Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

3 minutes ago, anchorman said:

A Design isn’t loaded with toys which is a positive 👍

hope so!, thanks for the little bit of help 😄 hope yours comes in november! 

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

I know it's annoying, like excitedly anticipating Xmas as a kid except someone keeps moving it back, but you all just have to keep reminding yourselves it'll be worth the wait :naughty: 

It'll just make it that much sweeter when you do get it :biggrin: 

Exactly! Just look at what else is happening in the world, and having to wait a few extra days, weeks or even months for a new car isn't the worst that can happen. The anticipation is often the best part of getting a new toy anyway.

2 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

My excel with no extra were ordered a month ago, the estimate of delivery date on the order form is 19/01/23......it's very unlikely from what others here are going through, though I would be delighted!

If supply chains improve, they’ll all start coming through. There are some big new “fabs” (factories) coming on line in 2024 in the USA.  I personally think that’s when things will get back to normal as there will be less dependence on the Far East.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wrldontop said:

hope so!, thanks for the little bit of help 😄 hope yours comes in november! 

I’m running a Yaris Design like you’re having.  I’m confident enough that it won’t come that I’ve ordered Cross Climate tyres for mine (being fitted Saturday) so if it does show up, you’re getting a set of Michelin tyres at a bargain price!!!

127113D3-F974-4E52-A71F-C8A8ED8728AC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2022 at 10:19 PM, Jodie Danielle said:

I just keep hoping it might come this month but not having much hope, the rate I'm going to will be here in time for Christmas 

You’re out of the woods now Jodie, your car now exists.  You’ll just have to be patient for a little while until they get it to you.  They’ve made it and they want you’re money so they’ll be doing the best they can.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, anchorman said:

I’m running a Yaris Design like you’re having.  I’m confident enough that it won’t come that I’ve ordered Cross Climate tyres for mine (being fitted Saturday) so if it does show up, you’re getting a set of Michelin tyres at a bargain price!!!

I'm thinking of moving to Derbyshire one day, was there when I was very young for 6 months in Oakwood. Would definitely get all season tyres if the move happens in the future. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

I'm thinking of moving to Derbyshire one day, was there when I was very young for 6 months in Oakwood. Would definitely get all season tyres if the move happens in the future. 

I’m quite a bit further north, right in the top of the county near Buxton.  It’s not particularly high (about 300m) but it seems to cop for a lot of snow.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, anchorman said:

Not if the car is ordered online, the dealer has very little to do with it.  If it’s ordered at the dealer I don’t know.  

Do you mean through an online dealer or through Toyota online? I thought if you order direct with Toyota, at some point you have to nominate a dealer who deal with the final PDI and handover. May have changed more recently though.

13 hours ago, anchorman said:

What paint is that? Tokyo Red? the one they dont offer anymore, or is it scarlet flare?

On 10/7/2022 at 2:02 PM, Kevlar76 said:

I'm currently waiting for a new Yaris GR Sport, totally standard. Ordered in early June, was expected mid November, currently at late December. Order begins with LB....

We ordered our GR Sports mid-July, originally told end of December, now been told today it will be April 2023! Standard spec, no options.

29 minutes ago, Reddan58 said:

We ordered our GR Sports mid-July, originally told end of December, now been told today it will be April 2023! Standard spec, no options.

Sadly for some customers lead times are getting longer, whereas some lucky ones are receiving their cars quicker than quoted times. Have been trying to get to the bottom of this directly with Toyota and dealers however every response is different and often conflicting. Every individual needs a car for different reasons, some are a necessity because they don’t have alternative transport others are happy to wait and make do in the interim. Personally I am not excited in anyway about receiving my new car, it is just a necessity to get from A to B.  I did my homework and the Yaris ticks almost all the boxes for my daily needs. I sold my daily drive back in July with the anticipation of receiving my new car in the quoted delivery time. Fortunately I have access to other vehicles but in the interim have had to hire a car at my own expense for daily use.  The extra cost unfortunately for me negates any running cost savings I will achieve with the new Yaris.  All you can do is to stay in regular contact with your dealership so they can keep you informed of production developments and delays. So far in my experience the communication and reason for some customers receiving long delays has been very poor from Toyota.  I’ve now been waiting 8 months and still no confirmation on delivery. I hope that you will receive some improvement on your lead time soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nlee said:

Do you mean through an online dealer or through Toyota online? I thought if you order direct with Toyota, at some point you have to nominate a dealer who deal with the final PDI and handover. May have changed more recently though.

