Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

13 hours ago, Hakiro09 said:

Hi first post here.

My wife ordered a Yaris Excel with tech pack mid Jan 22 and it's been delayed all the way to November 2022 from an original delivery estimate of July 2022. According to the dealer is all due to the tech pack. Any one here experienced the same delays due to the tech pack?  Also the car has disappeared from the My T account, we emailed Toyota My T team several time but we never got a reply back.

In contrast my Supra 3.0 ordered on the same day as the Yaris had an original estimate of October 2022 but its now due delivery, any day now.

Thanks

I ordered excel with tech package at the end of jan 22. My delivery date has been pushed back to april 23

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jsizzy said:

I ordered excel with tech package at the end of jan 22. My delivery date has been pushed back to april 23

Oh no my excel tech pack ordered April dealer saying December so  mine will be slipping 

13 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Finally got something on the tracker.  Estimate final delivery to destination 16 August. Associated date 2 July. 

As I said, ordered Excel with City Pack, cancelled within the week and confirmed by the dealer...... 

Asked for further confirmation today but nothing heard

Yaris or Yaris Cross !

On 6/30/2022 at 4:06 PM, Graham47 said:

Yaris or Yaris Cross !

Cross

Mod edit: posts moved to - 

22 hours ago, Jsizzy said:

Ouch !!

On 6/29/2022 at 10:58 PM, Jsizzy said:

Mine was ordered in May with a prediction of November. It’s fully spec’d with pan roof, JBL and city pack so it may well go back.   The BBC would have us believe that everything to do with supply chain is a government failing but it isn’t, people are dying in large numbers in the Far East and their pretty well locked down.  Anything with chips or other electronic components so I’m not the least bit concerned if it drops back as I’m reasonably convinced it will.  No matter, I’ve got the Yaris so fingers crossed not much snow up here in the High Peak.  

Does the Yaris hybrid excel have folding mirrors?

On 6/29/2022 at 9:44 AM, Hakiro09 said:

In contrast my Supra 3.0 ordered on the same day as the Yaris had an original estimate of October 2022 but its now due delivery, any day now.

The Supra and Z4 are both manufactured by Magna Steyr (a contract manufacturer) in Austria, rather than Toyota or BMW.  So supply chains probably subject to different pressures than the mainstream manufacturers.

52 minutes ago, YarisOAP said:

Yes I believe it does

1 hour ago, YarisOAP said:

Mine does! They're a handy visual cue as to whether I forgot to lock the car or not :laugh: 

25 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Mine does! They're a handy visual cue as to whether I forgot to lock the car or not :laugh: 

That’s good because I could not find it on the specs my only concern now is the 17” wheels I have the new Yaris design at the moment think it’s on 16” wheels and that ride is perfect for me

On 7/1/2022 at 8:04 AM, anchorman said:

Mine was ordered in May with a prediction of November. It’s fully spec’d with pan roof, JBL and city pack so it may well go back.   The BBC would have us believe that everything to do with supply chain is a government failing but it isn’t, people are dying in large numbers in the Far East and their pretty well locked down.  Anything with chips or other electronic components so I’m not the least bit concerned if it drops back as I’m reasonably convinced it will.  No matter, I’ve got the Yaris so fingers crossed not much snow up here in the High Peak.  

I have the pan roof on my design it’s ok in the winter but to hot in the summer also the light interior on the excel not so good so I left it off my order 

If it was a proper tilt-slide sun-roof I'd have gotten it but I've never liked panoramic roofs because they just turn the car into an oven in strong sunlight.

Weirdly, Toyota GB and my dealers seem to really not be able to understand what the difference is and why a panoramic roof is not the same despite my attempts to explain.

Do panoramic roofs not open ?

Never had one.

Not usually no; They're usually either just extra long windscreens that extend well past where the roof normally starts, or just a big hunk of glass that replaces most of the roof.

In either case they're usually fixed in place and can't be slid or tilted open, although I have seen some MPVs and SUVs that they can be opened on (Usually the biggest and most boatesque ones), but it's rare.

• Thanks 1

Is it significantly heavier than the steel? 

I assume so... that's the only thing that makes sense for why having one means you can't have a space saver!

Lol, at least the space saver would lower the centre of gravity 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, YarisOAP said:

That’s good because I could not find it on the specs my only concern now is the 17” wheels I have the new Yaris design at the moment think it’s on 16” wheels and that ride is perfect for me

My next car is likely to be a new yaris, I think it's more of the profile of the tyres which is an issue for me than the 17". 

205/45 is a crap profile = 92.25mm sidewall, not enough air = hard ride. If its 205/50 then it's better, even better 205/55. 

I'm thinking about the Mazda 2 hybrid which only had 16" wheels on 195/55/16 tyres, though I want the 205mm tyres. But a problem with the Mazda for me is the media screen is only 8" compared to Yaris of 9". 

So I still favour the Yaris more as the tyre can be changed to different profile for more air later on (same for Mazda too) but with 9" screen. Will have to wait for the tech pack to come back as an option. 

36 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Lol, at least the space saver would lower the centre of gravity 

But the increased weight increases emissions affecting the manufacturers fleet average emissions, etc.

• Haha 1

Well there is no rated difference between the panoroof and spacesaver so any emissions difference must be negligible.

However, going from 16" to 17" inches increases the emissions by 6g/km and reduces mpg by 4 according to the specs - A far bigger difference, so clearly they can't be that worried about the emissions, otherwise 15" would be the standard size and 16" & 17" would be the upgrades. And they're now adding 18" rims, so all a load of cobblers really.

I'd much rather have 15" rims, space saver and all the other toys they wouldn't let us have like the 360 degree camera, self-parking, wireless charger, electric heated seats and steering wheel etc. than trade all of that for 17" rims, and I reckon most everyone else would too.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

My next car is likely to be a new yaris, I think it's more of the profile of the tyres which is an issue for me than the 17". 

205/45 is a crap profile = 92.25mm sidewall, not enough air = hard ride. If its 205/50 then it's better, even better 205/55. 

I'm thinking about the Mazda 2 hybrid which only had 16" wheels on 195/55/16 tyres, though I want the 205mm tyres. But a problem with the Mazda for me is the media screen is only 8" compared to Yaris of 9". 

So I still favour the Yaris more as the tyre can be changed to different profile for more air later on (same for Mazda too) but with 9" screen. Will have to wait for the tech pack to come back as an option. 

The first thing I did after I got mine was swap the 17" alloys for 15" steelies, but TBH if the Mazda had been available then and my dealer wasn't giving me a reparation discount for misdiagnosing my Mk2 I would have seriously considered getting one of those instead. In fact if I was getting it right now, the Mazda would be the only choice if it's true that you can't get the Yaris with a HUD any more!

17 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Well there is no rated difference between the panoroof and spacesaver so any emissions difference must be negligible.

I was joking.  If the roof weight meant the spare wheel had to be omitted to maintain average emissions it follows that the CofG will be higher. 

Whether it makes a significant difference in handling I don't know. 

6 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

I was joking.  If the roof weight meant the spare wheel had to be omitted to maintain average emissions it follows that the CofG will be higher. 

Whether it makes a significant difference in handling I don't know. 

I wasn't responding to you, I was responding to frosty about the emissions thing

No prob but my question stands 😁

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links