Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't decide on colour.. not like me!

Rav Rob

Well its a credit to the RAV4 that I am close to ordering my second one, that is rare for me. My current one 2 year lease up in September so need to order soon.

My current one is Cyan and I do love the colour, it looks stunning when polished, get lots of great comments and is easy to find in the car park. But for todays roads it feels like it lacks 'attitude' maybe imagined but I do feel people push in more and expect me to give way more than I am used to, its such a jolly colour I do think some perceive me as a bit of a wuss so the best candidate to cut up.

I don't like Grey, silver or the dark Blue, Red nice but not for me, nope. White, been there when it was high fashion, bit yesterday now IMHO.

Its either Black in which the RAV look pretty mean, I usually avoid Black on SUV's as they can look less SUV as the cladding bits are less obvious but the RAV is a big beast so still looks like an SUV, downers are Black gets cooked in the sun and are perpetually dirty.

Or Urban Khaki, I quite liked it in pictures, its a bit different and featured a lot in Toyota publicity photos for a reason, would go well with the Beige interior. And its free!!  Only downer is I saw one in the metal the other day, its looked a lot lighter than the photos online and seemed a bit weak..hmm

I've seen both the black and the khaki in the flesh as it were, on the RAV4.  The black looks good but the khaki really is a bit meh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yugguy1970 said:

I've seen both the black and the khaki in the flesh as it were, on the RAV4.  The black looks good but the khaki really is a bit meh.

It photos well on dusky shots which is why I guess they use it in publicity, and had pretty much decided, but seeing one in the metal (very briefly!), its so light, hardly any colour really...is that what you found?

Seen khaki a few times and unless it is a sunny day and car is clean, it is like you said 'hardly any colour'. I also did not want dark colour or silver, so have solid white and it is actually ok, even when not cleaned for a while. Will be looking for another car soon as well and decided to go for solid white again.

Yes, I see the khaki one every day on the school run and for me it's too insipid.  It's an interesting choice for a default colour.

We do like dark blue, the obsidian, and could see it on an actual RAV on the forecourt so we've gone for that.

The rav4 colour options aren't great, the only "colours" are Cyan or Tokyo Red (pearl) the rest are grey, white, silvers and the dark blue

Great opinions here. Other choice is 2wd or 4wd, a lot of people are happy with 2wd version, I have the 4wd and my instinct is to go for another but with UK weather now its probably an unnecessary extra expense, its just for my job I have to go out all over whatever the conditions as its critical need so having it has been useful on previous cars, its to late when its a blizzard and you didn't choose it.

Why another RAV4?  I am doing a lot of miles and its such a good cruiser, drivers aids on - just settle back and relax in the peaceful ride. Also company is going onto AFR business mileage payments and the amazing MPG of the RAV will actually see me make a nice monthly profit on petrol money I get!   Its a no brainer.

I never imagined I'd get an SUV, I always thought they drove and handled badly.  I wanted a Corolla Touring originally but the ladies didn't like the back of it.  But we all absolutely loved the RAV4.

I pondered 4wd and it would have been nice but really, it was 2k more I just didn't need to spend.  My work commute is easy, and I'll WFH probably 90% of the time anyway.

I've put a lot more thought into what I do and don't need this time.  The Icon comes with so much already I realised all I wanted above that was front parking sensors so I went for the Design.

2 hours ago, Rav Rob said:

Great opinions here. Other choice is 2wd or 4wd, a lot of people are happy with 2wd version, I have the 4wd and my instinct is to go for another but with UK weather now its probably an unnecessary extra expense, its just for my job I have to go out all over whatever the conditions as its critical need so having it has been useful on previous cars, its to late when its a blizzard and you didn't choose it.

Why another RAV4?  I am doing a lot of miles and its such a good cruiser, drivers aids on - just settle back and relax in the peaceful ride. Also company is going onto AFR business mileage payments and the amazing MPG of the RAV will actually see me make a nice monthly profit on petrol money I get!   Its a no brainer.

I think that you've already decided that you 'need' AWD, but if FWD would do, the C-HR might be well worth a look - the same hybrid technology, the same performance (from the 2.0), same toys (more or less), same comfortable and relaxing ride - it's probably quieter than the RAV - and you really ought to be able to get 60 mpg which won't hurt the AFR thing at all.

The wife has just bought herself a C-HR in pearlescent white and it looks stunning ... I am not jealous, I am not jealous, I am not jealous ... 😉

The 4.5 styling is a bit 'marmite' - it's a US soccer mum's station wagon, but styled to look like an all American truck. If you like the styling a 'white' will accentuate it; if you prefer something more conservative cover it in Decuma Grey and the styling will disappear into the background. I got a red one because that was available and one my list of 'acceptable' colours - and I'm really pleased with it ... it's a sort of sophisticated and stylish deep red that works very well with the style of the car.

But colour is very much a personal choice - I wouldn't have one in Cyan if you paid me ... 😄

Funniest thing about the Rav is that if you watch US YouTube videos it is described as a "small SUV"

First time I ever went to the States for work I hired a compact car, it was bigger than my UK family car.  It’s all relative I guess.

42 minutes ago, philip42h said:

I think that you've already decided that you 'need' AWD, but if FWD would do, the C-HR might be well worth a look - the same hybrid technology, the same performance (from the 2.0), same toys (more or less), same comfortable and relaxing ride - it's probably quieter than the RAV - and you really ought to be able to get 60 mpg which won't hurt the AFR thing at all.

The wife has just bought herself a C-HR in pearlescent white and it looks stunning ... I am not jealous, I am not jealous, I am not jealous ... 😉

The 4.5 styling is a bit 'marmite' - it's a US soccer mum's station wagon, but styled to look like an all American truck. If you like the styling a 'white' will accentuate it; if you prefer something more conservative cover it in Decuma Grey and the styling will disappear into the background. I got a red one because that was available and one my list of 'acceptable' colours - and I'm really pleased with it ... it's a sort of sophisticated and stylish deep red that works very well with the style of the car.

But colour is very much a personal choice - I wouldn't have one in Cyan if you paid me ... 😄

I do love the C-HR look, but not for me on a 3 counts, mine is the big lugger in the family for when we need to carry a lot of stuff, C-HR boot is too small for my work equipment, also 2.0 so only gets the lower AFR rate, whilst its MPG would easily break even as the lower rate expects you to keep above 47mpg, the RAV being 2.5L gets the higher rate which only needs you do 30mpg. As my RAV does 55mpg+ all day there is the potential to make quite a lot of 'profit' - enough to virtually cover my contribution towards the lease, making the car virtually 'free'

I quite like the look of the Black edition but used to the luxury of the Excel, I never knew I needed a heated steering wheel until I had one! lol

• Like 3