Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

8 minutes ago, Rizz said:

Likewise. I’ll be at 3 weeks since it “left the factory” tomorrow. 

I just keep hoping it might come this month but not having much hope, the rate I'm going to will be here in time for Christmas 

1 hour ago, Jodie Danielle said:

I just keep hoping it might come this month but not having much hope, the rate I'm going to will be here in time for Christmas 

Have you ordered any extras Jodie?   My mates was at Derby for several weeks waiting for mudflaps.  Another mate’s later production model overtook it.    

8 hours ago, anchorman said:

Have you ordered any extras Jodie?   My mates was at Derby for several weeks waiting for mudflaps.  Another mate’s later production model overtook it.    

My car is built and has left the factory 2 weeks ago, there were no extras apart from a dash cam. I could understand had my car not been built but the fact it has and there's no reason for it to be delayed still. 

3 minutes ago, Jodie Danielle said:

My car is built and has left the factory 2 weeks ago, there were no extras apart from a dash cam. I could understand had my car not been built but the fact it has and there's no reason for it to be delayed still. 

It’s very frustrating Jodie especially in your case where your car is completely standard and makes no sense when there are customers out there who are currently driving their cars when placing later orders. If it was my choice I would drive out to France with a trailer and pick the car up myself. Porsche allow you to do this, so why not Toyota!

1 minute ago, ISL said:

It’s very frustrating Jodie especially in your case where your car is completely standard and makes no sense when there are customers out there who are currently driving their cars when placing later orders. If it was my choice I would drive out to France with a trailer and pick the car up myself. Porsche allow you to do this, so why not Toyota!

It is very frustrating as you say there are other people who have ordered after me and already get there cars, which don't make any sense as how has that worked 

7 minutes ago, Jodie Danielle said:

Yes there is if you’ve ordered a dash cam.  In the first place, you’re placing too much emphasis on the app.  It’s not reliable at the moment but just because it’s built doesn’t mean their going to rush a special delivery to your dealer.  It has to be scheduled in with other orders and most of them are coming by train so they’ll wait until there’s a train full.  I was trying to be helpful by asking about accessories and the you indignantly brush aside the Dashcam as irrelevant when I can tell you for a fact that it will sit in a queue at Derby waiting for it to be fitted - when it eventually gets there.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ISL said:

No volume car maker will allow it.  Comparing Yaris with Porsche isn’t really representative.  
I would write to Ursula von der Leyen and ask her to mention this atrocity in the next United Nations meeting.  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

Except Ursula von der Leyen doesn’t attend UN meetings !

• Haha 1

My dealer is now saying they are “expecting to have it” on 15th October. Let’s see. He says they then need 48 hrs to get it ready for handover. 

2 hours ago, Graham47 said:

Except Ursula von der Leyen doesn’t attend UN meetings !

She doesn’t bother her head about Yaris deliveries either. 

• Haha 2

A proportion of the Yaris cars come into the UK by train but I think the majority are still coming into Grimsby by boat, before going to Burnaston.

I was in Grimsby a couple of weeks ago and there must have been 250+ Yaris and Yaris Crosses on the dockside, maybe many more, all waiting for slots on road transporters. On the way home, I passed 4 transporters on the M180/M18 full of Yaris and Yaris Crosses on route to Derbyshire.

Somebody's car may well have been there but when you see the scale of the operation, you see why it takes time. Say one of them at the back of the queue on the dockside, and 5 transporters a day each moving 10 cars, it could be 10 days or so to get from Grimsby to Burnaston (I don't know the actual figures but there are transporters moving other Toyotas from Portbury, as well as many other makes and models around the country, so it's maybe not as simple as book more transporters!)

I would hazard a guess that there is a significant knock on impact on sea freight due to the ongoing strikes at Felixstowe and Liverpool ports. They are 2 of the busiest ports and all this freight has to be diverted and programmed through other ports. I read somewhere that, since the strikes, Grimsby/Immingham has been the busiest port in the UK. This is bound to cause a backlog of booking slots and explain some delays being loaded on to ships at the origin ports.

