Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

I also don't care about the year, except for looking for what specs a particular year had; e.g. if I was going hunting for a Mk4, I'd be looking for a 21/early 22 one as the ones after that lost the HUD options!

I did that when I was looking for a Mk2 to replace my Mk1, and was searching specifically for a 2009 Mk2 originally, as that is the only one that had a) Steel rims, b) A digital dash, c) 100HP 1NR-FE engine (£30 tax vs £150!) and c) 6 gears!

All pre-2009 ones only had 5 gears and had the older 87 HP engine, and the post-2009 ones lost the digital dash and changed to alloy rims.

What I didn't count on was the 2009 was the first use of the 1NR-FE so it had all of the problems unfixed, e.g. the high oil burning... :oops: 

• Like 3

I was trying to offer help to the OP make a decision about Feb/Mar registration.  I wasn’t offering a definitive view on what to look for in a used car !
Not sure how either of these replies helps ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think everyone is rightly giving their viewpoint as requested. 🫣

I also had the dilemma of registering mine as a 22 or a 23 car. Car was ready 3 weeks before Jan 1st.  In the end I elected to wait and therefore securing perhaps better resale value in the future. I had already waited 10 months so a few extra weeks didn’t really matter that much.

In this case if it was my choice I would wait until March 1st and therefore a 23 plate irrespective of whether you put a private plate on it or not. 👍

• Like 4

Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts on when to take delivery of my new car. I haven’t heard from the dealer yet so, if I decide to go with March delivery, it will only add 3 weeks on to the already long wait. I appreciate not everyone would see it the same way but it feels like I’ve really nothing to lose by waiting until then.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to put in an order (later this week) and they're estimating 6 months for delivery, meaning August. I'm going to ask for September for the same reason!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

My order for the design spec no extras are estimated for Dec this year, 10 months. It's longer than anticipated but I like the fact that this dealer isn't fooling me with an earlier ETA. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Mojo1010 said:

My order for the design spec no extras are estimated for Dec this year, 10 months. It's longer than anticipated but I like the fact that this dealer isn't fooling me with an earlier ETA. 

Wait... so dealers are lying about the delay? I know 21/22 was slow, but I don't see what is gained by being deceptive about lead times.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

I'm about to put in an order (later this week) and they're estimating 6 months for delivery, meaning August. I'm going to ask for September for the same reason!

This is deja vu for me. I ordered mine on 16th Feb 2022 and was told by the dealer August where I stated I was happy to wait until September for the new reg. I eventually took delivery last month after being without a car for 5 months. However on a positive side there were others that received their cars ahead of predicted delivery dates.

Frustrating for me was that additional options were added to the lineup such as SATNAV which were not available at the time.  The Apple play works well but if you haven’t downloaded your maps you can easily be caught out when the 4G signal disappears.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Wait... so dealers are lying about the delay? I know 21/22 was slow, but I don't see what is gained by being deceptive about lead times.

Originally ordered last sept for the excel trim, was given a 4 months lead time by the dealer, which reading on this forum wasn't a reflection on the lead time. Another dealer ETA was August, 6 months - bit more realistic. This final dealer which the order was placed, 10 months ETA. 

If they giving u a 10 months ETA from the beginning u may not order. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I ordered a design at the start of December 2022, the dealer sent me an update last week saying ETA is June/July. Given what is being said above I that seems unrealistic now 🥲

• Like 3

On 2/19/2023 at 1:55 PM, Mojo1010 said:

Originally ordered last sept for the excel trim, was given a 4 months lead time by the dealer, which reading on this forum wasn't a reflection on the lead time. Another dealer ETA was August, 6 months - bit more realistic. This final dealer which the order was placed, 10 months ETA. 

If they giving u a 10 months ETA from the beginning u may not order. 

I can see why they think that, but wishful thinking won't change reality. Better to order now and get in the queue!

