Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

21 hours ago, ISL said:

Understand you ordered your car 7th Feb, so hoping that it won't be too long before I hear something.  Out of interest before you received build status what sort of ETA were you looking at?  I'm guessing that the panoramic roof on my part is causing the main delay. 🙂

I was being told 1/7/2022 when I ordered it. So it got delayed by just under 2 months.

• Like 1

Had an email today from the dealer, Yaris Excel ordered end of March and they are looking at a November delivery at the moment.

Yaris Excel arrived at dealer yesterday and I pick up on Monday 🙂 

[Order placed - Starting build] - 4 Months 16 days    (4 months 16 days) - 3 Feb - [24 May (processing)] -  19 Jun
[Build to Left Factory] - 5 days                       (4 months 21 days) - 19 Jun - 23 Jun
[Left Factory- Transit] - 16 days                     (5 months 9 days) - 23 Jun - 9 Jul
[Transit - At Dealership] - 9 days                    (5 Months 18 days ) - 9 Jul - 18 Jul
[Dealership - Collection] - 18 Jul - 25 Jul       (5 Months 25 days )

I cant really say the last few months have flown by, I had been obsessively refreshing the My T app for updates! But its almost here 🙂

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Janx1975 said:

I cant really say the last few months have flown by, I had been obsessively refreshing the My T app for updates! But its almost here 🙂

Can’t say I’ve had that problem as my excel orded on Jan 28 disappeared from MyT never to be seen again! Dealer phoned today it’s arrived 😁 getting it next Tuesday 

• Like 2

Just been informed that anticipated delivery date for Yaris Design has moved from mid September to mid December….. Arrrrraaagghhhhhh!! So now a 8 month wait…..

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Jimden said:

Just been informed that anticipated delivery date for Yaris Design has moved from mid September to mid December….. Arrrrraaagghhhhhh!! So now a 8 month wait…..

When did you order and what options? It’s very inconsistent as I’ve read about a few getting cars sooner! 

Similar topics merged

Yay, collected my new Yaris today! Design with panoramic roof, ordered beginning of Feb with delivery date end of October so came a lot sooner than expected. 😁

20220725_171103.jpg

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Caroline S said:

Yay, collected my new Yaris today! Design with panoramic roof, ordered beginning of Feb with delivery date end of October so came a lot sooner than expected. 😁

20220725_171103.jpg

Congratulations! I have seen the bronze colour around near me, it's nice. I'm looking to get the grey colour when I come to order it whether that is from Toyota or Mazda. 

I have the MK3 hybrid for 4 years, am pretty bored with it. Cannot wait to upgrade to the mk4. Enjoy your new car! 🤗

2 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Congratulations! I have seen the bronze colour around near me, it's nice. I'm looking to get the grey colour when I come to order it whether that is from Toyota or Mazda. 

I have the MK3 hybrid for 4 years, am pretty bored with it. Cannot wait to upgrade to the mk4. Enjoy your new car! 🤗

Thank you. I love the colour, it seems to change depending on the light. 😊

Good colour choice, I picked my Excel up today in the same colour 😁. First time hybrid owner will see how it goes, all good so far.

18 minutes ago, GSM11 said:

Good colour choice, I picked my Excel up today in the same colour 😁. First time hybrid owner will see how it goes, all good so far.

You have good taste! 😁 I'm a first time hybrid owner too. It's a lovely car, I just need to get used to everything.

On 7/20/2022 at 10:12 AM, Janx1975 said:

Yaris Excel arrived at dealer yesterday and I pick up on Monday 🙂 

[Order placed - Starting build] - 4 Months 16 days    (4 months 16 days) - 3 Feb - [24 May (processing)] -  19 Jun
[Build to Left Factory] - 5 days                       (4 months 21 days) - 19 Jun - 23 Jun
[Left Factory- Transit] - 16 days                     (5 months 9 days) - 23 Jun - 9 Jul
[Transit - At Dealership] - 9 days                    (5 Months 18 days ) - 9 Jul - 18 Jul
[Dealership - Collection] - 18 Jul - 25 Jul       (5 Months 25 days )

🙂

Just to pick up on the details above.  The transit times are not broken down on the App. Three days after my App reported in transit at Zeebrugge my dealer rang with 'one week at Zeebrugge, 2 weeks at Derby, one week at the garage.' 

It seems once it is reported in transit you are in the dark until the dealer rings you. 

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Just to pick up on the details above.  The transit times are not broken down on the App. Three days after my App reported in transit at Zeebrugge my dealer rang with 'one week at Zeebrugge, 2 weeks at Derby, one week at the garage.' 

It seems once it is reported in transit you are in the dark until the dealer rings you. 