You do yes but they only hand the car over as delivered from Derby.  It should arrive with every extra the purchaser ordered.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GR Weasel said:

What paint is that? Tokyo Red? the one they dont offer anymore, or is it scarlet flare?

YesTokyo Red - 3T3 is the paint code.  I didn’t buy it new, I bought it off the lady with the Cross in the photos as a stop gap.  I would choose it again if they offered it.  I think the colour range they currently offer is poor to be honest.  I had a dynamic in blue ordered but they changed to only Excel in AWD and handed the colour choice over to the Boring Dept down in Epsom.  

1E3CA911-D3BF-43FA-B62D-E9F3E64249C1.jpeg

16 minutes ago, ISL said:

Sadly for some customers lead times are getting longer, whereas some lucky ones are receiving their cars quicker than quoted times. Have been trying to get to the bottom of this directly with Toyota and dealers however every response is different and often conflicting. Every individual needs a car for different reasons, some are a necessity because they don’t have alternative transport others are happy to wait and make do in the interim. Personally I am not excited in anyway about receiving my new car, it is just a necessity to get from A to B.  I did my homework and the Yaris ticks almost all the boxes for my daily needs. I sold my daily drive back in July with the anticipation of receiving my new car in the quoted delivery time. Fortunately I have access to other vehicles but in the interim have had to hire a car at my own expense for daily use.  The extra cost unfortunately for me negates any running cost savings I will achieve with the new Yaris.  All you can do is to stay in regular contact with your dealership so they can keep you informed of production developments and delays. So far in my experience the communication and reason for some customers receiving long delays has been very poor from Toyota.  I’ve now been waiting 8 months and still no confirmation on delivery. I hope that you will receive some improvement on your lead time soon.

I don’t think it’s fair to blame Toyota.  They’re in exactly the same boat as every other manufacturer in the world. They can attempt to plan a production run but it only take one washer or clip or sticker that is a legal requirement under the bonnet that they’re short of and they can’t build.  These shortages arise for the most obscure reasons.  The clip maker is waiting for a replacement worn out die, the washer maker’s VNC machine needs a new PLC on back order from Taiwan or it’s stuck on a ship somewhere.  I’ve worked in manufacturing and even in good times it can be a nightmare.  We don’t think about Covid any more but it’s causing big problems with staff shortages in other countries.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anchorman said:

I don’t think it’s fair to blame Toyota.  They’re in exactly the same boat as every other manufacturer in the world. They can attempt to plan a production run but it only take one washer or clip or sticker that is a legal requirement under the bonnet that they’re short of and they can’t build.  These shortages arise for the most obscure reasons.  The clip maker is waiting for a replacement worn out die, the washer maker’s VNC machine needs a new PLC on back order from Taiwan or it’s stuck on a ship somewhere.  I’ve worked in manufacturing and even in good times it can be a nightmare.  We don’t think about Covid any more but it’s causing big problems with staff shortages in other countries.  

I work in manufacturing in myself and like all companies we experience long delays due to component and material shortages, however we do keep our customers fully informed often offering alternative solutions or change in specification.

All I am saying is that my experience as a customer of Toyota is poor. They do not communicate or provide clear transparent information of what the delays are.

1 hour ago, Reddan58 said:

Ordered my excel no options 2months after you. So I'm not expecting to see it earlier than June/July 23. 

@anchorman may have missed the post regarding your requirement for getting a newer MK4. You already got one.

