Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

2 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

The fiesta is definitely the best handling small car. To be fair the hybrid engine is extra weight and cannot be expected to perform in the handling department like the fiesta. 

The design of the MK4 is really good. Hybrid tech and auto should cost more than fiesta in manual or save money on fuel. 

Not an easy decision. Fiesta are great cars, I would probably stick and wait for the initial order, it's 5k cheaper, 0% finance saves a lot and you still love it. 

Thanks for the honest answer.  If I really like the Yaris I'm sure I could sell on the new Fiesta for a profit.  I don't do many miles so the hybrid tech would definitely benefit me.  Although I have a 0% finance deal I actually now have the cash to pay for it in full, which would be another bonus 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 9:43 PM, Big_D said:

Our Yaris order is exactly the same. Nothing on MyT app or website

My order is exactly the same.

On 5/24/2022 at 11:08 PM, Jsizzy said:

Anyone who has ordered excel model with tech package around jan, can you get back to me as to what the progress has been on your order. My estimated delivery date is feb 23. Quite a long time to wait given I ordered in january of this year.

I ordered a yaris excel in jan 22 im still waiting for an update from my toyota dealer in warrington ! Expected delivery is estimated at order date on the 2nd of sept 22 ! Im ringing my dealer tomorrow ! Ill let you know what they say ! Any long delay and im cancelling my order!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex1001 said:

Any long delay and im cancelling my order!

So what are you going to order instead? Other manufacturers are in the same boat with delivery delays. Ford stated last week that they are accepting pre-configured orders only for the Fiesta and Focus with some versions having a 12 month delay, others are offering reduced standard equipment to get orders through, etc, etc.

A cancelled order will soon be snapped up by someone else .....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, not a good time to get a new car, from any manufacturer, unless you've got a lot of patience! That's a big part of the reason that's been pushing up the price of 2nd hand cars above new ones, as people don't want to wait.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2022 at 11:31 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

So what are you going to order instead? Other manufacturers are in the same boat with delivery delays. Ford stated last week that they are accepting pre-configured orders only for the Fiesta and Focus with some versions having a 12 month delay, others are offering reduced standard equipment to get orders through, etc, etc.

A cancelled order will soon be snapped up by someone else .....

Wise words!

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 10:13 PM, Tex1001 said:

I ordered a yaris excel in jan 22 im still waiting for an update from my toyota dealer in warrington ! Expected delivery is estimated at order date on the 2nd of sept 22 ! Im ringing my dealer tomorrow ! Ill let you know what they say ! Any long delay and im cancelling my order!

Did you get any update? Has yours gone into build yet? As frustrating as it is I’m just going to sit this one out, mine is estimated November which any longer is going to cost me a fortune. On the bright side while the sun is shining the 911 is out of the garage and getting plenty of use.

2 hours ago, ISL said:

Did you get any update? Has yours gone into build yet? As frustrating as it is I’m just going to sit this one out, mine is estimated November which any longer is going to cost me a fortune. On the bright side while the sun is shining the 911 is out of the garage and getting plenty of use.

Also, what dealer group did you order through i.e. Burrows/Stoneacre etc?

Same here said waiting list on a Yaris Design and could not give me approx times, new £22,335 in blue, had a 21 plate Design with 5600 miles on it for £18,900! but had been sold which am not surprised for that price! and had one more available in blue 21 plate 10,000 miles on her for £21,300 so went for that one.

• Like 2

And that price was with a extra £500 part ex on my 21 plate Clio after not much haggling, used car prices are crazy.

Edited by Eddie G
Added information
  • Like 1

I was driving near a Toyota dealer last week and had to drive to a warehouse near their accident repair centre. The centre had half a dozen or so '22' registration plate Yaris' as courtesy cars, one with plenty of damage to the passenger side to warrant a courtesy car for the courtesy car! The same dealer has a regular turnover of relatively new Yarisissesez.

My point being, if you are prepared to cancel your order for a similar one you ordered, albeit with a few thousand mile on it and a little saving, caveat emptor as they used to say in Rome. Who knows how, where and who had been driving it for that time and what that may produce in the future. Just saying 😉

• Like 2

My order had been brought forward from April 23 to February 23 but now we're back at april

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Jsizzy said:

My order had been brought forward from April 23 to February 23 but now we're back at april

I'm sorry to hear, has the dealer provided any explanation yet? The last estimation I had was November and have told my dealer I willing to take any specification on a cancelled order, however my understanding is that Toyota or dealers do not want to reallocate cancelled orders to those already in the queue because they know that they can sell them immediately a full list price.  My dealer told me however that they are not allowed to keep cancelled orders and they are sent back to Toyota???  At the moment I get a different story everytime I speak to my dealer and I'm just playing along in the hope that some miracle happens!!!

