Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

Wireless charger would have been useful, however at the moment will be grateful for a car with a steering wheel and 4 wheels 😁

Just having to amuse myself as my dealer John Roe is completely ignoring me.

• Haha 1

In my experience, these wireless chargers aren’t much use until wireless CarPlay is sorted.  As soon as you navigate away from CarPlay, the connection drops.  Using a cable is far more reliable and it can be run up to the upper tray in five minutes.

IMG_4099.JPG

IMG_4100.JPG

• Like 2

Wireless CarPlay works with no problem in my Yaris with the smart connect head unit. Mind you a wireless charger wouldn’t be much use either  as my phone is usually in my work bag on the back seat. 

• Like 1

Delivery update, 1st March order, was told end of Sept two weeks ago, called today for an update and now showing mid November....disappointed as looking forward to getting the new car!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Oh yes my Yaris has wireless Apple car play.

Just wonder does my Yaris excel 2022 version comes with alarm? How do I find out?

9 hours ago, tjhetty said:

Delivery update, 1st March order, was told end of Sept two weeks ago, called today for an update and now showing mid November....disappointed as looking forward to getting the new car!

Same here, mines slipped to November for a February order but no updates for over a month. Last thing I heard from a local dealer is that Onnaing are not planning to start production of rhd models until October so nothing is coming through earlier. I guess your order missed the last production batch and now slotted into October. Would be worth checking with your dealer to see if this is true or not as I have only received this info from one source.

1 hour ago, ISL said:

Same here, mines slipped to November for a February order but no updates for over a month. Last thing I heard from a local dealer is that Onnaing are not planning to start production of rhd models until October so nothing is coming through earlier. I guess your order missed the last production batch and now slotted into October. Would be worth checking with your dealer to see if this is true or not as I have only received this info from one source.

I don’t know whether your sales person was just “telling” you something.  I’ve not been to the Yaris factory but I’ve been to others and both left and right hand drive vehicle come down the line randomly.  It could be different now with supply chains but I do wonder.   

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, anchorman said:

I don’t know whether your sales person was just “telling” you something.  I’ve not been to the Yaris factory but I’ve been to others and both left and right hand drive vehicle come down the line randomly.  It could be different now with supply chains but I do wonder.   

It’s likely to be another salesman’s story. To be honest I don’t believe anything unless it’s come from multiple sources. My biggest gripe is on cancelled orders where initially I was told that they went back into the dealer network with no control only to be told by another dealer that they could keep them and offer them at full list price for somebody who wants to jump the queue. Was also told that they are charged a penalty whether they keep them or send them back. Who knows 🤔

I ordered a Yaris Cross Hybrid in September 2021. It is now September 2022 and it still hasn't come!

They keep giving dates that change with the wind- Not helpful!

• Sad 2

49 minutes ago, Amel said:

I ordered a Yaris Cross Hybrid in September 2021. It is now September 2022 and it still hasn't come!

That is a long wait, I was thinking that the Cross model was being delivered quicker but could be wrong.  What model and extras did you order?

I am seriously exploring other options with in stock vehicles, might have got a lead on a Clio RS line Hybrid for some money and 0% apr too

So today all the paperwork's completed for an order on the excel in solid white 😀.  Got 2 dealerships to compete on price, total off is £350 less than last month's price at just under £22k.

Although I really would like the hud from the Mazda Yaris select, with some differences in specs, price & finance rate, I estimated the excel to be £1k+ cheaper. HUD and wireless charger isn't worth £1k+. I prefer the spec of the excel. 

Noting the lead time from various members here, am anticipating around 9 months, not going to harass the dealership as its nothing they can do with the lead time. Just going to relax now.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mojo1010 said:

So today all the paperwork's completed for an order on the excel in solid white 😀.  Got 2 dealerships to compete on price, total off is £350 less than last month's price at just under £22k.

