.  If there is only one person with experience handling new sales then it would be better to wait. Make it clear though that Monday means first thing, no excuses. 

• Like 1

Anyone know the reason the excel tech pack are not longer available, perhaps @Devon Aygo can answer?

I can't understand either; If the Tech pack hadn't been available when I got mine I'd very likely be driving a Honda Jazz right now!!

Toyota GB just seem to be constantly making these illogical decisions - It's like they don't know their customer base at all!!

What's worse is the Mazda Yaris *does* still have the HUD option, so technophiles like me who really wanted the HUD but missed out will just be jumping ship to Mazda instead!

• Like 2

Looks like the orange colour is missing in the configurator now? I ordered this metallic colour so not sure if that is good or bad for the delivery date!

• Like 1

I suspect they have to adapt to supply chain issues.  

• Like 1

How long after your notification of a delivery forecast, in my case 7 weeks, does the My T become active with build in progress? 

If build to PDI complete on say 3 weeks that could be soon, or is that July forecast build start I wonder? 

12 hours ago, anchorman said:

Likely to be the case. 

JBL Speakers are also gone too, as well no other premium or upgraded Speakers available. Am also looking at the new 5th gen hybrid for the corolla. 

So I'm going to hold on to my current MK3 yaris hybrid and see what my finances are, as well as what are available next year. 

16 hours ago, anchorman said:

That makes some sense, maybe they are having trouble sourcing the parts but don't want to delay production, so they gave the small number they had to Mazda :laugh: 

Just Traded in my launch edition for a GR Sport Hybrid at no extra cost, estimated delivery is January next year, not too bothered as I am still in my Launch edition. 

GR, curious, why changing so soon? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roy124 said:

GR, curious, why changing so soon? 

Not costing me anything thanks to massive hike in used car prices, and I like the look of the GR Sport, also the newer ones coming out the factory seem better built, took one for a test drive and had no rattle or wind noise like my current car. Going to miss the HUD and Tokyo Fusion Paint, but i do get parking sonar, RCTA, built in sat nav(not that i will use it anyway) 

• Like 1

I drove the GR racing thingy the other day.  Oh my word (that’s the polite expression).   Obscenely quick.  

2DA09264-46AD-4CB5-881E-D6B1D032E710.jpeg

0C010712-3B0A-420C-9184-8751825A4DBF.jpeg

• Like 1

Ooh the GR4, you lucky git! :laugh: 

I would have given a kidney for one of those when I was younger - I went through a short phase when I was obsessed with Yaris AWDs when I found out every Yaris built has an AWD variant, but only available in japan for some reason!

Alas grown up me knows he can't afford to run something like that, not at these fuel prices and those service intervals... (I'd need to service it 3 times a year with my mileage! :laugh: )

Still the Mk4 hybrid is still surprisingly fun to drive so it's not too bad! Also I think I'd just get myself into a horrible accident if I had a GR4 :laugh: 

Just been contacted by the dealer to collect our Design Yaris next week! 

We ordered mid Jan 2022, never had tracking work on MyT but original estimate was May-Jun so quite happy 🙂 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Amanda76 said:

Upgrading my Yaris Design to a Yaris Cross Excel while the trade in prices are so favourable (essentially lost no value since I bought it!) and placed my order last week. 

As this is a more long term car, have gone more bells and whistles so also getting pan roof and City / Adventure packs. I know lead times are massive, but wondered if anyone had ordered recently and what the delivery time had been estimated as? My dealership was quite vague on the matter, and am curious as to what others have been told 😊

I ordered a Dynamic in May and dealer said at least 6 months. Also have pan roof, jbl tech. So I emailed Toyota uk who said build will be November,  December delivery. Who knows!

Yes, Devon posted some info in late April that suggested November time for deliveries but that could be adversely effected by adding to the spec.  It’s a bit of a gamble in that if Covid doesn’t effect supply chains (still raging in parts of Asia) and chip supplies buck up it might improve or get worse.  That’s why they are reluctant to speculate.  You also might get a different valuation on your old car if supplies improve as it will drop - your price for the new one should be locked.  However, it won’t change too much and I completely get what you are doing.  If you like the car and want to up spec, then do it now.  It’ll turn up eventually and in the meantime, it’s still a nice motor you’re driving.  

• Like 1

Thanks all - if I’m lucky, I might get it in time for Christmas then 😊

Better times than other manufacturers - I know someone who wants to order a Cupra Formentor - lead time of double that! 

Ordered my Yaris Excel in Feb will a delivery date of 1st September. App update on Tuesday it had gone into build and today it’s left the factory. Not sure what transport times from France to the UK are but I am hoping for maybe delivery next month?

31 minutes ago, GSM11 said:

Ordered my Yaris Excel in Feb will a delivery date of 1st September. App update on Tuesday it had gone into build and today it’s left the factory. Not sure what transport times from France to the UK are but I am hoping for maybe delivery next month?

That’s pretty good. My wife ordered Icon end of Jan and being told August delivery.  Anyone else had build update?

No, still waiting. Our Yaris Excel was ordered in December and is still showing as processing. Hopefully we'll have delivery in September as originally discussed, but with all the supply shortages, who knows.

Spoke with dealer today and they said car has been built and it’s in transit so expecting delivery in the next week ahead 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danielbu said:

Spoke with dealer today and they said car has been built and it’s in transit so expecting delivery in the next week ahead 

Yaris or Yaris Cross?

42 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Yaris or Yaris Cross?

It’s a Yaris icon, ordered end of Jan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice Fathers day gift today - MyT app showing my car in being built phase.

Ordered Excel standard trim Feb 3rd, Quoted June to September [Latest network settings eta showing as 19th July], into build phase 19th June.

Will update dates for others to track for their orders as things develop.

[Order placed to Starting build] - 4 months 16 days

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links