Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

On 9/17/2022 at 12:24 AM, Jfryers said:

Ordered new yaris in March, has been delayed. Been told that it is in transit from France last week.

How long does it take for this take? as they have said roughly October 10th, my tracking app hasn't updated any and Toyota have not gotten back to me about it.

We would like it sooner than later of course out of normal impatience but also due do my grandads funeral on the 14th of October so would prefer to have the new car for the trip up north as my aygo isn't the best for those trips.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20220917-002420_MyT.jpg

Mine went like that the 31st August and it will be 3 weeks on Wednesday that happened and I'm being told my car won't be arriving til between 24th to 28th October, I ordered mine March and I had a date of 11th October 

• Like 2

Congratulations, the order for your new car has been processed and the factory has received the details. 
Thanks to a unique tracking number, you will not hear from us for several months, perhaps years, who knows. We may from time to time provide you little or no information on the status of your order. 
While you are waiting for your vehicle, why not discover a new hobby or make friends with other customers also waiting for their cars indefinitely. You may engage in discussions or even participate in "The Word Association Thread". This will help pass the time away until one day you graduate to the next stage of your journey. 
Next step: The next part of your vehicles' journey begins - the build. (whoop, whoop!) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

No car makers want to be in this situation, it's out of their control. I guess from reading comments here, some dealers could communicate better with customers. 

My standard excel were ordered about 10 days ago, am not expecting it till at least next summer. 

• Like 2

Yesterday MyT was saying my new car Yaris had been shipped, today it is back to the first step.  I know getting car parts has been a nightmare for them etc. but what's going on with the app?

17 minutes ago, Cjmpom said:

Yesterday MyT was saying my new car Yaris had been shipped, today it is back to the first step.  I know getting car parts has been a nightmare for them etc. but what's going on with the app?

Well the location has gone off my app so no idea what's going. I think it's getting ridiculous now 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jodie Danielle said:

Well the location has gone off my app so no idea what's going. I think it's getting ridiculous now 

It really is.  The whole time I'm waiting I'm driving around in my aygo - the deposit - and I'm so worried I'll have an accident or something.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cjmpom said:

It really is.  The whole time I'm waiting I'm driving around in my aygo - the deposit - and I'm so worried I'll have an accident or something.

Hopefully it's a glitch and the information will be back up soon. It's just so disheartening when it keeps happening 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t read too much into the app, it’s only a toy.  It will work when everything is running normally but production schedules change frequently and then junk in becomes junk out.  I can understand the concern for people coming to the end of a PCP because they’ll have to extend the plan or cough up which might not be easy, I get that but all this wittering about the app and changing dates will not change a thing.  Toyota don’t know because their suppliers don’t know.  Stop worrying and one day your dealer will phone you.  It’s a car not a dialysis machine.   If your worried about a PCP, Toyota will extend it or the dealer will find you a decent second hand car.  I would like my AWD before the winter or I’ll have to think about all season tyres for my Yaris but I can like all I want, it’s not going to make it come any faster, it’s just tough.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, anchorman said:

Don’t read too much into the app, it’s only a toy.  It will work when everything is running normally but production schedules change frequently and then junk in becomes junk out.  

😁 The whole thing is a joke, along with the silly marketing words.  Best that Toyota were just straight and gave some honest answers, if they don't know, they tell us, but constant mixed messages and contradictory information does not help keep customers on side.

The build process
After waiting several years you will be pleased to know that it only takes fifteen minutes from the moment the rolled raw
steel arrives to transform it into your vehicle. The steel is flattened and shaped while fine Shirataki noodles in a peanut
sauce are used to dress your car's body panels.
Focused solely on quality, our skilled technicians complete more than 300 complex moves on the Rubik's cube during the
assembly of your car as it passes along the factory line. The world renowned Toyota production system is fundamental in
delivering the built-in quality that Toyota owners expect.
But the process isn't done yet.
The Next Step: Now for a thorough shimi shami.

47 minutes ago, ISL said:

😁 The whole thing is a joke, along with the silly marketing words.  Best that Toyota were just straight and gave some honest answers, if they don't know, they tell us, but constant mixed messages and contradictory information does not help keep customers on side.

