Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

Interesting on the carwow website, my existing Yaris excel configuration has expired and it's not there in the menu to configure a new one. Same goes for the corolla and RAV4. Think it's new pricing for sept (increase) and gen 5 corolla order etc. 

Maybe tech pack make a comeback? 🙂

On 8/20/2022 at 3:19 PM, Cyclops1688 said:

If anyone is near Jemca Toyota in Sidcup I have just had to cancel my order for an Excel in grey due to a son deciding at the last minute that he wants to go to university therefore meaning I can't pay for Uni and a new car. The car should be arriving Sept/Oct so might be worth giving them a call. To say i'm gutted doesn't cover it. 

I enquired about this car, but unfortunately was sold straightaway.

I feel a little uncomfortable talking about my Mazda Yaris here (we have a ToyCHR so not an alien 😃), contacted by the dealer yesterday and all is on track for us to pick up in around 3 weeks. So far so good 🤞

• Like 1

Nah don't be! catlover sold all his Toyotas (And made bank on them I bet! :naughty:  ) and he still comes by :laugh: 

Anyway we all know the Mazda 2 hybrid is really a Yaris so it's an honorary Toyota :laugh: 

I'm interested to see what the differences are, or if it really is just a literal Badge swap!

• Haha 1

@Cyker we looked initally at the Aygo Xross but when we saw it in the flesh and specced it up we fell over to the Yaris. The salesman at Toyota didnt engage with us so we went to Mazda and ordered a Select version. Some members here have noted we wont have a few items that the Yaris has, but if Im honest, the Mazda has all we need, including HUD.

Not one for pictures but when we pick it up Ill probably post a few here.

• Like 2

Aside from it being lower (I do miss the higher seating position of the Mk1 and Mk2), the Yaris Mk4 is a much more preferable car than the Aygo to me (Then again it costs a lot more too!!), so I think you made the right choice. This is a Totally Unbiased Opinion :whistling1: :laugh: 

I don't think the Mazda is missing anything significant - Has a dark interior instead of a light one, which I would have preferred, and has 16" rims instead of 17" rims - again I'd prefer that. The fact that it has a HUD when the Toyota one has lost it is just a slam dunk to me.

I think it might be missing the spare wheel, but it has the space for one so can be purchased afterwards and slipped in.

Overall just seems like the better choice right now! The only major downside for me is the Mazda dealership is miles away which is a bit of a pain (Although if the customer service was better than my local Mr T then I'd put up with that!)

• Like 1

You are more than right when it comes to the Aygo cross, it's near enough Yaris money. The Yaris is a better car overall. 

It'll be interesting to see if they upgrade the 8" to a 9" info screen your Mazda select, as they have done in the Yaris design to excel spec. It's a very good car anyway. 

• Like 1

@Mojo1010 the screen size isnt an issue for us. Apple car play is a great addition, coupled with the car having QI wireless charging its fine as it is 🙂

• Like 2

I actually prefer the old display as it has more buttons and knobs! Although to be fair I've not played with the new one so it might not be as bad as I usually assume touchscreens to be...

My one is unusable while driving tho' - Trying to pick a specific song is almost impossible, but since I found I can use the left knob to scroll through the list and select, it's much easier that way!

I ordered  an exel in May and was originally told delivery September, had a call from dealer during  the week telling  me delivery now expected in November.

4 months delivery is very optimistic in the current climate. I'm expecting at least 6 months when ordering from Toyota. 

Have had the locations added to myT app today, I have had the email saying about my order being processed, so when would it likely go into build 

Screenshot_20220831_115923_app.mytoyota.toyota.com.mytoyota.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jodie Danielle said:

Have had the locations added to myT app today, I have had the email saying about my order being processed, so when would it likely go into build 

It’s edging up the process Jodie.   They probably know with some certainty exactly when it will go into production but the rest of the process in getting it here and your order tracker is much less certain.  By the time it tells you it’s gone into production, it will probably be stood outside waiting for the train.   Treat it as a guide.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, anchorman said:

It’s edging up the process Jodie.   They probably know with some certainty exactly when it will go into production but the rest of the process in getting it here and your order tracker is much less certain.  By the time it tells you it’s gone into production, it will probably be stood outside waiting for the train.   Treat it as a guide.

Thank you so much for that advise, I will be glad when it's here 

2 hours ago, Jodie Danielle said:

Thank you so much for that advise, I will be glad when it's here 

Me too.  I’ve had one ordered since May but I’m less concerned about it than people getting I’ll in the countries that make the supply chain.  They’ll turn up eventually.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, anchorman said:

Me too.  I’ve had one ordered since May but I’m less concerned about it than people getting I’ll in the countries that make the supply chain.  They’ll turn up eventually.  

I ordered mine in March so by time I get it, it will be 9 months but it will be worth the wait 

5 hours ago, Jodie Danielle said:

Sounds positive Jodie, hopefully in build soon. I quickly checked mine but nothing yet. 🤞

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ISL said:

Sounds positive Jodie, hopefully in build soon. I quickly checked mine but nothing yet. 🤞

Thank you have been waiting since 13th March so been a very long wait, but will be worth it and I hope yours shows the locations soon 

6 hours ago, Jodie Danielle said:

Received exactly the same tonight. Ordered in March and happy that something seems to be happening!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Newbie47 said:

Received exactly the same tonight. Ordered in March and happy that something seems to be happening!

Same here I will be happy when I get the email to say its being built 

• Like 3

Woodford Green knocked off approx £240 for sept (from last month's price), for 30 days only, tempted. 

Cost about £600 finance interest over 2 years with the figures below. It's still quite a bit cheaper overall compared to the Mazda Yaris select, though that gets the HUD!

Toyota gets these over the Mazda Yaris:

Acoustic glass

Spare wheel

17" wheels - want the extra width of the tyres over the 16". I know the 16" has more comfort with the profile. 

9" media screen. 

Could get this and in a few years time trade it in for the model with HUD and JBL when the situation improves. Got a month to think about it. 🤔 

Question, is the excel interior trim grey and not black like the design or Mazda select? (Seats)

Screenshot_2022-09-01-08-39-44-582_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.a43711ccf04d26c8ff6b39bcb61ac03a.jpgScreenshot_2022-09-01-08-40-19-171_com.android.chrome.jpg

I ordered my Excel at the end of March 22 and was told not to expect delivery until mid October which was ok but not the best. There is a torrent of information about chip supply chain issues some of innacurate specifically the problem is the rare materials needed for the chips rather than a actual manufacturing capability. Aside from all the tragic and sad Geo-politics which we are all drowning in I have repeatedly asked Toyota to be absolutely clear about delivery and to ensure that customers are kept fully appraised - which hasn't happened for me. Aside for an uninformed move to a November delivery I am getting vague hints that it could be next April or later but nothing in writing. What is odd, when you go to Toyota UK website there is a specific page which states "What's available now" which implies there is no wait. I don't know what to think now, could it be that the vast Toyota industry is in such a quandary and completely incapable of giving dates who knows? Worryingly, it has been informed that my order is not even being considered for assembly due to specific model requirements which for me is a standard Excel with no extras, again confusing. I don't know all the ins and outs of the sales of goods regulations here but it would seem a little odd for any company to take orders when there is a remote chance of fulfilment especially when you give a non-returnable deposit. 

• Like 2