Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT app status feature

camellia30

A vehicle status feature has been added to the MyT app.

It tells me that "Your car is in order" at the time it was last switched off.

It also says it can't tell the status of the back windows as they are manual (they're not).

There is also a list of car sensors, they're all greyed out at the moment.

Not been able to find it, are you Android * or IOS ?

Not suggesting you're not human 😇

Android, it's a button with a padlock on it under the picture of the car on the front page of the app.

How strange, must be an update that hasn't filtered down to me yet. 

I'll keep an eye out for it, thanks for letting us know 

I too have the same appear in the app, same message too. Perhaps it's in preparation for new app features?

You don't mean proper features like being able to see if I remembered to lock the car without having to walk halfway back to see if the mirrors have folded in ?

• Like 2

Mine doesn't have that feature but it continues to think the car is parked four or five doors away from my house 😕

Status:"I'm sitting in your garage. The engine is cooling down nicely and I see you've remembered to put your golf trolley Battery on charge. Everything is tickety-boo"

😄

1 hour ago, AndrueC said:

Mine doesn't have that feature but it continues to think the car is parked four or five doors away from my house 😕

😄

Yep, mine too.

I remembered to leave it unlocked

Screenshot_20210719-074052_MyT.jpg

• Like 1

Quite possible you have an MY21 Corolla which added: Upgraded MyT functionality including Tracking, Remote status & e-care

15 hours ago, camellia30 said:

I remembered to leave it unlocked

Screenshot_20210719-074052_MyT.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Quite possible you have an MY21 Corolla which added: Upgraded MyT functionality including Tracking, Remote status & e-care

Yeah it is MY21 and I remember the press release now you mention it.

We have the same car I see 😀

18 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Is this something that will be updated to all MYs? When does MY21 start as I know car years and real years are not the same!

The latest version of the Android My T app is 4.3.1 according to Google Play, updated on July 12. I have that installed on my phone and its doesn't show the vehicle status feature. It doesn't mention it either although under What's New it does say "...track your car's wellbeing..." Maybe that's been there for a while. Given the announcement of new functionality in MY2021 Corollas that @Devon Aygomentioned, it suggests it won't appear in My T unless your car has that additional functionality.

@camellia30what version number is the My T app on your phone? You'll find it in Settings, scroll down to bottom of screen. Mine says 4.3.1 (30119) so include the number in brackets.

• Like 1

4.3.1 (30119), it updated a few days ago.

1 hour ago, camellia30 said:

4.3.1 (30119), it updated a few days ago.

Yes, mine updated to that version a few days ago too.  That you and @KandS have the new status feature option for your MY2021 Corolla and I don't for my MY2020 Corolla strongly suggests that it is only for cars with the functionality in the car itself. Unless Toyota's planning on some kind of retro fit for older models, which I can't see happening for this. But I could be wrong 😊

Hmm, I'm still on 4.2.1 (30117)

So when does MY21 start in real dates? I know they are different as you get 'car of the year' in January!!!

I don't have the added features, my Corolla is MY20 even though I got it in March 21

good news .. manually updated, now on 4.3.1 (30119)

bad news .. no car status

Looks like it is the case - the new status feature will only appear if your car actually supports it.

Well, what do you know? My T Android app updated yesterday to version 4.3.3 (30121) and it comes with a new 'Connected Services Center' on the home screen. Nothing available there yet but I reckon it's something Toyota might introduce to 2020 models, maybe earlier as well. 

MyT-screenshot_20210728-112242_MyT.png

• 1 month later...

The lock icon is back in the latest version of MyT. Still nothing in the "Connected Services Center".