Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Icon owners help please!

louimbro

I have an icon with tech pack (21 plate) that I collected a month ago. Since I have had it, the My T app has not worked. It is not showing the car location, fuel percentage or hybrid coaching. I have contacted the dealer and Toyota directly. I have now just had an email from Customer Support, as follows:

It is due to the fact that the Icon level C-HR does not support the full range of Connected Car functions. 

I hope this will not impact on your enjoyment of the car and that you will be able to continue using the available functions. 

I do not think this is correct as before I ordered my car, I looked at my neighbours across the road. He has a 2021 icon without any extras and he showed me the app which appeared to be working, certainly he showed me his last journey and how his driving was rated. 

Please would anyone else with an icon advise if they have the full app features? 

MY21 is a specification change point, the trims levels remained as before but the telematics unit was added. it is possible that the car is slightly earlier build without Telematics unit.

PM your chassis number and I can check

10 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

MY21 is a specification change point, the trims levels remained as before but the telematics unit was added. it is possible that the car is slightly earlier build without Telematics unit.

PM your chassis number and I can check

Thank you, have done so. 

Yea sorry, checking your Chassis number you have an earlier build without the telematics/SOS button this car cannot report back to to the MyT app 

4 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Yea sorry, checking your Chassis number you have an earlier build without the telematics/SOS button this car cannot report back to to the MyT app 

Oh! That's not good. I have been sold a brand new car without all the brand new features! Is it possible to have the telematics updated to the current version? Obviously, I will be getting in touch with the dealer but need to ascertain my options. 

2 minutes ago, louimbro said:

Oh! That's not good. I have been sold a brand new car without all the brand new features! Is it possible to have the telematics updated to the current version? Obviously, I will be getting in touch with the dealer but need to ascertain my options. 

Not uncommon as both models are available, it could literally as simple as ordering a white one and they had earlier stock still, you will get this until all the old white ones are gone then the new white stock will be released whereas a blue one was already sold out of old stock so the new stock is already being used.

Did you discuss the telematics or request they are included with the dealer as if you did the you should expect to get it otherwise its going to be more difficult to overcome as there will be disclaimers saying specification is subject to change without notice etc etc, unfortunately it cannot be retro fitted to an earlier car.

I don't see how Joe Public would know to request a model with telematics, it's an advertised feature that should be available. The dealer should have advised me it didn't have all the current technology. In my opinion, I have been sold an item that is not as described. I wouldn't have bought it if I'd known. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links