Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

17 hours ago, ISL said:

Fantastic news Caroline, so pleased for you, looks great!!

I have ordered a similar specification, Design Model with Panoramic roof, ordered 16th February.  As yet the dealer still cannot provide a confirmed delivery date and appears the car has not even gone into build yet.   I have now escalated this with the dealer to see if they can put pressure on Toyota to at least provide some information on delivery slots, as it seems to be a bit of a lottery on how long you have to wait.  Unfortunately or fortunately I sold my current car yesterday thinking it may take a few weeks a sell.  First person to see, buys the car, full asking price, bank transfer and drives away, I should be pleased I guess.

It would be great if Toyota could provide some transparency to which models they are building against which order date, which it appears they are unable to do.

Hopefully not too long to wait now!!#

image.thumb.png.235cbf9ca0c719c4d84c7bd1a5e04156.png

ISL: S*d's law isn't it about you selling your car immediately? My S*d's law worked out in a slightly different way in that I was quoted late July/early to mid August delivery so said I'll wait 'till September 1st.

Checked 'behind the scenes' via the developer tools on the website and delivery altered from early August to late July, and dealer called yesterday to confirm this.....I'll therefore be waiting a whole month with the car likely sitting just 12 miles from where I am as from this Friday!

BTW I ordered in late February and generally the delivery estimates and updates since have pretty much stuck to what I was told/expected.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 10:39 AM, Spiral82 said:

ISL: S*d's law isn't it about you selling your car immediately? My S*d's law worked out in a slightly different way in that I was quoted late July/early to mid August delivery so said I'll wait 'till September 1st.

Checked 'behind the scenes' via the developer tools on the website and delivery altered from early August to late July, and dealer called yesterday to confirm this.....I'll therefore be waiting a whole month with the car likely sitting just 12 miles from where I am as from this Friday!

BTW I ordered in late February and generally the delivery estimates and updates since have pretty much stuck to what I was told/expected.

Was yours standard spec without options Mark?

I have now escalated this with my dealership to understand why some customers are receiving delivery of their cars but in no particular order.  I do understand that extras such as Panoramic sunroof delay matters, due to running similar cars in batches.  The message I received back from my dealer this morning is that they are waiting for Toyota Planning to get back to them on a Compass Case they have raised.  I wait to see what the result is from this "compass case" (have not heard this term before) and will update in due course to see if helps anyone else in a similar predicament.

• Like 1

Yes Shaun it's a standard spec in Pure White.

Frustrating for you: let's hope you get a build date soon. It's especially odd in that Caroline a bit earlier in the thread ordered a similar spec to you only a couple of weeks earlier and has her car now.

As you say a bit of a lottery - hope you get some good news soon.

• Like 1

Yep mine also in Pure White, Design model with option of Panoramic roof.  Just wondering if the pure white with Panoramic roof is a bit of oddball and ordering metallic paint may have speeded things up.  Still waiting to hear back from my dealer regarding the "compass case" request.

Looking at the design of the Yaris the lighter colours in my opinion work better and white particularly suits the car, really brings out the contrast of features, such as the grill and rear end detailing, valance etc.  It's a great looking car.

Ours is a Scarlet Flare with panoramic roof and tech pack. We've been given a delivery date of September. It's probably the panoramic roof rather than the colour, but who knows??

17 hours ago, ISL said:

Yep mine also in Pure White, Design model with option of Panoramic roof.  Just wondering if the pure white with Panoramic roof is a bit of oddball and ordering metallic paint may have speeded things up.  Still waiting to hear back from my dealer regarding the "compass case" request.

Looking at the design of the Yaris the lighter colours in my opinion work better and white particularly suits the car, really brings out the contrast of features, such as the grill and rear end detailing, valance etc.  It's a great looking car.

Yes I agree about white for the Yaris - on some cars it can look a bit 'domestic appliance' and bland but it suits the Yaris with its curves and bulges and the black areas front and rear - and the two tone wheels. I tend to choose paler metallics but this time saving money on choosing a standard colour was too tempting! 

Big_D - Scarlet Flare looks good!

