Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

i20 got decent reviews, top trim about £700 cheaper than the excel, but higher finance rate will wipe that out. 

Yeah I never given another make a serious consideration, the Yaris trump's the i20 in fuel economy. Driving when it's using EV is nice. 

• Like 1

Yeah, you can pretend you have an EV but without the downsides :laugh: 

It's such a nice feeling when you're stuck in traffic and the car is just running on what's effectively 'free' energy, that would have otherwise been wasted in a normal ICE car.

2 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

For me it was between the i20 and Yaris  parking is unbelievably tight where i live so i got the Yaris.

Same here! The Yaris is borderline the maximum size I'm prepared to deal with for similar reasons - If it was a more similar size to the Aygox that would have been practically perfect for me. In fact, if they re-made the Mk2 Yaris with the Mk4's hybrid drive that would be close to my perfect car!

It's narrower, shorter and taller than the Mk4 but has a much roomier interior and far better visibility! While the Mk4 is much nicer to drive, I do miss the sliding rear seats and low-flat rear headrests the Mk2 had...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

am not saying every French car will be an unreliable money pit but you cannot argue with the stats below which show Citroen and Renault came last in the reliability survey.

In the same survey a French car came out top beating the Yaris. I still prefer the Yaris though ☺️

78F2E84F-5920-4F30-ADF2-CA1DE46CE577.thumb.jpeg.a23310ce26fa66bc0093871d169ee164.jpeg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ISL said:

In the same survey a French car came out top beating the Yaris. I still prefer the Yaris though ☺️

78F2E84F-5920-4F30-ADF2-CA1DE46CE577.thumb.jpeg.a23310ce26fa66bc0093871d169ee164.jpeg

Had a Peugeot 206 courtesy car once, worst car i have ever driven, the gearbox felt like mixing eggs with a wooden spoon and the power steering went as i was going down a slip road off a motorway! luckily i was on my way to the dealers to hand it back! never ever fanced a Peugeot again after that but it did help my look in Toyota's direction so have to thank them for that 😁

In the truest sense of the word, the Yaris is French but it’s Japanese French so I’ll let it off 🤪

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Eddie G said:

Had a Peugeot 206 courtesy car once, worst car i have ever driven, the gearbox felt like mixing eggs with a wooden spoon and the power steering went as i was going down a slip road off a motorway! luckily i was on my way to the dealers to hand it back! never ever fanced a Peugeot again after that but it did help my look in Toyota's direction so have to thank them for that 😁

To be fair, as a courtesy car, it'd probably have been thrashed to an inch of it's life so it's no surprise it'd have some issues :laugh: 

But I do tend to think of most other marques, esp. french ones, as cars to own while they're under warranty then get shot of it ASAP, whereas with a Toyota I feel if it has a much better chance of staying reliable long after the warranty ends.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 8:43 PM, tjhetty said:

Delivery update, 1st March order, was told end of Sept two weeks ago, called today for an update and now showing mid November....disappointed as looking forward to getting the new car!

I know how you feel I was being estimated 11th October, had a call Friday saying its between 24th and 28th October now. Its the frustration of it all I'm finding as it's like I just want my new car 

• Like 1

I often have a look around at the traffic vista of our roads and see how its changing. There was a time when the day or two following the new reg I would see many happy new motorists driving aimlessly around parading their new wheels.

I have just completed a return journey to Cumbria travelling up through Wales and returning M6/M5 etc. I have only seen one 72 plate car on that 14hr pleasure trip. I also noted the lack of 'how the heck did that pass an MOT' cars on the road. 

When Im home in the depths of Welsh Wales and looking whats on the road, I see more older French brand cars than any other. There's an old Megane in the village which I know does a 100 mile round commute daily, even during lock down as shes an NHS worker. Never seen her in anything else, in all weathers and time of day.

The best of all is a Renault Kangoo type car which is kept by an older guy who keeps bees. The bees are situated up a track which some modern 4x4 owners would wince at. It looks like its ready to fall apart but it hasnt and has looked like that since he had it new over 10 yrs ago. If you travel through France, they like their old cars and keep them going for as long as possible. I remember an old work colleague who had a 2CV and said you had to be a blacksmith, not a mechanic to keep it going.

In terms of reliability, I'm going out to the garage now to charge up the Battery on our CHR. Not for the first time I should add. I know other Toyota Hybrid users may be doing the same or having the AA out again having just got off the plane.

Happy Sunday everyone.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jodie Danielle said:

I know how you feel I was being estimated 11th October, had a call Friday saying its between 24th and 28th October now. Its the frustration of it all I'm finding as it's like I just want my new car 

Mine’s still estimated for 16th November, so hopefully just 2 months left to wait.  Based on this date does anyone know when my car is likely to go into build? How long between build date and delivery?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cyker said:

To be fair, as a courtesy car, it'd probably have been thrashed to an inch of it's life so it's no surprise it'd have some issues :laugh: 

But I do tend to think of most other marques, esp. french ones, as cars to own while they're under warranty then get shot of it ASAP, whereas with a Toyota I feel if it has a much better chance of staying reliable long after the warranty ends.