Jsissy,

15 months is a very long time to wait, however at least you will get the excel JBL tech pack which is what I wanted and should of order early in the year like u. It's on 0% finance for £22.5k from carwow then. Can't even order that now, don't know when it will come back. 

• Like 2

Ordered Icon model with Nav and Protection Pack Plus. Order submitted in May and original delivery date was the end of Dec. Has come forward to the 13th of October expected. A surprise it is running ahead of schedule 

• Like 3

Ordered a Yaris GR Sport Hybrid (Bi-Tone/City Pack) in May 2022 was originally told Feb 2023 then Jan 2022, another dealer said November 2022 so not sure what to think really and now my dealer won't answer questions about the service plan which I'm trying to purchase before the price goes up.

Is anyone else getting the GR sport here? 

4 minutes ago, Teddy92 said:

was originally told Feb 2023 then Jan 2022, another dealer said November 2022

Presume it is January 2023.

There are still a myriad of things affecting orders from most manufacturers - semiconductor shortages, Ukraine supply issues, Covid, etc.

• Like 1

So searching around and come across a cancelled order at Bromley full price. New Yaris . So they probably dont offer it back into Toyota HQ system to offer a potential client a quicker delivery. 

I am willing to wait 6-9 months and order via carwow £22,250. Saved £2170. 

Going to wait on an update from member here regarding their order of the Mazda Yaris with the HUD, see if sept delivery is actually the case. Plus to check if Toyota will bring back JBL and tech pack options!

• Like 1

Ordered a Yaris Excel with tech pack mid March, initial delivery was expected late Aug, pickup early Sept.

Spoke to my dealer this morning and he is now saying anything with tech pack is looking like another 12 months !!

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, Graham47 said:

Ordered a Yaris Excel with tech pack mid March, initial delivery was expected late Aug, pickup early Sept.

Spoke to my dealer this morning and he is now saying anything with tech pack is looking like another 12 months !!

Someone ordered in Jan and was told next year april. It's frustrating. 

I may look to order the Mazda Yaris if that has a shorter lead time. Awaiting on a member here to confirm their sept delivery. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Someone ordered in Jan and was told next year april. It's frustrating. 

I may look to order the Mazda Yaris if that has a shorter lead time. Awaiting on a member here to confirm their sept delivery. 

I spoke to the Mazda part of the same dealership. They said they could get any model for January.

Problem is the finance isn’t as attractive.

I’ve a feeling they could get an Excel without the tech pack for January (and certainly March) delivery so I need to do some thinking.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

I spoke to the Mazda part of the same dealership. They said they could get any model for January.

Problem is the finance isn’t as attractive.

I’ve a feeling they could get an Excel without the tech pack for January (and certainly March) delivery so I need to do some thinking.

That's about 5 months lead time, around similar lead time quoted to a member here who ordered. So I will await an update as I want the HUD. 

5.4% to Toyota 1.9% is a big difference I know. It's whether you are willing to wait or change the order to an excel only at Toyota (quicker delivery). The HUD is almost a must have, haven't experience it myself though seen YouTube videos of it in action. It's so good not having to take eyes away from the front window. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Graham47 said:

Yep that's the same boat I'm in 😞

@Graham47 Just some thoughts from me. I appreciate the finance on the face of it seems more expensive, Mazda are offering a £500 contribution at the moment which may make a difference. Ive just been on to the online configurators for Toyota and Mazda. I chose the Excel in black and the Mazda Select in black. Both at the top of the range so to speak.

Adding no extras, with a £500 contribution from Mazda theres a £5 a month difference in Toyotas favour. (42months/8k per annum/£4k deposit -add £500 to Mazda for the contribution). Perhaps your local dealership could match that?

However, you need to look closely at 2 things. Spec and warranty. Mazda only offer a 3 yr warranty, if you keep the car longer then you might want to factor in an extended warranty and that will cost. 

Specification is different. Main ones for me, Mazda has the 16 wheels which I've read offer the best of both worlds as the 17s may be a little harsh, Mazda has the black interior which I think comes from the Toy Dynamic, Mazda 8"screen v 9" for Toy and what seems attractive to some, Mazda has HUD. 

We love our music and may look to giving the car to an audio dealer and up speccing the Speakers and adding a small amp...maybe. JBL would be the only must have for me with Toyota, but for now, I'll see what the standard system delivers and go from there. 

Mazda doesnt have an app to follow the order; our salesman says we are still on track for a September 19th pick up. That is from a June 2022 order, if it happens, Mazda are doing something differently to Toyota, even though theyre coming from the same factory.

I'll let you know when we have any news.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Sue,

Of course, in addition, the Mazda omits a spare wheel.

Can’t say JBL was showstopper for me, it just came with a ‘nice to have’ HUD.

Still ‘deciding’….. one option is go without hud, wait an see how things develop then trade in earlier than I normally would if the chip shortage is no more.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links