Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav 4 map settings

Simon palmer

Hi I have a 2021 rav4 and I can't get the map on the home screen to show anything other than the North settings I have gone into the settings and set the map to 3D heading and when I press the nav button it shows the map in 3D heading but as soon as I press the home button it always shows the map in North which is useless to see when driving. 

That is disappointing, it was a problem on 2019 too (pre-android/apple compatible software) and I heard some people had it fixed by a dealer patch but my dealer always denied such a fix existed but was well aware of the issue.

To hear it remains on the newer software is very sad. Sorry can't help.

Mine originallly did the same, but this was fixed during the requested Map and Android auto software upgrade , by the dealer at the last service.

Paul

1 hour ago, Talshia said:

Mine originallly did the same, but this was fixed during the requested Map and Android auto software upgrade , by the dealer at the last service.

Do you mean the smaller map on the 'Home' view is now oriented so that up on the map is the direction of travel?

I'd read (a while ago) some posts from people who said it fixed the main map repeatedly switching to North up, but not the 'Home' map, which could not be changed from North up.

If the upgrade does fix the 'Home' map I'll request it at my next dealer visit.

For what it's worth - not a lot - on mine, the Home screen shows a condensed view of what is on the Map screen. If the Map screen shows north up, so does the Home screen; if the Map screen shows direction of travel, so does the Home screen; if the Map screen is set to bizarre 3D mode, so is the Home screen. It appears to work as one might hope / expect. (It's a 2020 model that came with Android Auto / Apple Car Play in the first place so hasn't needed an upgrade.)

• Thanks 1

I cant use anything but North up, my brain translates left to right if needs be.  I think it's from years of using paper maps 😀

All the maps now show the Direction of travel.

I had the maps and Android Auto update done by the dealer in Cardiff together with the last service last November.The maps charge was £50 if done with the service.