Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello

Piotor

Hi im Peter.

currently i dont have one right now but i am on the look out for a gen7 celica as a project car.

Welcome Peter...good luck with the project.

I assume you'd probably be going for the facelift Gen 7 from 2003 on.?..vvti or vvtli.?

Had my 2003 Gen 7 (vvti 140) for two years..great car...loved every minute of driving it.

Hello Peter - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Well thats the thing i like the looks of the pre facelift a bit better, but the piston issue causes me concern. And it looks like getting the facelift would be much better, since i want to drive the car not have it constantly taken apart. If i can find a vvtl-i ill deffinetly go for that one. Will see, since totaly new to this, first of is to gather as much information as possible on the common issues and how to fix em, the second thing that i have no idea about is where to get part since the car is rather old, but all that intime 🙂

I'd get one pretty soon tbh they're knocking on a bit now and good uns are getting thinner on the ground and prices are starting to rise corresponding ly, I wouldn't bother with a prefacelift tbh i d only search for a v late one, rule out the really rusty ones that's the main thing, in terms of a project the other bigger things that could need sorting are overheating issues, brakes, rear cross member replacement, paint issues on some (obv engine/clutch) and other bits and bibs, there s plenty of previous posts, id be selective one looked after s prolly more important than mileage, not too put you off it's prolly still worthwhile.

I read somewhere that the issue with the pistons wasnt fixed till 2005 dont know the reality of that statment tho

Yeah allegedly but mine was registered on an 06 and can still burn a bit of oil at high rpm with neglect so I'm not sure whether any of em truly were, itd have to be a 56 plate if so, which there are v few of, but young or old are ok with proof of regular oil changes but the later the better is less risky, that goes for rust too, so personally I wouldn't go before an 04 plate

So far nothing that would be up to specs, all the interesting ones are in the UK and a right side wheel would be a problem here 😁

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links