I'll be interested to learn what 'compass case' means regarding ordering.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Spiral82 said:

Yes I agree about white for the Yaris - on some cars it can look a bit 'domestic appliance' and bland but it suits the Yaris with its curves and bulges and the black areas front and rear - and the two tone wheels. I tend to choose paler metallics but this time saving money on choosing a standard colour was too tempting! 

Big_D - Scarlet Flare looks good!

I'll be interested to learn what 'compass case' means regarding ordering.

"Compass Case" Must be a Toyota term they use.  I thought as a walker it meant a "case" to put your "compass" in, thinking I didn't see this on the options list 🙂.  Still no response back from dealer after raising case! 

"Compass" is a system used for creating dialogue between dealers and TGB, split into categories for customer care, parts, technical, warranty etc etc. A "case" is generated when your dealer contacts TGB to raise a "Compass case" regarding say delayed delivery or whatever the dealer is contacting them for. Nothing other than that, quite a simple system 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parts-King said:

"Compass" is a system used for creating dialogue between dealers and TGB, split into categories for customer care, parts, technical, warranty etc etc. A "case" is generated when your dealer contacts TGB to raise a "Compass case" regarding say delayed delivery or whatever the dealer is contacting them for. Nothing other than that, quite a simple system 

Thank you for explaining so well 👍

• Like 1

My Yaris was delivered to the dealership yesterday and they sent me a video of a 'walk round' of the car and a couple of still images - here's one of them. 

...It's going to be a long wait now until 1st September! 

For info: I ordered it five months ago almost to the day (tail end of February)and it's a standard spec Design.

Toyota Yaris Delivered to Dealership.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice. It is because you want the new reg, hence waiting to sept?

The white is fine on the Yaris. Only because I had white colour cars for the past 8 years - only 1 year was my choice. So I'm willing to pay for metallic paint so no more white for a while. 

They really knocked it out of the park with the design of the new Yaris... it still looks so good, esp. from the front (And also angry! Grrr)

• Like 1

It is very nicely designed this MK4, bold and sporty styling. While the previous gens were ok but functional. 

I'm getting really tired of my MK3 hybrid when driving long distances haha, need this MK4 for better cornering ability, power, more safety kit & tech + better mpg. Think it will be next year spring time 🤩

Ehhh I'm not sure if I'd recommend the Mk4 for long distance driving, esp. motorway work. The car is fine for it, it's just the seats! Maybe I'm deformed but they have been they least comfortable seats of the 3 generations of Yaris I've owned! It just isn't shaped right and provides zero lower back support so I have to wedge a folded up towel there, otherwise I'm literally crippled after 30 minutes of driving!

If you're going on a backroad blast tho' it's amazing - The fast rack, instant torque and power response plus the chassis and suspension improvements make throwing it up and down twisty country lanes really fun :biggrin: 

I do notice the huge amount of extra weight compared to doing such runs in my old Mk1 D4D tho'...

Hi Folks
I ordered mine 4th March, being told end of Sept/early oct for an Excel model, still not showing in My T or online, is there a way to find out more info without contacting the dealer??

Someone also mentioned changes to the Excel that have been made since the order, what were they?
Thanks

Tom

10 hours ago, tjhetty said:

Someone also mentioned changes to the Excel that have been made since the order, what were they?
Thanks

Tom

Got mine this week ordered it in January the only changes I’ve noticed are to the multimedia system which has changed from the 8” touch 2 to the 9” smart connect. Which gives it built in satnav and wireless car play.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ralph H said:

Got mine this week ordered it in January the only changes I’ve noticed are to the multimedia system which has changed from the 8” touch 2 to the 9” smart connect. Which gives it built in satnav and wireless car play.

Good to know, thank you!

17 hours ago, Cyker said:

Ehhh I'm not sure if I'd recommend the Mk4 for long distance driving, esp. motorway work. The car is fine for it, it's just the seats! Maybe I'm deformed but they have been they least comfortable seats of the 3 generations of Yaris I've owned! It just isn't shaped right and provides zero lower back support so I have to wedge a folded up towel there, otherwise I'm literally crippled after 30 minutes of driving!

