Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Updating the MyT app

FiestaRed

After reading the other posts about the MyT app and not wanting to muddy those posts, can I ask how do you update the MyT app please?

I can't see anywhere in either the mobile or online apps that allows you to do this. My mobile app shows Version 4.3.0 (464). Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I just went to the play store, typed in myt then had the option to update.

12 minutes ago, 50p said:

I just went to the play store, typed in myt then had the option to update.

Thanks for that. Just went onto the App Store on iPhone and it's still showing 4.3.0 as the latest version.

No problem, thanks for the help.

Thanks Chris.

I have 4.3.0 on my iPhone which shows as being updated last week. In the other thread, people with Android are showing as having a later version of the app. 4.3.1

17 hours ago, FiestaRed said:

After reading the other posts about the MyT app and not wanting to muddy those posts, can I ask how do you update the MyT app please?

I can't see anywhere in either the mobile or online apps that allows you to do this. My mobile app shows Version 4.3.0 (464). Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm Android but app updating is similar on iOS devices. You should have an option somewhere in your Settings menu to choose app updating behaviour: manual or automatic. Look for MyT or My Toyota and see if you can set that behaviour. Auto is best, imo, so you will always get the latest version when the developer posts it to the App Store.

Also, version numbers don't always equate to each other on different platforms. It could be that 4.3.0 is the latest version for iOS whereas 4.3.1 is the latest for Android.

35 minutes ago, Luke717 said:

I'm Android but app updating is similar on iOS devices. You should have an option somewhere in your Settings menu to choose app updating behaviour: manual or automatic. Look for MyT or My Toyota and see if you can set that behaviour. Auto is best, imo, so you will always get the latest version when the developer posts it to the App Store.

Also, version numbers don't always equate to each other on different platforms. It could be that 4.3.0 is the latest version for iOS whereas 4.3.1 is the latest for Android.

Thanks Neville, that makes more sense. I wasn't aware that updates could have different numbers on different platforms.

Mine is set to automatic and shows as being updated last week, so it is possible that 4.3.0 is the latest on iOS. Thanks again for the help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links