• Like 1

App now showing at Zeebrugge, now hopefully not waiting to long before being on ship to UK.

Just to see the scale of the operation at Grimsby, this is the satellite image of the car holding areas after unloading from the ships. Anyone wish to count!😀 Obviously these are not all Toyotas, but.they need moving.

Toyota2.thumb.jpg.1de7cf1448ea3158d4b2338edd1a6fbd.jpg

And from street view, you can see some lovely Yaris's been loaded on to transporters for some lucky owners...

Toyota.thumb.jpg.dc8ae3b26cfcea7ae9cc9fc82d550681.jpg

• Like 5

Ursula probably ordered a Porsche, unlike the average person, and probably got a trailer to get the car too. 

When I picked up my Mazda Yaris a couple of weeks back, they told me that the transporter that was delivering 4 more cars the day before broke down. He had to leave the vehicle laden trailer and drive the tractor unit back for repair and return. A day lost. 

Given everything going on, there are still incidents like this which cause delays. No consolation for those waiting, but reading the thread I agree, ditch the unreliable app and go with it, theres nothing more you can do sadly.

I'm a little surprised the Dashcam isnt fitted at the dealer at PDI as well, fitted in Derby means joining another queue I guess. What a mess 😥

As previously mentioned, went it does turn up, what an absolutely fab car...love it!

• Like 2

I know it's annoying, like excitedly anticipating Xmas as a kid except someone keeps moving it back, but you all just have to keep reminding yourselves it'll be worth the wait :naughty: 

It'll just make it that much sweeter when you do get it :biggrin: 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Llynyfan said:

dashcam isnt fitted at the dealer at PDI as well, fitted in Derby means joining another queue I guess

Dashcams are dealer fit aren't they, even if spec'd at order time?

• Like 2

Yeah I think Dashcam are dealer fit. 

Seeing what some of you are going through awaiting deliveries of your nice new MK4 Yaris, I'm going to have to be super chill about when mine will come. 

If it comes next march/April then great, July is fine also when my insurance is due for renewal so don't pay admin fee for a change of car. But I would be upset if end of next year, probably have a big rant like some here! 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Baytree said:

Dashcams are dealer fit aren't they, even if spec'd at order time?

Not if the car is ordered online, the dealer has very little to do with it.  If it’s ordered at the dealer I don’t know.  

33 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Yeah I think dashcam are dealer fit. 

Seeing what some of you are going through awaiting deliveries of your nice new MK4 Yaris, I'm going to have to be super chill about when mine will come. 

If it comes next march/April then great, July is fine also when my insurance is due for renewal so don't pay admin fee for a change of car. But I would be upset if end of next year, probably have a big rant like some here! 

As long as Putin’s finger doesn’t get too itchy, I think (hope) it will be inside a year.  If the Chinese lock horns with Taiwan we’ll be in trouble because they are both responsible for a lot of Toyota parts.  

• Like 1

ordered a Yaris design 10 days ago, estimated handover states: 31/03/23. Does this seem right? or am I gonna be waiting a little more? would love to know 🙂

3 minutes ago, wrldontop said:

ordered a Yaris design 10 days ago, estimated handover states: 31/03/23. Does this seem right? or am I gonna be waiting a little more? would love to know 🙂

Probably if that’s what they’re predicting.  If you add extras you might slow it down and supply chains come and go (China is still suffering with Covid).  I was told November but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was spring.  Anything better is a bonus but it comes when it comes.  

2 minutes ago, anchorman said:

Probably if that’s what they’re predicting.  If you add extras you might slow it down and supply chains come and go (China is still suffering with Covid).  I was told November but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was spring.  Anything better is a bonus but it comes when it comes.  

ah okay, thanks. car is just a standard yaris design with no extras so might be fine 😄

• Like 1

My excel with no extra were ordered a month ago, the estimate of delivery date on the order form is 19/01/23......it's very unlikely from what others here are going through, though I would be delighted!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wrldontop said:

ah okay, thanks. car is just a standard yaris design with no extras so might be fine 😄

A Design isn’t loaded with toys which is a positive 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links