Just to amend the post above, it is true of the My Toyota App, but if you log in to My Toyota online you get more information.  True to my dealer's phone message, the car is now shown to be at Grimsby, next stop Derby. 

21 hours ago, Caroline S said:

20220725_171103.jpg

Fantastic news Caroline, so pleased for you, looks great!!

I have ordered a similar specification, Design Model with Panoramic roof, ordered 16th February.  As yet the dealer still cannot provide a confirmed delivery date and appears the car has not even gone into build yet.   I have now escalated this with the dealer to see if they can put pressure on Toyota to at least provide some information on delivery slots, as it seems to be a bit of a lottery on how long you have to wait.  Unfortunately or fortunately I sold my current car yesterday thinking it may take a few weeks a sell.  First person to see, buys the car, full asking price, bank transfer and drives away, I should be pleased I guess.

It would be great if Toyota could provide some transparency to which models they are building against which order date, which it appears they are unable to do.

Hopefully not too long to wait now!!#

image.thumb.png.235cbf9ca0c719c4d84c7bd1a5e04156.png

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Caroline S said:

Thank you. I love the colour, it seems to change depending on the light. 😊

Nice. 

Am interested in the alternative tyre size in the handbook. I think your car comes with 195/55/16. When you have some time could you upload a photo of the handbook page where it state which alternatives sizes of tyres for the car, thanks. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, raymondolee said:

When did you order and what options? It’s very inconsistent as I’ve read about a few getting cars sooner! 

Ordered early March, design with panaramic roof in pearlescent finish

29 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Nice. 

Am interested in the alternative tyre size in the handbook. I think your car comes with 195/55/16. When you have some time could you upload a photo of the handbook page where it state which alternatives sizes of tyres for the car, thanks. 

Here's an excerpt from the PDF manual:

image.thumb.png.65c850a7469df2d81bf445ba26a3e3f1.png

BTW they don't give a full manual with the car any more, but you can download the whole manual from the Toyota website anyway!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jimden said:

Ordered early March, design with panaramic roof in pearlescent finish

Seems to be a global shortage on Panoramic Roofs 🙂

Picked up my excel today presently surprised that it seems to have been updated since I ordered it. It has what looks like a bigger media screen with no volume knob and Apple carplay is wireless. Anyone know what else has been changed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ISL said:

Fantastic news Caroline, so pleased for you, looks great!!

I have ordered a similar specification, Design Model with Panoramic roof, ordered 16th February.  As yet the dealer still cannot provide a confirmed delivery date and appears the car has not even gone into build yet.   I have now escalated this with the dealer to see if they can put pressure on Toyota to at least provide some information on delivery slots, as it seems to be a bit of a lottery on how long you have to wait.  Unfortunately or fortunately I sold my current car yesterday thinking it may take a few weeks a sell.  First person to see, buys the car, full asking price, bank transfer and drives away, I should be pleased I guess.

It would be great if Toyota could provide some transparency to which models they are building against which order date, which it appears they are unable to do.

Hopefully not too long to wait now!!#

image.thumb.png.235cbf9ca0c719c4d84c7bd1a5e04156.png

Oh dear Shaun, that's not good. I think I ordered my car about a week before you did so logically yours should be here in about a week or so 🤷‍♀️. Fingers crossed it arrives soon 🤞

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Here's an excerpt from the PDF manual:

image.thumb.png.65c850a7469df2d81bf445ba26a3e3f1.png

BTW they don't give a full manual with the car any more, but you can download the whole manual from the Toyota website anyway!

Mmh so it doesn't provide an alternative size tyres. In my MK3 manual, it has 3 tyre sizes for my car on 15". 

Like the 17" wheels but stupid 205/45 what is that all about 🤐

Oh sorry, my brain translated your question to Rim sizes!

Regardless, it doesn't list any official alternative tyre sizes, although you can calculate them yourself using e.g. https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Bear in mind if you're moving away from the standard specification in terms of wheel/tyre size:

a) check with your insurer in case they consider the change as a modification, and,

b) check the effect on the speedometer reading - it is illegal for the speedo to show less than the true speec (under-read) and there are limits as to how much the speedometer can over-read.

Collected mine on Monday but arrived home to find my daughter had covid, so its been sat on the drive!

13 hours ago, Ralph H said:

Picked up my excel today presently surprised that it seems to have been updated since I ordered it. It has what looks like a bigger media screen with no volume knob and Apple carplay is wireless. Anyone know what else has been changed?

My Wife picked her Excel a few months ago and I have noticed the difference you mention above between the two. Another thing I have noticed is that on mine, the window edge panels that sit in the middle of the frame are plastic, not metallic paint...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links