Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing light not working?

Trewithy

My neighbour tells me that I have only one reversing light working, the one on the drivers side is not illuminating.  I have had cars in the long and distant past with only one reversing light but is this normal on the Corolla?

1 minute ago, Trewithy said:

My neighbour tells me that I have only one reversing light working, the one on the drivers side is not illuminating.  I have had cars in the long and distant past with only one reversing light but is this normal on the Corolla?

I think that you only have one Kevin, from manufacture.

Anything in the Handbook?

They only need 1 and more than likely only has 1 wired (usually on the passenger side) it's all down to cost saving,

If only one reversing light, it will be ok on the near side. The driver side may well be a red fog lamp. If only one fog light fitted (which is legally ok) then it has to be on the offside.

The old Corolla only had one fog light, but it was a popular thing to wire the other side up as the cluster had the bulb holder there.

You could put in a bulb and cable it you want,  if the other side also has a bulb holder, the more light the better ?!

However, it could invalidate your warranty if you do so  and not sure  if your new model has these resistor/Can-bus type bulbs ??

• Like 1