Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

Going through carwow for the Mazda select get £1190 off, 690 more than via Mazda. 

The Yaris excel without the HUD is £1k cheaper than the Mazda select with a HUD - carwow. 

If anyone is near Jemca Toyota in Sidcup I have just had to cancel my order for an Excel in grey due to a son deciding at the last minute that he wants to go to university therefore meaning I can't pay for Uni and a new car. The car should be arriving Sept/Oct so might be worth giving them a call. To say i'm gutted doesn't cover it. 

1 hour ago, Cyclops1688 said:

If anyone is near Jemca Toyota in Sidcup I have just had to cancel my order for an Excel in grey due to a son deciding at the last minute that he wants to go to university therefore meaning I can't pay for Uni and a new car. The car should be arriving Sept/Oct so might be worth giving them a call. To say i'm gutted doesn't cover it. 

Have sent PM 👍

2 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Going through carwow for the Mazda select get £1190 off, 690 more than via Mazda. 

The Yaris excel without the HUD is £1k cheaper than the Mazda select with a HUD - carwow. 

£1190 is Leatherhead (172 miles from me).

Closest is 32 miles (£774)

Worth the day trip to save £400+? @Graham47 if you were choosing to order from Mazda. 

Ive accessed Carwow and what Ive had back so far are factory orders. Theres a few hundred to be saved though, or I have a chat with my dealer.

20 hours ago, Cyclops1688 said:

That's a shame for the car. Education is important so all the best to your son. 

I don't think the dealer will let it go for the discounted carwow price. 

@Graham47 may consider the option u had in mind regarding just order an excel if the HUD is like 15 months wait, then see if the situation changes in a few years time. I would like the MK4 by next march. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys,

Just Specced up A Yaris GR Sport with City Pack via the Toyota Website and the expected delivery time is stated at 12 weeks... Is this delivery date a pipe dream? or have Toyota changed the specs to make some models more readily available?

I see some of you guys are waiting well into 2023 for your cars.. not sure what to make of the quoted 12 week wait time?

@lewtrino it seems to be a lottery from what I can see. When we went into our Toyota dealership in June they had a couple of non orded GRs coming in. The rest is documented in my other posts 🙁

I have seen the GR hybrid on the road, nice looking car 👍

@LlynyfanI really regret not ordering a Dynamic early last year whilst the 0% finance deal was still available. I preferred the Dynamic's darker interior and Seats. I can't recall the exact price back then, but i'm sure it was around 2k cheaper than the GR Sport. 

Current options are to order a new Yaris or go for a used Mazda 3.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lewtrino said:

@LlynyfanI really regret not ordering a Dynamic early last year whilst the 0% finance deal was still available. I preferred the Dynamic's darker interior and Seats. I can't recall the exact price back then, but i'm sure it was around 2k cheaper than the GR Sport. 

Mazda 3 is a stunning looking car and quality top notch. Chalk and cheese compared to a Yaris but I can see where the temptation is as they are 'reasonably priced'. Weve gone for a Mazda Yaris (2hybrid) but seeing the 3 in the dealership, especially in soul red, it was mind provoking. We're downsizing from a CHR hence our choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Llynyfan said:

Mazda 3 is a stunning looking car and quality top notch. Chalk and cheese compared to a Yaris but I can see where the temptation is as they are 'reasonably priced'. Weve gone for a Mazda Yaris (2hybrid) but seeing the 3 in the dealership, especially in soul red, it was mind provoking. We're downsizing from a CHR hence our choice.

Iv'e currently got a 15 plate Mazda 2 which has been a great car. Long been drooling over the 3 whilst waiting for mine to be serviced 😂  Like you say, a completely different car and will cost more to run.

I'm still wanting the fuel economy of a smaller car, so the Hybrid Yaris, or maybe the Mazda Yaris as you have chosen would be good options, it's just the uncertainty of the delivery times that puts me off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lewtrino said:

Same here. Still would cost about £580 interest for a 24 months PCP in a Yaris excel £5400 deposit, when it was 42 months interest free before April. Would of save about £1k, low deposit and about £250 a month payment. Gone now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mojo1010 said:

Same here. Still would cost about £580 interest for a 24 months PCP in a Yaris excel £5400 deposit, when it was 42 months interest free before April. Would of save about £1k, low deposit and about £250 a month payment. Gone now. 

Suppose be a full stop after the word deposit. It didn't make sense above 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lewtrino said:

Hi Guys,

Just Specced up A Yaris GR Sport with City Pack via the Toyota Website and the expected delivery time is stated at 12 weeks... Is this delivery date a pipe dream? or have Toyota changed the specs to make some models more readily available?

I see some of you guys are waiting well into 2023 for your cars.. not sure what to make of the quoted 12 week wait time?

I have one on order , city pack and bitone paint and they told me it would be coming in January , I ordered it in June. Using Steven eagell. 

• Like 2

Currently estimating “65 weeks” for a GR Sport !!
(That’s with a bi-tone roof).

• Like 2

Dealer updated me on Friday, 4/3 order date and showing end of Sept for delivery of an Excel, no options, did managed to get 0% finance offer that was on at the time though.

• Like 4

On 8/21/2022 at 3:09 PM, lewtrino said:

Hi Guys,

I think this date is totally misleading.  When I ordered my car back in February the delivery then was 4 to 6 months and I'm still waiting after 27 weeks still with no confirmed delivery.  My estimated delivery is now November, around 40 weeks.

According to Toyota website I could order today and expect delivery from November 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Graham47 said:

Currently estimating “65 weeks” for a GR Sport !!
(That’s with a bi-tone roof).

Wow 65 Weeks! I should have added that the one that I configured was Solid White. Looks like adding special options or colours really adds to the wait. 

20 minutes ago, ISL said:

I think this date is totally misleading.  When I ordered my car back in February the delivery then was 4 to 6 months and I'm still waiting after 27 weeks still with no confirmed delivery.  My estimated delivery is now November, around 40 weeks.

According to Toyota website I could order today and expect delivery from November 😭

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that the 12 week estimate is looking a bit ambitious! 😂 

It does seem all delivery dates must be taken with much salt...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tjhetty said:

Dealer updated me on Friday, 4/3 order date and showing end of Sept for delivery of an Excel, no options, did managed to get 0% finance offer that was on at the time though.

If this comes good then it's about 7 months from Toyota. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 2:55 PM, tjhetty said:

I ordered mine 13th of march mines estimated 11th October not been built yet but hopefully it will be soon

• Like 1

Speaking to a chap who works at Toyota, no names mentioned who confirmed that only left hand drive Yaris models are being produced at Onnaing until October.  At the beginning of October production will start again for right-hand drive models.  Stating that the ETA of mine is around November, he said this makes sense.

Has anyone else received similar info?