Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Programming new key fob immobiliser.

Bella1022

Hi I am trying to reprogram new key fob for Yaris 2009-I have managed to program locking/unlocking of doors but I’m unable to program immobiliser car won’t start-would appreciate any help thanks

Someone posted this years ago for a Mk1 Yaris - I don't know if it'll work for a Mk2 tho but you can try it??

----------

Toyota Yaris 1999-2006 remote programming instructions

1. Open the driver’s door.
2. Insert the pre-programmed working key into the ignition lock then remove it. Don’t turn the ignition on.
3. Within 40 seconds: Close and open the driver’s door twice, then
4. Insert the new key into the ignition then remove it. Don’t turn the ignition on.

5. Within 40 seconds: Close and open the driver’s door twice, then
6. Close the driver’s door, then

7. Insert the new key into the ignition and turn the ignition on then off (Once to ADD or Twice to Erase All and Add), then
8. Remove the new key, then
9. The central locking should now lock then unlock (Once or Twice).
10. Press the lock and unlock on the remote at the same time for 1.5 seconds
11. Within 3 seconds, press the lock button on the remote for 1 second.
12. The central locking should lock and unlock once.
13. If the central locking locks then unlock twice then the sequence has not been successful. Try again.
14. Open the driver’s door to complete the sequence.

Worked a treat. I now have a key that can open the car with the remote buttons but still not start it.

I then found this to re-programme the immobiliser:

Toyota Yaris 1999-2006 key programming instructions

1. Enter the car and close all of the doors.
2. Simultaneously depress and release both the brake and accelerator pedals.
3. Within five seconds, insert a working pre-programmed key into the ignition cylinder, and turn to the "on" position.
4. Within fifteen seconds of turning the ignition, depress and release the accelerator pedal five times for a primary key
5. Within twenty seconds, depress and release the brake pedal six times for a primary key.
6. Turn the ignition to the "off" position and immediately remove the key.
7. Within ten seconds of removing the key, insert the new key and turn it to the "on" position.
8. Within ten seconds, depress and release the accelerator pedal once. The security light will then flash for 60 seconds and then turn off. When the security light stops flashing the programming should be complete.
9. Start the vehicle to verify that programming was successful.

No one was more surprised than me when this worked. I now have a fully operational key.

----------

Both of these worked for my Mk1, but the second part for coding the immobiliser is a lot harder than doing the remote locking, and it took me 7-8 tries to do it quick enough!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links