Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No CD

Hpaul

Just ordered a 2019 Corolla Tourer, will pick it up on Monday. Have been browsing the online manual and am surprised to see that it does not have a CD player. 

Don’t worry the infotainment system is so outdated there a wind up gramophone in the boot

• Haha 3

I doubt you’ll find a modern car with a CD player now, I’ve not used one for the last 9 years, 2012 Vauxhall Zafira and that was only once to see if it worked.

Showing my age, I guess!

19 minutes ago, Beta said:

I doubt you’ll find a modern car with a CD player now, I’ve not used one for the last 9 years, 2012 Vauxhall Zafira and that was only once to see if it worked.

Lol my 2019 Prius has a CD player 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulDM said:

Lol my 2019 Prius has a CD player 😂😂😂😂😂

I’m surprised, is it a target audience age thing?

5 minutes ago, Beta said:

I’m surprised, is it a target audience age thing?

Probably. I listen to cd’s and Apple music so go figure. 

34 minutes ago, Beta said:

Lexus ES have one and perhaps some other Lexus models. Camry has one too. For me is important to have a steering wheel as it seems some latest tech doesn’t,. Tesla for example 😂

• Like 1

I have a CD player on my 2016 too. The only time I played it is when I picked the car up, 2nd user, from a Toyota dealer in Solihull. I took one cd with me, Diana Ross, to play on the way home. Now, my music, about 1200 tracks is on usb stick. The infotainment centre picks up singer, album, genre. CD players are so old hat now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Catlover said:

I have a CD player on my 2016 too. The only time I played it is when I picked the car up, 2nd user, from a Toyota dealer in Solihull. I took one cd with me, Diana Ross, to play on the way home. Now, my music, about 1200 tracks is on usb stick. The infotainment centre picks up singer, album, genre. CD players are so old hat now.

That statement brings back fond memories of my Sony mini disk player with “car sounds” 1-3 disks

So how can I transfer all my CDs to a usb stick?

Just think how many 'CDs' you can get on one tiny USB stick Paul. I use a 16GB Cruzer Fit USB stick that already has over 30 albums on it with loads of space left for plenty more.

2 hours ago, Hpaul said:

Just ordered a 2019 Corolla Tourer, will pick it up on Monday. Have been browsing the online manual and am surprised to see that it does not have a CD player. 

I just traded in my 2017 Golf GT, it had a CD player but the new Golf don't have them. Thing of the past now I guess☹️

5 minutes ago, Hpaul said:

So how can I transfer all my CDs to a usb stick?

It's called ripping.

Try Googling for 'how do I rip a cd using' <insert your operating system here> eg;

'How do I rip a cd using windows'

Then you just copy the resulting files to your USB stick. It's best to organise content using folders. Most commonly:

<artist>\<album>\

But it's not essential.

And you can buy most music as electronic downloads. Some people even stream music via the internet to their infotainment system but that's advanced 🙂

If you have a computer with Windows 10, then you have access to Media Player, which has a ripping (copying) facility. Put your cd in the computer, tell the media Player which tracts you want ripping. Probably take less then 8 minutes to rip a 12 track cd.

15 hours ago, FiestaRed said:

Just think how many 'CDs' you can get on one tiny USB stick Paul. I use a 16GB Cruzer Fit USB stick that already has over 30 albums on it with loads of space left for plenty more.

I use Apple music over bluetooth so a lot more than a cd’s worth. Agreed

also remember guys n gals that if you burn MP3’s to the cd media the infotainment system will pick them up and play. Much more songs than an audio cd. 

The Mark 1 Prius I had from 2002 to 2011 had a CD player AND a cassette player!

If I'd shelled out the £2,500 extra for SatNav, there would also have been a 6 CD changer in the armrest cubby as well as the cassette player and single CD slot in the dash!

Edited by PeteB
oops - meant to type Mark 1 not Mark 2

Sadly,  they stopped fitting 8 tracks too....

🤣

• Haha 1