Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

Hi, I ordered an Excel Yaris with Tech pack about 3 weeks and have been told it’ll be September for delivery. I have download the MyT app and it still says processing order. 
What is everyone else’s experiences of delivery times and updates? 

6-8 weeks is about right, only thing that put me off the new Excel is the light grey(?) Interior

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

6-8 weeks is about right, only thing that put me off the new Excel is the light grey(?) Interior

Snap!! I really wanted a Black Excel but with a light grey dirt magnet interior? No thanks!

4 hours ago, Cjohnston1982 said:

Hi, I ordered an Excel Yaris with Tech pack about 3 weeks and have been told it’ll be September for delivery. I have download the MyT app and it still says processing order. 
What is everyone else’s experiences of delivery times and updates? 

That just about matches my experience last year (ordered beginning of Aug, arrived at the showroom beginning of Oct) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPN said:

Snap!! I really wanted a Black Excel but with a light grey dirt magnet interior? No thanks!

Agree, i wanted an Excel but the interior put me off, went for the launch edition in  the end without some of the toys 😞

23 minutes ago, ic2 said:

Agree, i wanted an Excel but the interior put me off, went for the launch edition in  the end without some of the toys 😞

Indeed. For me, the uprated suspension just about compensates for the lack of those (only just though).

I have ordered the New Yaris Cross about three weeks ago and they still cant give me a delivery date...

10 minutes ago, CeleJeffowners said:

I have ordered the New Yaris Cross about three weeks ago and they still cant give me a delivery date...

According to Toyota UK Mag, Yaris Cross customer deliveries will commence September.

Thanks for the comments so far. I actually like the light grey interior because it’s a little different so it was fortunate it features on the range topping model.

The car is still waiting to be built so I’ll let you know when this happens.

Mine took about 6 weeks IIRC. The MyT progress indicator seemed to be of dubious accuracy.

I wasn't too keen on the light interior of the Excel but it's grown on me a bit. The fake leather does mark easily tho - There are black marks on the arm rest from when I throw my bag into the passenger seat and it rubs it.

Luckily the pencil eraser trick works on getting rid of them, but it is annoying.

Still glad I went for the HUD and sensors tho - I literally can't see the dash unless the steering wheel is centred, and the rear visibility really is awful!! No wonder they put in a reversing camera as standard! This is the first car I can't fast-reverse down a row of parked cars - The reversing camera is no substitute for looking behind. The lack of depth perception really makes judgement a lot harder!

I'm starting to understand why lots of people don't like these screens that replace wing mirrors on some new cars...

• Like 2

Perhaps not being able to "fast reverse" down a row of parked cars is a good thing! 😄

I quite like the reversing camera on my new Excel, much better than on my previous Yaris model. The car is surrounded by sensors so you are not going to hit anything as long as you don't ignore the beeps. Like everything you learn to adapt and trust the technology. I found it unnatural at first, especially as I used to ride a motorbike where you always had to be very aware of what was going on behind.  I would not wish to be without wing mirrors though, that might be my line in the sand!

• Like 2

I particularly like the blind spot monitor. I didn’t trust it at first but it works faultlessly in all conditions. The RTA is excellent too 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cjohnston1982 said:

I particularly like the blind spot monitor. I didn’t trust it at first but it works faultlessly in all conditions. The RTA is excellent too 

Indeed, that is excellent.

I'm expecting my Yaris Dynamic with City Pack in Mid September. Only 2 months in the missus' Honda Jazz...🤢

6 hours ago, Campblor said:

I'm expecting my Yaris Dynamic with City Pack in Mid September. Only 2 months in the missus' Honda Jazz...🤢

Awesome. When did you order it? 

6 hours ago, Campblor said:

Has the Jazz had its cat ripped out of yet ?

Funnily enough I was considering a new Jazz hybrid - Partly to get away from the horrible Toyota dealer network here, but also the interior storage is much better and it has a much more versatile rear seat setup that I wish Toyota had kept in the Yaris. The forward visibility is better and it was also bit cheaper, but the car just crosses into being too long, doesn't have a HUD option and it also wasn't anywhere near as nice to drive.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cjohnston1982 said:

Awesome. When did you order it? 

5 Days ago 🙂 Annoying the current offers are only on those cars sold and registered, but I managed to get a Dashcam thrown in 😄 

19 hours ago, flash22 said:

Has the Jazz had its cat ripped out of yet ?

It's an 07 plate, maybe less desirable? Taking care where I park it though.

Sadly, a friend had their 04 jazz done in a supermarket car park last year

I have a launch edition on order and they said it would arrive on the 30th Of August, my app also still says order processing. Dynamic they said would not be able to get one until October, Design and icons they can get quickly, and i think some dealers have stock. Excel i have no idea. (Steven eagle northampton) 

I remember using the toyota website and when you would look at a model in the final payment screen it would show estimated delivery time, but cant seem to see it anymore.

On 7/13/2021 at 8:01 PM, Cjohnston1982 said:

The car is still waiting to be built so I’ll let you know when this happens.

Okay some updates as promised. The app said ‘build in progress’ on the 24th July and three days later on the 27th it went straight to ‘in transit’ and apparently it’s in Belgium waiting for the ferry to the UK. Seems very quick to me going from build to transit though I certainly don’t mind 😀

6-12 hours is about right from start to finish (assembly) of a car, a few selected cars may get a run on the test track

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Toyota+Motor+Manufacturing+France/@50.3640285,3.61404,958m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x47c2f19cdabc7deb:0x87675fd8acb703bc!8m2!3d50.3675633!4d3.6150056

they are around 90-100 miles from the port in Zeebrugge transported by road

On 7/27/2021 at 11:58 PM, Cjohnston1982 said:

Okay some updates as promised. The app said ‘build in progress’ on the 24th July and three days later on the 27th it went straight to ‘in transit’ and apparently it’s in Belgium waiting for the ferry to the UK. Seems very quick to me going from build to transit though I certainly don’t mind 😀

Yeah mine left the factory on the 22nd and is now sitting in Grimsby UK. 

Friends GR Yaris still processing order not expected until the mid to late 2022. though 

• Like 1

Mine has now arrive in Grimsby, UK. It seems to take a week then from factory to Grimsby