Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking for help with 2011 Yaris/Vitz radio not working saying 'insert correct sd card' ? Thanks

Rcahill

Hello,

I just purchased a 2011 Toyota yaris/Vitz. The radio/screen in it is reading 'please insert correct sd card' there is no sd card in it. I tried putting one in but nothing worked. I don't know which files or a particular sd I need maybe? The writing on the buttons is Japanese so I don't know what they are for. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Moved to the Yaris club.

Is it a Jap import ? If so, what Vitz is it ? gen 2 or gen 3 ?

The SD card is for the sat nav if it's a JDM car the radio will not work correctly and the sat nav will be Japanese only

edit. It's more than likely a 86100-52190 (26054 on the bottom left of the display surround)

To find out what the buttons do use the Google Translate app on your phone

On 7/16/2021 at 2:25 PM, flash22 said:

Is it a Jap import ? If so, what Vitz is it ? gen 2 or gen 3 ?

The SD card is for the sat nav if it's a JDM car the radio will not work correctly and the sat nav will be Japanese only

edit. It's more than likely a 86100-52190 (26054 on the bottom left of the display surround)

To find out what the buttons do use the Google Translate app on your phone

Hi, 

Thanks for replying. Yes its a Jap import. It's 2011. I'm not sure about gen 2 or 3 sorry.

The numbers on the bottom left of the unit are: 76047

The numbers/letters on the bottom right are: NSCN W60

The actual screen of the unit has numbers on the bottom right also along with Japanese writing: 606226

The car did not come with any SD card. I tried googling files and uploading to my own sd but this did not work.

I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do that would get the unit working? I would be happy even if I could plug my phone in with an aux to play music if there is no actual radio? I'm a bit clueless sorry! 

Thanks! 

Can you PM me the vin/frame number, it's unusual to get a yaris Jap import unless its an RS or RS sport G

Found the radio  white surround with silver buttons, sd card slots in at the bottom of the screen

Edit. Is your Car actually a Toyota Ractis ?

Edit2. it needs the map card to boot it may also be password protected, But its still going to be in Japanese

The Jap manual

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j36vcy6uqt8wl2c/nscn-w60.pdf?dl=0

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links