Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Auris Hybrid 2017 battery cooling parts

M. Iqbal

Hi, My Toyota Auris 2017 Hybrid displayed message that maintenance required for hybrid Battery cooling parts at your dealer message. I have cleaned the grill in front of Battery cooling fan and fan too. But message is always on the screen. What is advised in this case. Please help. Thanks 

behind the grill for the Battery air intake i think there is a filter on the later modelst thatcan become clogged

remove the rear seat cushion then remove the filter trim the filter should be visible,

if you put your hand under the seat cushion you will find the securing lug on each side

once found place a hand either side of the lug and pull upwards to release the seat base.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I have done this already. Couldn't mention this before. Sorry for that. But message is always there. 

Clear it with a code reader/scan tool or disconnect the 12v Battery for 15 mins

have you checked that the fan is working

• 2 weeks later...

well today we had the dreaded hybrid Battery cooling warning on the dashboard tellingus to visit toyota,

so i took my own advice and checked the intake filter and yes it was blocked

it was like removing the lint fron a tumble dryer filter,

why couldn't toyota have made the filter removable from the outside instead of having to remove the rear seat and front panelling

anyway its done now the only other bit of advice from today is that it takes a while for the batteries to cool down so dont expect the hybrid cooling message to disappear straight away leave it 30 minutes then try the car again.

after the message had dissapeared i took the car for a test drive and then picked up an instant pucture, not having a good day today.

puncture.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 7/13/2021 at 6:55 PM, 1.8 hybrid said:

behind the grill for the battery air intake i think there is a filter on the later modelst thatcan become clogged

remove the rear seat cushion then remove the filter trim the filter should be visible,

if you put your hand under the seat cushion you will find the securing lug on each side

once found place a hand either side of the lug and pull upwards to release the seat base.

I have failed at the first hurdle. How do you remove the back seat? I can also see the three little black plastic lugs but they just seem to turn and turn. I don't want to break them - do they turn or do you just pull them out. If it were a screw or a bolt it would be easier! Not a fan of plastic...

I think you just need to yank it after you deal with the seat belts. 

I never need to remove the seat because I can just blow the lints with compressor or Giottos air blower. 

You need to lift the seat 300-400 mm in from the edge each side and yank upwards hard - you can't properly clean it without taking the trim off as it ends up as a mat of fluff and blowing it with air just blows it into the fan

Polish (i think) but just watch the video

you have to yank quite hard, it feels like you are going to damage it!

Yes, blowing the lint won't remove it completely but will prevent the build up that can cause overheating. 

You also can buy £12 clipon screen for the Auris HSD 2013-2018 from Toyota dealership or online dealership.