42 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Ordered my excel no options 2months after you. So I'm not expecting to see it earlier than June/July 23. 

@anchorman may have missed the post regarding your requirement for getting a newer MK4. You already got one.

I’m getting a Cross. The Yaris is just a stop gap.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ISL said:

I work in manufacturing in myself and like all companies we experience long delays due to component and material shortages, however we do keep our customers fully informed often offering alternative solutions or change in specification.

All I am saying is that my experience as a customer of Toyota is poor. They do not communicate or provide clear transparent information of what the delays are.

You mean you want to know which particular parts they can’t get or you just want a weekly call to say they still don’t know when you’ll get it?   We’re all a bit different I suppose, I don’t need to know until they want me to go and collect it.  

I don't work in manufacturing, however my guess is there are hundreds of car part components, there are so many things being delayed with the current world situation. Therefore, there's no easy way to give alternative option to the consumer.

I can only imagine the frustration of having to sell/returned a car when being told to expect delivery by a certain date. Luckily I owned my MK3 and don't have an issue with this, just sell it when my local dealer contact me to collect the new car. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Reddan58 said:

Hopefully it will come before that, as that's a really long lead time.

If mine goes past Feb, I may cancel, as my current vehicle situation isn't compatible with a really long wait. Still hoping for Nov or Dec (worst case Jan) 

I still find it odd to hear all these stories of delay with Yaris orders. When I went to Mazda for my Yaris in June they checked their system and said September. It was delivered in September. As for parts etc, I have all the basic components of the Toyota version, 8" screen, 16 wheels, HUD, what I think are the seats from the Dynamic, privacy glass and a fab metallic black finish. What made me smile was when I looked at the brake calipers... clear as day on the pads, the word Toyota.

I know there are no Mazda fans here, well not many, but if they can do it, why cant Toyota? Communication from Mazda was also first class.

Just saying.

• Like 1

Interesting comments about the Mazda.  My son will be looking at the Yaris and the Mazda on Saturday and I’ll be tagging along out of curiosity.

Cheers

• Like 2

Think it's probably due to volume of sales from Toyota across their range. Mazda don't put together the car, it's Toyota. Though giving Mazda the Yaris means less for Toyota Yaris buyer.  

• Like 1

@Jimota I parted with a CHR for my MazYaris. I went into the Toyota showroom for a planned appointment only to be shunned by the salesman who made it, as he was busy with another customer. I was ready to sign for a GR spec in white as they were 'arriving in stock that week'. I didnt wait around.

A believer in fate I went up the road to Mazda and ended up with a Select spec. Promised and delivered on time, fab customer service and loving my car.

Theres a couple of caveats going to the Mazda, one being a 3 yr warranty only. On a plus, I have everything I needed on the car and more, including HUD which is awesome and 16 wheels as I believe they offer a more compliant ride than the 17s.

Best of luck, either way, he wont be disappointed. 

• Like 2

I suspect they made Mazda's batch earlier so Mazda have them 'in stock' to sell, whereas Toyota customers seem to be getting them built 'on-demand'.

On 10/12/2022 at 3:34 PM, anchorman said:

You mean you want to know which particular parts they can’t get or you just want a weekly call to say they still don’t know when you’ll get it?   We’re all a bit different I suppose, I don’t need to know until they want me to go and collect it.  

I think with the delay it would be good to touch base with the customer now and then if only to tell them things are still progressing and they haven't been forgotten about - It's just good customer service.

It may have saved some of the situations where e.g. some people have suddenly found they don't have a car and have gone to the back of the queue again for the next model year, because that line's been discontinued and they only found out because they called them rather than being contacted!

I have to say the biggest criticism I had of my dealer is the total lack of communication from them once I'd 'bought' the car (And even while I was buying the car come to think of it!), so I think it's quite a deeply ingrained problem with some dealerships *cough*jemca*cough* that they really need to work on. If I treated my customers like that I'd be looking for another job pretty quick!!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links