Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hybrid Yaris Cruise Control malfunction

ISP

New Yaris Excel, driving today on 150 mile journey mainly motorway, once off motorway had a message said cruise control malfunction notify dealer. Has anyone had this message?  Car was parked up 3 hrs later re started journey back all worked OK. Any ideas?

No photos to highlight this.

I've not, and I've been abusing the heck out of the cruise control :laugh:

Would be a good idea to fire off an e-mail to your salesperson so it's on record at least. We've a few people here with niggles, esp. in 2020-manufactured ones!

Might be worth asking them if there's a firmware update that might fix it?

I was going to do that notify the dealer. Recently had the recall done WWG20.

• Like 1

Haven't had this issue thankfully, let us know what happens please.

• Like 1

Couldn't tell you the issue without pulling the data/code(s) ah the joys of the first year of a new platform, i guess

• Like 1

All booked in for next week to be checked over. Keep you updated on the finding. Otherwise really enjoying the car. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, flash22 said:

Couldn't tell you the issue without pulling the data/code(s) ah the joys of the first year of a new platform, i guess

Yeah, that's why I normally have a rule on such things, but I've literally broken all the rules I have about buying a car! (Don't buy a car from new, don't buy a car that's just been released, don't buy a car directly from the dealer instead of a broker etc.) :laugh: 

But to quote a wise man, needs must when the devil vomits into your kettle! :laugh:

6 hours ago, ISP said:

All booked in for next week to be checked over. Keep you updated on the finding. Otherwise really enjoying the car. 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! And yeah, it is a damned good car - First Toyota that's really made my journeys enjoyable again since my old Mk1 D4D!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, that's why I normally have a rule on such things, but I've literally broken all the rules I have about buying a car! (Don't buy a car from new, don't buy a car that's just been released, don't buy a car directly from the dealer instead of a broker etc.) :laugh: 

But to quote a wise man, needs must when the devil vomits into your kettle! :laugh:

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! And yeah, it is a damned good car - First Toyota that's really made my journeys enjoyable again since my old Mk1 D4D!

Indeed! I saw the Carwow video (ironicallty when the car did a Hybrid system malfunction) and got curious and went for a test drive. It was a lovely drive and knew i wanted one, even though i know there might be the typical first year issues.

• Like 1

I suppose you're talking of a MK4 Yaris. 

Have you checked that radar area is clean?   Maybe some dirt can cause a radar problem and as consequence this alarm on display. 

Yes the Mk4 Yaris. The radar area was clean no issues there. Car booked in for Friday once I have the results from the dealers I will feed these back on here.

Hi Just  quick update, had car checked over today, Toyota could not find any data to show there was an issue. Car all OK. Does seem very strange to have a malfunction message come up on screen, which has not been saved. Will keep a close eye  on it. All seems to be working OK now though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1