Do Not Sell My Personal Information

one dead Gen4 less than 400 miles

flash22

I work in a bodyshop and last month we had one come in that was 6 days old and was a total loss it had been hit in O/S front and down the side all of the airbags had fired 

Oooff... nasty... but it reminds me of one of my favourite threads on this forum...

• Like 1

That white one looks alright, easy fix but don’t know about the air bags though. 

Looks like it needs to be put on a Jig, upper and lower supports, slam panel, poss both headlights, AC and main rad, crash bar, misc plastics, front bumper and fogs. maybe a crash sensor

passenger airbag is a dash out job, driver's side is a simple swap, SRS ecu and seatbelts will need to be sent off

as it's only been out a year, parts will be an issue and/or costly - 2 tyres may be rims

I wonder if the ABS/EBP failed (known recall)

Wonder if it was stolen but not recorded? Looks certainly 3 tyres flat and damage to AC rad very low, so possibly dumped crashed into low bollard. Would cost a lot to fix and bound to find other damage.

James.👍

I think it would be tricky to accidentally crash it given how touchy the auto-brake system is - Some idiot didn't secure the tarp over their skip and the car slammed on the brakes when it flapped towards me! Boy does the Mk4 have strong brakes! Wouldn't even let me drive through it either, even touching the accelerator would cause it to go BRAKE! and slam the brakes on again. I had to reverse and go around it!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1