Although I really would like the hud from the Mazda Yaris select, with some differences in specs, price & finance rate, I estimated the excel to be £1k+ cheaper. HUD and wireless charger isn't worth £1k+. I prefer the spec of the excel. 

Noting the lead time from various members here, am anticipating around 9 months, not going to harass the dealership as its nothing they can do with the lead time. Just going to relax now.....

Excellent news!

If i go ahead with the other car purchase, I will likely have a brand new Yaris Excel in Dekuma Grey to sell....

3 hours ago, tjhetty said:

I am seriously exploring other options with in stock vehicles, might have got a lead on a Clio RS line Hybrid for some money and 0% apr too

If you want to forgo a Yaris for a Clio then good luck and make sure you know your way to the dealer workshop.  

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, tjhetty said:

Father in law has had them for 15-20 years with not a single issue.....

I have owned French cars and i will never buy another.

This is the JD Power Survey - 

https://www.buyacar.co.uk/cars/478/most-reliable-cars-rated-by-jd-power-uk

• Like 1

I did look at the Clio Rs line hybrid spec/price at one stage. It had more power than the yaris at 145bhp which I like, fuel maybe similar, wireless charger iirc, and 0% Apr 24months. 

But it doesn't have power folding mirrors, Toyota renowned reliability record. Price are about £100 more with the Yaris, on current interest rate. I like the design of the Yaris better, the Clio looks a little same same. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

So today all the paperwork's completed for an order on the excel in solid white 

Excellent choice, white definitely suits the Yaris and great price also. Hopefully lead times will improve next year and don’t have to wait too long 👍

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 12:07 PM, Amel said:

Ordered our Yaris Cross Excell in Scarlet Flare 6th December 2021 and picked it up June 1st 2022. We were never given a real date and just followed the App which tracked the car. I don’t think the dealership had much say in the matter. It looks like production has slipped again.

On 9/8/2022 at 8:45 AM, ISL said:

It’s likely to be another salesman’s story. To be honest I don’t believe anything unless it’s come from multiple sources. My biggest gripe is on cancelled orders where initially I was told that they went back into the dealer network with no control only to be told by another dealer that they could keep them and offer them at full list price for somebody who wants to jump the queue. Was also told that they are charged a penalty whether they keep them or send them back. Who knows 🤔

I believe they do get penalised for ordering cars that don’t have a customer to stop them ordering for stock.  It’s probably customers insistence for info that forces them into saying something that sounds knowledgeable when in reality they’ve no more idea about predicting the markets.  You can have a promise from a supplier one day that slips the next either because half their workforce goes sick with Covid or one of their suppliers does the same.  It’s still rampant in the Far East.  We think it’s gone in our naïve isolation over here.   It’s not fair to hold Toyota responsible for it.  Delivery will ebb and flow whether we like it or not.  

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 5:31 PM, tjhetty said:

Dear me, you really ought to reconsider that option.............

• Haha 1

When you need a car and you have run out of options with Toyota then you are bound to look elsewhere. For me I have tried and can’t find anything close to the Yaris, however got to say the Renault Clio is still a superb car.

On 9/8/2022 at 8:56 PM, Max_Headroom said:

I have owned French cars and i will never buy another.

My last car was a Peugeot 508 which turned out to be one of the most reliable cars I have owned. Was sold last month with 185,000 miles on the clock, just had regular servicing nothing else in my 8 years of ownership.  Still had original clutch.

1 hour ago, ISL said:

My last car was a Peugeot 508 which turned out to be one of the most reliable cars I have owned. Was sold last month with 185,000 miles on the clock, just had regular servicing nothing else in my 8 years of ownership.  Still had original clutch.

I am not saying every French car will be an unreliable money pit but you cannot argue with the stats below which show Citroen and Renault came last in the reliability survey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ISL said:

For me I have tried and can’t find anything close to the Yaris

For me it was between the i20 and Yaris  parking is unbelievably tight where i live so i got the Yaris.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links