Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

21 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Is it significantly heavier than the steel? 

I would think it is. I may be wrong though.

21 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

My next car is likely to be a new yaris, I think it's more of the profile of the tyres which is an issue for me than the 17". 

205/45 is a crap profile = 92.25mm sidewall, not enough air = hard ride. If its 205/50 then it's better, even better 205/55. 

I'm thinking about the Mazda 2 hybrid which only had 16" wheels on 195/55/16 tyres, though I want the 205mm tyres. But a problem with the Mazda for me is the media screen is only 8" compared to Yaris of 9". 

So I still favour the Yaris more as the tyre can be changed to different profile for more air later on (same for Mazda too) but with 9" screen. Will have to wait for the tech pack to come back as an option. 

Is there any problem with changing the 16” wheels and tyres off a design to add them to the excel btw not had a ride in the excel with 17” tyres yet will go to dealers if they have excel demo to have a ride 

They won't want to swap them if you're part-exchanging the cars, but there's not technical reason why you can't.

Someone was saying the cars use different steering racks for different rim sizes, so going up a rim size is potentially problematic as the wider rims may rub against the wheel arches, but going down a size is fine as they are narrower.

Ordered a new Yaris Excel last November and was told delivery in April, then August, now December!  Why so long - I might have changed my mind by then?!

Has anyone else experienced such a long delay?

On 7/3/2022 at 7:56 PM, FOD said:

Ordered a new Yaris Excel last November and was told delivery in April, then August, now December!  Why so long - I might have changed my mind by then?!

Has anyone else experienced such a long delay?

Did u order with the tech pack? If u did then it's a long wait, someone here order in Jan and was told next mar/Apr. 

If just excel then should be 5-6 months. 

My T app update - my car is in Derbyshire so no long now hopefully 😁.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GSM11 said:

My T app update - my car is in Derbyshire so no long now hopefully 😁.

Thats great - sadly my feb 3rd excel order was showing "Left Factory" with estimated final delivery of July 19th - but been put back to Aug 3rd 😞 on dev app bit.

I have decided to cancel my Yaris Excel tech pack delivery because going into 2023 17 “ wheels I will now wait till new facelift comes out 

4 minutes ago, YarisOAP said:

I have decided to cancel my Yaris Excel tech pack delivery because going into 2023 17 “ wheels I will now wait till new facelift comes out 

Then you’re looking at long after 2023 and who’s to say what size wheels the replacement will have (18” ?).

1 hour ago, Graham47 said:

Then you’re looking at long after 2023 and who’s to say what size wheels the replacement will have (18” ?).

But I will keep to 16” wheels as the ride is ok for us if that means going lower on spec I can still add extras or maybe have a look around at other cars on same size btw what would be the other makes   

I think you'll need to look at the Mazda 2 instead in the case...

Toyota still seem to equate Giant Rims with Quality so you'll only ever have the most pointlessly large rims on the higher-spec cars.

You could always do what I did and buy the car and swap to smaller rims - Most insurance companies shouldn't be too bothered about it as smaller rims don't increase the value of the car, and if you're really worried you can go even further like I did and go for steel rims!

(The steel rims have been so good for my anxiety - I would have been catatonic from all the rim damage I would have incurred on the 17" alloys, but with the steel rims I don't care! :biggrin: Plus the taller sidewall has blocked a lot of the damage I would have done anyway...)

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

but with the steel rims I don't care! 

Could you let us know where you sourced these from in the UK? I did this on another car so I could have winter tyres on from December to March/April when the temp is generally <7degC. Just a tenner at the tyre shop to swap them over. Makes such a difference on snow and ice. However the original wheels were steel anyway so it was like for like. Had to order them from Poland though. 

Incidentally on the Cross Excel with 18" rims, there is quite a wide protective ridge of rubber round the rim to save embarrassing kerb grinding.

Got them from the dealer; I knew 15" steel rims were a standard fitment for the Mk4, just not in this country, but assumed it would be simple to order them. Turned into a bit of a palaver as none of the local dealers could find them and one even insisted they didn't exist! Thankfully PartsKing was able to find the part number that none of my local dealers were able to find, and I was able to use that to order a set along with some appropriate wheel nuts and tyres.

Part# is 42611-K0170 if anyone needs it, but won't be useful for older Yarisusuesueises as, for some reason, the Mk4 uses 5-stud rims instead of the 4-stud that all previous models used

14 hours ago, Janx1975 said:

Thats great - sadly my feb 3rd excel order was showing "Left Factory" with estimated final delivery of July 19th - but been put back to Aug 3rd 😞 on dev app bit.

Oh bugger hope your delivery date comes forward for you. TBH I have been lucky as original delivery date was 1st September so to get it (hopefully) before the end of July is good.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, YarisOAP said:

But I will keep to 16” wheels as the ride is ok for us if that means going lower on spec I can still add extras or maybe have a look around at other cars on same size btw what would be the other makes   

We've just ordered a Mazda2 Hybrid. NOT the Mazda2, but basically a Yaris Mk4 with a Mazda Badge. Limited choice spec wise compared to Toyota, we've gone for the Select which is their top of the range. Take a look on line, it has the 16 inch wheels, HUD, the upholstery I believe is from the Yaris Dynamic, full LED lights, ambient lighting etc.

We went in to px our CHR at Toyota, walked away as we were almost ignored by a young salesman and went to Mazda. Only regret we wont have a Toyota on the drive...but we will, if that makes sense 🙂

• Like 3

Toyota also give Mazda an 8" media screen, not 9" on their higher trim. 

Would make sense for the Yaris to have a Business Edition like the Prius had. This would have small wheels be high spec with HUD etc and self park

9 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

I've just got my tape measure out and having considered the difference, I wont be cancelling my order. 😉

9 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

I actually prefer the 8" screen - The 9" one is the new one that looses a load of physical controls, and as regular members know I muuuuch prefer physical buttons and knobs over touchscreens that I can't safely use while driving!

• Like 1

finally my yaris excel has gone to build. and I can now see a ETA of 10/8/22. Just wonder how accurate is this ETA on myT? will there be a possibility that my new car would arrive a few days before hand?

4 minutes ago, Toothmouse said:

finally my yaris excel has gone to build. and I can now see a ETA of 10/8/22. Just wonder how accurate is this ETA on myT? will there be a possibility that my new car would arrive a few days before hand?

As it is an estimate, could be plus or minus that date.

5 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As it is an estimate, could be plus or minus that date.

thanks. I guess it will be clearer when it has left the factory.

just looking at car insurance now. just wonder do we get free road side assistance from toyota for a year?

I did..👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Toothmouse said:

just looking at car insurance now. just wonder do we get free road side assistance from toyota for a year?

Yes

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links