The build process
After waiting several years you will be pleased to know that it only takes fifteen minutes from the moment the rolled raw
steel arrives to transform it into your vehicle. The steel is flattened and shaped while fine Shirataki noodles in a peanut
sauce are used to dress your car's body panels.
Focused solely on quality, our skilled technicians complete more than 300 complex moves on the Rubik's cube during the
assembly of your car as it passes along the factory line. The world renowned Toyota production system is fundamental in
delivering the built-in quality that Toyota owners expect.
But the process isn't done yet.
The Next Step: Now for a thorough shimi shami.

Under normal circumstances it would work reasonably well and completely automatically.   There are trigger points for the system that follow the order through the process.  At the moment, any point might get disturbed so if the parts bin is short of semiconductors, tyres or anything else (if there is a single washer out of stock it will halt production).  There could be other problems further down the process so if shipping or rail can’t be guaranteed at a constantly changing time it will throw up these anomalies in the app.  The best thing is to ignore the app if you’re not going to open minded about global supply chain and manufacturing.  That will avoid disappointment and bad feeling.  It also avoids less knowledgeable people lashing out at Toyota when it’s the same or worse at virtually every manufacturer in the world.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ignore the app it’s not very good at all. When I ordered my Yaris I spent a month going back and forth between Toyota and the dealer trying to even get it to show my order, in the end I gave up and got on with my life. Got the occasional text from the dealer just to say they hadn’t forgotten me and about a month before it was due got a call to say it was about to go into build, a few weeks later the “it’s here” call came. It was eventually delivered about a week later than the original estimated delivery date. 

• Like 1

Interesting comments re process and systems. TPS is a closed deterministic process of work with predefined inputs and outputs. For all systems to work efficiently and effectively excess capacity and tolerance is required. This is not the case with lean JIT processes.

Some really mixed responses here - all of which I understand,  but it's all about perspective really.  We're all approaching this from our own vastly different perspectives.  

I want to know about my new car because it's a big deal for me (a poor person 🤣) , I don't need to justify that.  People that are chill about not knowing?  Good for you dude.  That must be nice.

Anyway, i've just realised the app simply defaults periodically to "processing".  I logged into my toyota account on their website and can see my car is I'm Bruges - so coolio, won't be long now.  I won't bother with the app now 😀 let's move on with our lives and (eventually) enjoy our new cars.

• Like 5

I agree. I haven’t looked at the app for ages. I speak to my Dealer every couple of months.  It’s more informative. As much as we want our new Yaris, we’re prepared to wait a bit longer. It was due to arrive this month but is now scheduled for December. 

4 hours ago, Newbie47 said:

Received an email and notification this morning that my build has begun! 😀

Mine has started to be built as well. Not had an email but I noticed on the toyota website this morning 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jodie Danielle said:

Mine has started to be built as well. Not had an email but I noticed on the toyota website this morning 

That’s good news - I got the email and notification but the app has not updated yet (guess it will catch up soon).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newbie47 said:

That’s good news - I got the email and notification but the app has not updated yet (guess it will catch up soon).

If you go onto the actual toyota website it will say build in progress. It certainly is good news. Hope they arrive soon

• Like 2

Base models seem to be ahead of schedule my Icon version ordered at the end of May is at Burnaston for final checks with projected arrival at the dealer on the 10th of October. It seems to be higher spec models delayed? 

• Like 1

Well mine has gone to left the factory this morning, so hopefully not much longer and it will be here. Very impressed at how quickly it went from build on Sunday to left the the factory this morning 

• Like 3

I'm collecting my Mazda Yaris on Friday 😀. June order to September delivery is what was promised, so can't fault them. Just hope the handover is indorrs as theyve forecast the heaviest rain in months 😖

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Llynyfan said:

I'm collecting my Mazda Yaris on Friday 😀. June order to September delivery is what was promised, so can't fault them. Just hope the handover is indorrs as theyve forecast the heaviest rain in months 😖

Got mine in a rain shower they left the door open and I’ve still got water marks on the inside door plastic 🙄

• Sad 2

Woke up this morning to find a sparkling white 72 plate Yaris in my neighbours parking bay. It replaces a previous Yaris so she must be a Toyota fan.  It would be interesting to find out when she ordered her new car.

• Like 3

I'm a Toyota fan too 😀, first one was a corolla 1.6 GLS auto, forgot what mark it was. Then mk1 Yaris and currently MK3 hybrid, to be replace by a new MK4 excel next year. Have a long wait, only ordered just over 2 weeks ago......

• Like 3