Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota RAV4 2003 automatic

Outstanding1

Hello guys,

im looking to buy a petrol 2003 rav4 with an auto transmission that has 48k on the clock.. any advice you could give me? opinions are welcome too of course.

thank you 

Mine has been utterly reliable, despite more than twice that mileage, so nothing I could point to.  Good choice, i would say.

I would be carefully going through the online MOT history - it’s unusual to find a car that has averaged under 3K/yr for 18 years. Check the tyre ages, in theory it could still be on the factory set, has it been serviced correctly based on time? If it’s only done really short journeys, it may not have got up to proper operating temperature etc. - check for mayo-like buildup on the oil cap.

We had problems with my wife's 2001 petrol auto. Its well documented that in the USA they were recalled for gearbox fault but not here. I think it was something to do with the ecu. Not knowing what gear to be in and hesitating when you least need it to. I took the ecu out and sent it to ecu testing. They fixed it and it was fine and trouble free after that.