If you're going on a backroad blast tho' it's amazing - The fast rack, instant torque and power response plus the chassis and suspension improvements make throwing it up and down twisty country lanes really fun :biggrin: 

I do notice the huge amount of extra weight compared to doing such runs in my old Mk1 D4D tho'...

Although I don't thinks it will be a great car for really long distance driving, it'll be miles better than the MK3. The mk3 is noisy when pushed, lacked power and cornering ability. Hope I won't get the back problem with the seat as u are experiencing. 

Reading comments from others, it seems Toyota have used up their 8" screens and have upgraded to 9". I will send Mazda an email later in the year and see if that apply to the M2 hybrid. Much prefer a larger screen from 8 to 9, don't mind losing physical buttons as I don't touch it once driving. If it's like a 12" to 13" then as it's already big so I wouldn't be fuss. 

Noticed the M2 hybrid doesn't mention acoustic glass on their spec, don't know how much noise reduction that is. 

• Like 1

Yeah if it's just the handling and push of the Mk3 that is your main gripe, the Mk4 will be a perfect upgrade :naughty:  :thumbup:

(I love this car! It makes me so happy just driving it! Esp. after being stuck with the thirsty* gutless Mk2 for so long!)

*It's not actually that gutless or thirsty but when you go from a 170Nm@2000rpm 65mpg-without-trying Mk1 D4D to a 130Nm@6000rpm 48mpg-if-you-try-real-hard Mk2 VVTi it just feels like a huge step backwards...

• Like 1

Just had an estimated delivery of November 2022 on my Yaris which was order back in February.  Not happy 😪

On 7/30/2022 at 12:01 PM, Mojo1010 said:

Very nice. It is because you want the new reg, hence waiting to sept?

The white is fine on the Yaris. Only because I had white colour cars for the past 8 years - only 1 year was my choice. So I'm willing to pay for metallic paint so no more white for a while. 

Mojo1010: Yes that's right - when I ordered I was quoted late July/early August delivery so said I may as well wait 'till the new letter. Had it come though, say, in June I'd have been happy to take delivery then.

I wish people would be a bit more tolerant.  Covid cases are climbing in many countries and supply chains are still strained.   I want my new Cross but I can wait rather than people risking their health.  It’s only a car folks.  

• Like 4

I think there is ample tolerance in most cases, from what I can see sometimes, its the lack of engagement and near false promises by dealers which test peoples patience. Not on this forum, another I read has cases where people are into 12 months beyond original delivery estimate and still no firm delivery date. A few have cancelled, walked away and now driving nearly new cars, sometimes from other manufacturers. 

I read an article from a journal this week which looked at why the delays are occuring. People have walked away from an industry which relied on manufacturing, logisitcs etc. There are big gaps in how products can be transferred around the world, or indeed the Uk. Interstingly, one emerging larger factor is now manufacturers are bring more EVs on line, some are prioritising these vehicles which absorb parts like chips from other models.

The world has changed so much, personally I cant see it ever getting back to where we were. Just saying 😉

I think it will come back but it will take a few years yet.  The dealers will be reluctant to give firm delivery dates because nothing can be guaranteed.  Covid is on the rise again and some countries are way behind us in which variant they have.  Our variant has still to get there and it will.  It’s OK for us, fully vaccinated but I’m not sure what conditions some of the countries that base products like ore for steel and batteries are like, not well and for peanuts.  

As for walking away from orders, it’s either very naive people that think it’s better elsewhere, they’ve found a cancelled something or other or they’re forced to buy nearly new because they can’t afford the final payment on their PCP.  I took advantage of that situation when I sold my two year old Lexus for nearly the same as I bought it (WBAC were fantastic). 

I don’t blame the dealers one iota for being vague, there’s so many entitled drama queens that will make a fuss if it’s delayed like it’s a life saving operation or something.  They’ll be demanding rental cars, discounts or free this and that.   The dealers do right, tell them the worst and anything better is a bonus.  With Covid, Putin and tens of thousands of containers still out of position following the Suez blockage, I reckon we don’t have much to complain about. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links