Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cairns security alarm

Toyotamac

Hi, recently bought 3 yr. old Auris hybrid tech. The alarm is going off for no apparent reason. I've check the obvious environmental reason., Ie. All doors & windows shut, no flying insects in the car. It seems to happen mid evening but is not in the sun so light level is not changing rapidly. It's parked on the drive so noone knocking into it.

I've posters support request on this site but no response. Who. Monitors this section.

Any clues from other users?

1 hour ago, Toyotamac said:

Hi, recently bought 3 yr. old Auris hybrid tech. The alarm is going off for no apparent reason. I've check the obvious environmental reason., Ie. All doors & windows shut, no flying insects in the car. It seems to happen mid evening but is not in the sun so light level is not changing rapidly. It's parked on the drive so noone knocking into it.

I've posters support request on this site but no response. Who. Monitors this section.

Any clues from other users?

I can't help i'm afraid but my 3 year old auris did exactly this last week, one time only fortunately, but for a while i was waiting on happening again, odd.

Whether any topic receives responses is dependent on if members have experience or knowledge of the issue being raised, and actually noticing the topic. Moderators monitor the club, mainly for issues as regards divergence from club rules, etc, but unfortunately they cannot conjure up responses to topics.

Sorry, I was misled by the title "support" - I'll lower my expectations going forward

My 3 years Auris hybrid had a similar problem last year, as it happened just after recall for the reprogram of the ECU, I thought the fault alarm might be related to the ECU software upgrade, but when I had my car checked at the local Toyota dealer, and they couldn't find anything wrong with system, and said it could be the fault sensor, to test it, they disabled something (I forgot what it was exactly, just remembered the internal light was disabled as well), they told me to leave it for a week, if the issue was still there, it suggested a fault sensor. As the problem hadn't gone during the one week test, the dealer replaced the sensor for me and so far the alarm seems ok. 

10 minutes ago, Davidhee58 said:

My 3 years Auris hybrid had a similar problem last year, as it happened just after recall for the reprogram of the ECU, I thought the fault alarm might be related to the ECU software upgrade, but when I had my car checked at the local Toyota dealer, and they couldn't find anything wrong with system, and said it could be the fault sensor, to test it, they disabled something (I forgot what it was exactly, just remembered the internal light was disabled as well), they told me to leave it for a week, if the issue was still there, it suggested a fault sensor. As the problem hadn't gone during the one week test, the dealer replaced the sensor for me and so far the alarm seems ok. 

PS, as i remember, the dealer disconnected the sensor, then the fault alarm disappeared, and they replaced the sensor for me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links