Even for a courtesy car i thought power steering going was a tad much 😱 same here on out or warranty cars got to be Japanese and with Hybrid Tec Toyota was a easy choice to run long term.

• Haha 1

So my wife ordered a Yaris excel in May 2022 with an estimate of Nov or Dec 22. After a lengthy battle with the Toyota dealer and many phone calls we finally had an update. Now we are told its estimated to be Feb 2023.  So 3 months delay and a lease car that goes back in Nov 2022.  Bad news but much worse when we had to fight so hard to get an answer..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ive read a few similar stories where theres little or no communication from the dealer. Our plan B should we find ourselves in a similar boat is to buy a runabout for about £1k and hope it survives until the new car comes. We still have our CHR but will sell prior to new car arriving hopefully.

We have ordered a Mazda Yaris and did so in June2022. Its 'ready' date is estimated to be w/c 19th Sept 2022. Last time we checked, this is still the case, but we're prepared for a set back.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ISL said:

Mine’s still estimated for 16th November, so hopefully just 2 months left to wait.  Based on this date does anyone know when my car is likely to go into build? How long between build date and delivery?

Well if mine's any guide it arrived with the dealership on the 29th July and was built around 11th/12th of the same month so that's only 17/18 days. On that basis maybe around late October build for around 16th November at the dealership? That's a bit of of guess of course - I was fortunate in that mine arrived sooner than was expected (early to mid August estimated and was showing this on the 'behind the scenes' info on the My T web portal). 

As I said in a previous post the irony was I wasn't in a hurry as I'd decided to wait until the reg change on September 1st so early to mid August delivery to the dealership would have been fine.

Really terrible to read other posts where dealerships are being uncommunicative with news and updates. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spiral82 said:

Well if mine's any guide it arrived with the dealership on the 29th July and was built around 11th/12th of the same month so that's only 17/18 days. On that basis maybe around late October build for around 16th November at the dealership? That's a bit of of guess of course - I was fortunate in that mine arrived sooner than was expected (early to mid August estimated and was showing this on the 'behind the scenes' info on the My T web portal). 

As I said in a previous post the irony was I wasn't in a hurry as I'd decided to wait until the reg change on September 1st so early to mid August delivery to the dealership would have been fine.

Really terrible to read other posts where dealerships are being uncommunicative with news and updates. 

Thanks Mark, that is really helpful, hopefully not too long to wait now.  How's your new car going, are you enjoying it?

• Like 1

Thanks Shaun - glad that was helpful and I hope you face no further 'bumps' in your delivery date.

Yes I'm very impressed with the Yaris so far thanks: super to drive and looks great! Only fly in the ointment at the moment is Apple CarPlay: it's a wonderful feature (never had it on a car before) but yesterday was a bit flaky in that it disconnected a few times. I'll try a new cable - one I'm using was an old one perviously used for charging my phone. 

• Like 2

On 9/11/2022 at 3:32 PM, ISL said:

Mine has been showing where its meant to be built for 2 weeks and still no sign of it being built. Hopefully it will get built soon and be here for the end of October 

• Like 1

Ours was due to be delivered this month (September), but we've now been given a date of December 2022. Not too bad considering we only ordered it in December 2021.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Big_D said:

Ours was due to be delivered this month (September), but we've now been given a date of December 2022. Not too bad considering we only ordered it in December 2021.

You could have ordered a Morgan and had it delivered quicker (historically known for long lead times)

image.thumb.png.8c34f257a96fbd88326078fb5f7e471b.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Jodie Danielle said:

Mine has been showing where its meant to be built for 2 weeks and still no sign of it being built. Hopefully it will get built soon and be here for the end of October 

Fingers crossed that something happens soon, would be nice for us all to have a precise delivery date that we can work to.  For me it is just the fear of further delays, at the moment in my head I can cope with 16th November delivery date. Feeling for Bob who looks like he is having to wait 12 months Dec21 to Dec22😥.  For me it is currently looking like 9 months.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Big_D said:

Was it with tech pack?

On another note, I'm in romania - Bucharest this week, seen 2 MK4 yaris. One without rear tinted windows, one with tinted rear and had look like full leather seats. We don't get the full leather seat option here, seen a couple of chr as well. Majority of cars there are Dacia. 

• Like 2

When it leaves the factory it has to go to the UK factory at Derby for some 'checks' according to the dealer. After build how long did people wait before they got their hands on the car? My Icon spec vehicle left the factory in France one week past.

• Like 1

Ordered new yaris in March, has been delayed. Been told that it is in transit from France last week.

How long does it take for this take? as they have said roughly October 10th, my tracking app hasn't updated any and Toyota have not gotten back to me about it.

We would like it sooner than later of course out of normal impatience but also due do my grandads funeral on the 14th of October so would prefer to have the new car for the trip up north as my aygo isn't the best for those trips.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20220917-002420_MyT.jpg

• Like 1

Have been told my Mazda Yaris is delayed by a week. Dealer's words, you will have it by the end of September..didn't say what year though 🤔

• Like 2

@Mojo1010 Yes, it has Tech Pack and Panoramic roof. Apparently there are issues sourcing components for hybrid batteries, the tech pack, and Panoramic roof.

• Like 2