• Like 1

Hi All,

getting super frustrated with not seeing my progress on the app change from ‘processing’. Has anyone else had any movement? Can I live vicariously through you please? 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We have just been told May for our new Yaris, ordered Sep last year.

• Like 3

Well that's realistic about 9 months, not too long now for u. 

Picked up my order from Halfords for a trolley jack today, going to be rotating tyres back to front this week as front tyres are 4mm. Not spending on tyres when selling current car with new car arrival end of year. 

• Like 2

New Member, been lurking for a couple of weeks before joining. 

Currently split 60-40 UK/Spain. 

Ordered a Yaris Gr sport in Spain on 23 Jan. Been given a delivery guesstimate of August. 

• Like 6

My car has now been ordered, and they're now telling me December. 😂  Not that I mind (and with the current supply issues, I'm expecting even that to change).

• Like 3

It will be interesting to see if there is any difference between delivery times for a EU based Yaris over a Brexited Yaris. 

Spanish Yaris's have a lot less options. I could only have one of 4 colours, black, white, dark grey or red. The red is not the red UK buyers get, it's emotional red. 

There is the bi-tone option available, but that's it, I wanted the city pack, but there are no packs available in Spain. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

My car has now been ordered, and they're now telling me December. 😂  Not that I mind (and with the current supply issues, I'm expecting even that to change).

Yep, sounds familiar, get your order then move the goal posts.

I remember seeing a Facebook post by TOYOTA UK last September stating place your order now to secure delivery early 2023. At the time I had been waiting 7 months for mine with no confirmed delivery date. After a few complaints about misleading delivery dates the post was pulled.

• Like 3

It’s finally here. I was a little apprehensive because I’ve never driven an automatic before but it’s a pleasure to drive and very nippy.

AB90C8D5-997F-4D6D-B1DF-B1C936A6FE4C.jpeg

• Like 9

Congratulations @JayEssE looks superb in that colour and agree that it feels quicker than figures suggest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ISL said:

@JayEssE I guess you waited then for the new 23 reg 👍

I did. An extra couple of weeks didn’t seem too bad after such a long wait. 

• Like 3

On 3/1/2023 at 7:49 AM, Expat_Yaris said:

It will be interesting to see if there is any difference between delivery times for a EU based Yaris over a Brexited Yaris. 

Spanish Yaris's have a lot less options. I could only have one of 4 colours, black, white, dark grey or red. The red is not the red UK buyers get, it's emotional red. 

There is the bi-tone option available, but that's it, I wanted the city pack, but there are no packs available in Spain. 

Ack, and I thought Toyota GB's decisions were bad! :sad: 

I wonder if it's because they're worried it'd be too expensive with all the options?

7 hours ago, JayEssE said:

It’s finally here. I was a little apprehensive because I’ve never driven an automatic before but it’s a pleasure to drive and very nippy.

AB90C8D5-997F-4D6D-B1DF-B1C936A6FE4C.jpeg

Nice! :thumbsup: 

It was my first 'automatic' too, and I will confess to jarring my left foot on the dead pedal a few times as I went to push in a non-existent clutch pedal :laugh: 

I've put in a lot of miles in it now (It's such a joy to drive!) and have slowly weened myself off it. Experimented with left-foot braking just to give that leg something to do but, paradoxically, found it slower than just using my right foot and also less accurate for some reason, so left foot just gets to rest now. (TBH, well deserved after decades of clutching through stop-start traffic :laugh: )

For those waiting patiently, just remember - It'll be worth it! :naughty: Also when you do finally get it, it'll feel all the more better :biggrin: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

How do I see ALL trips on MyT ?
So far I only see the last trip although everything else seems to be showing OK.

4 hours ago, Graham47 said:

How do I see ALL trips on MyT ?
So far I only see the last trip although everything else seems to be showing OK.

Go on the app, at the bottom go to the three dots with three lines, then driving analytics, then All trips. You should see all the trips, you can then click on the trips to see the details of the trips.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links