Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

51 minutes ago, taffy4me2 said:

I understand there are supply issues, but it seems Toyota are affected far more than other manufacturers?

Toyota have been less affected by the semi conductor shortages unlike most other manufacturers. They made some production reductions in September (40%) and additionally in November. However they are looking to recover somewhat in December - Production Plans in December 2021, as of November 12 | Corporate | Global Newsroom | Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

Plus also with the Yaris, they have started production for the European market in the Czech Republic in addition to the plant in France.

So unless you've placed an unusual order as regards factory options, I would ask your dealer to re-check.

Yeah, I think they're looking at the wrong Yaris queue :laugh: 

The waiting list for the GR is into the 23's, but I'd be very surprised if the normal one was!!

On 11/20/2021 at 11:03 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota have been less affected by the semi conductor shortages unlike most other manufacturers. They made some production reductions in September (40%) and additionally in November. However they are looking to recover somewhat in December - Production Plans in December 2021, as of November 12 | Corporate | Global Newsroom | Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

Plus also with the Yaris, they have started production for the European market in the Czech Republic in addition to the plant in France.

So unless you've placed an unusual order as regards factory options, I would ask your dealer to re-check.

I meant September 2022 delivery (reduced from October initially)… stupid typo, sorry!

There aren’t many options and nothing unusual - this is for an Excel in pure white with panoramic roof and Tech pack.

We also ordered a BMW iX3 just before the Yaris, and that was just 3 months lead time despite being completely new and probably requiring a lot more semiconductors?! Hence my question as to whether Toyota were being adversely affected somehow.

We ordered an Excel on the 12th of September and haven't heard anything from the dealer yet. I hope the extra mud flaps ordered aren't holding up our delivery date.🤔

• Like 1

July order, finally an arrival date of the 17th of December. Hopefully sooner but I won't hold my breath.

Phoned our dealership yesterday for an update on our Yaris Excel and according to them we are still on course for an end of December delivery but we should take that with a pinch of salt. Judging from other's experiences we read here more like the full cellar!

Fortunately we are in no rush to take delivery and if I'm honest hope it comes with the next number plate now.

Not a huge help to anyone however I was lucky enough to pickup one with the colour I wanted within a few weeks. Guessing it was an order that fell through as it was built only a couple of weeks before delivery.

Had to phone around lots of dealers to find one, Most said no stock and needed a factory order for March/April delivery. A couple of dealers had some coming in stock early/Mid December.

These were all Design trims by the way, Don't think any had higher spec ones.

Ordered my Yaris Cross Excel at the end of August and took delivery of it today, happy me.

• Like 3

On 11/5/2021 at 2:54 PM, JMCterrano2 said:

I ordered mine in a dealership and i could see it in MyT app the following day with the welcome email from Toyota.

Br

J

Ordered from a dealer

Didn’t get any email

cant see it on MyT either

11 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

Ordered from a dealer

Didn’t get any email

cant see it on MyT either

And you won't get an e-mail until your car is scheduled for production, which was disconcerting for me. I thought my order had not been recorded correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Anyone receive any update regarding their delivery date? the new factory is working now, was expecting to hear something being updated and their delivery dates being pushed sooner now

I've ordered my Excel in 31th August and until now MyToyota is still in processing order, and last month my dealer said the delivery date moved from December to March 

Br

J

41 minutes ago, JMCterrano2 said:

Hi all,

Anyone receive any update regarding their delivery date? the new factory is working now, was expecting to hear something being updated and their delivery dates being pushed sooner now

I've ordered my Excel in 31th August and until now MyToyota is still in processing order, and last month my dealer said the delivery date moved from December to March 

Br

J

From what I have read and seen that sounds more than plausible. I'm happy to wait for the new number plate now.

1 hour ago, JMCterrano2 said:

Hi all,

I ordered a Design spec, the same day as you, but LHD. My original delivery was December, then January, and now back to December. The car has been built, in CZ, and is in France awaiting transport to the dealer, although My T / My Toyota shows it in transit. My dealer, yesterday, expected shipping to be imminent. The French Design spec is pretty close to the UK spec, and is considered to be the "heart of the range", i.e., where most of the sales will be.

Ordered a Yaris cross dynamic on 20th October..... Just had notification on my t app it's built and en route to ferry terminal in Belgium 👍

some deliveries seem to be taken place,

Anyone that had is delivery pushed to March 2022 had notification that is been pushed to be sooner now ?

Looks like My Toyota just updated for me. its now showing locations for each status, but hasn't moved off processing order yet.

the JSON details are updated as well from the inspect element trick. I now have an estimated delivery date, leaving factory date and a date it should be in country. 

Factory: second week Jan

in country: third week Jan

at dealer: first week Feb

(its weird because the wording of the statuses make it look like each stage has already happened, anyone also seen that?)

I ordered the excel spec at the end of August. It was originally supposed to be delivered end of November, then end of December (from what the dealer said)

@Ebem It has all the statuses laid out with some estimated dates and you'll have "pending","current" & "visited" for the various stages, so if you are waiting for the car to be built it will show order processed as "current", but then it will move to "visited" when the car is being built, IIRC

@Stopeter44that's great thanks. its sitting in 'current' for processedOrder. Glad its finally showing up. Got an email as well not long ago. I have no car as well as I handed it in for scrap (worth more as scrap than to repair) 😅 so ive been making do hoping its not going to be further delayed

On 12/22/2021 at 7:17 PM, Ebem said:

so ive been making do hoping its not going to be further delayed

It took 16 weeks +/- from my order, to delivery. In fact the car is delivered but My Toyota is still showing in transit, but it will show delivered tomorrow according to dealer.

[edit] My Yaris was delivered 23/12/2021. [edit]

Edited by Stopeter44
updated delivery date

• 2 weeks later...

We bought a Yaris Excel (Scarlet Flare, Tech pack, and Panoramic roof) and have been quoted a delivery date of September 2022 by the Dealer.

14 hours ago, Big_D said:

We bought a Yaris Excel (Scarlet Flare, Tech pack, and Panoramic roof) and have been quoted a delivery date of September 2022 by the Dealer.

Are you downsizing ?

No, not downsizing. I have a C-HR (which I absolutely love) and the good lady of the house was so impressed with the C-HR that she has decided she wanted a Toyota Hybrid as well. She's decided the Yaris is for her and is upgrading from a Smart ForTwo convertible. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Big_D said:

She's decided the Yaris is for her and is upgrading from a Smart ForTwo convertible

Sounds like a, hrmph, excuse me Smart move. Is it a Renault built Smart or prior to that ?

The absolute worst car I ever drove was a Smart forfour (c. 2007). Yuck! 

I always considered the two seat Smart a wrongheaded good solution, but that’s from the perspective of someone who, until 2008, lived in the big city and didn’t own a car.

• Haha 2

The ForTwo is a great little car and has an amazing turning circle. Unfortunately we need something a bit bigger than a 2 seater. The idea of a hybrid has impressed my wife, hence the Yaris.

Well it's a good choice; The Mk4 is a damned good car. There are things I miss from my previous Yaris, mainly the tilt sunroof and sliding rear seats, but it adds so much more to make up for it, and it's just such a joy to drive! And even when you CBA to drive, it can almost do it for you! :laugh: 

Coming from the Smartcar it'll feel like a rocket ship! :laugh: 

Be interesting to see how the fuel bill compares to the Smartcar!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links