Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT driving me nuts!

50p

It's obviously me, it always is!

Here is my issue .. launch the MyT app from mobile.

Where to? .. I type where I want to go

Send to car  .. trip successfully sent.

Then I have the option of 'continue' or 'how to download in your car.' As this is what I want to do, I tap the second option. That goes to a page regarding servicing, MOT and Maintenance???? There are articals regarding service plans, Toyota Relax, parts, repairs virtually everything except what I actually clicked on the tab to find out. Where have I gone wrong? If anyone says read the instruction manual I will scream, even if I go to the back and look at the index, what am I looking up?

Please help restore my sanity ...

• Thanks 1

Does the car have sat nav or just Android auto and car play ?

• Thanks 1

I've tried it several times but it has never worked for me.

• Like 1

I’ve used it a few times, The car just seemed to do it every time I started it. I presume I must have set an auto download somewhere. It does appear to need the Wi-Fi on and be connected to my home network though. Now that I have disconnected the car from that to allow a reliable online connection to Toyota online via bluetooth, I have not tried a the go to from the app. I had already given up with it as it was easier to sit in the car for a couple of minutes and set any destinations directly, either with post codes or POIs. 

Well so far sitting in the car for a few moments and inputting direct seem to be favourite. I'm used to setting a route on my TomTom (satnav, not drum!) indoors so thought the new Toyota send to car would be a good upgrade, sadly as yet it isn't. Still trying, I hate to let technology beat me.

4 hours ago, Ian.S said:

It does appear to need the Wi-Fi on and be connected to my home network though.

That's a bit rubbish if you're right. When I'm at home I don't use my satnav much because I nearly always know where I'm going. Most of the times I've used sat nav are when I'm holiday and well out of reach of my home wifi.

still going, or rather not going. I have previously downloaded a map update so the multimedia is registered. I can sign in to My Toyota on my laptop. Go to my vehicles .. owned .. and my car details appear. Click on Connected .. get access to connected services, which displays

Connected! Congratulations, your car is now connected and ready to use with the My T app.

I have lost count of what I did next but got a message saying 'user name or password incorrect'

Where how do you input any other user names or passwords? Very close to giving up on this ....

I've just tried this again, the first time since I turned the wifi off.  It works every time now over bluetooth within a couple of minute from starting the car.  Shortly after the nav screen comes on a downloading from the server message appears telling me that the downloads are in the favourites folder.  However, the result is different depending on wether I used the MyT app or the MyToyota website.  Using the App gives a route ie place to place, while using the website give a destination.  This seems to be something else that works better when wifi in the car is off.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Ian.S said:

I've just tried this again, the first time since I turned the wifi off.  It works every time now over Bluetooth within a couple of minute from starting the car.  Shortly after the nav screen comes on a downloading from the server message appears telling me that the downloads are in the favourites folder.  However, the result is different depending on wether I used the MyT app or the MyToyota website.  Using the App gives a route ie place to place, while using the website give a destination.  This seems to be something else that works better when wifi in the car is off.

Yea, I strongly suspect there is a timeout wait issue with the Wi-Fi side, and bluetooth really is the only way to use it.

On 7/22/2021 at 5:15 PM, 50p said:

It's obviously me, it always is!

Here is my issue .. launch the MyT app from mobile.

Where to? .. I type where I want to go

Send to car  .. trip successfully sent.

Then I have the option of 'continue' or 'how to download in your car.' As this is what I want to do, I tap the second option. That goes to a page regarding servicing, MOT and Maintenance???? There are articals regarding service plans, Toyota Relax, parts, repairs virtually everything except what I actually clicked on the tab to find out. Where have I gone wrong? If anyone says read the instruction manual I will scream, even if I go to the back and look at the index, what am I looking up?

Please help restore my sanity ...

It's not only you. If I click on a link like 'how to access a destination sent to your car' I end up on a sales page unrelated to the issue. 

On 7/23/2021 at 5:30 PM, Ian.S said:

I've just tried this again, the first time since I turned the wifi off.  It works every time now over Bluetooth within a couple of minute from starting the car.  Shortly after the nav screen comes on a downloading from the server message appears telling me that the downloads are in the favourites folder.  However, the result is different depending on wether I used the MyT app or the MyToyota website.  Using the App gives a route ie place to place, while using the website give a destination.  This seems to be something else that works better when wifi in the car is off.

Hi .. ok, a couple of probably stupid questions ...

When wifi is turned on, where is the signal from? If it's from the home wifi then my signal is not strong enough to reach the car.

bluetooth .. I thought this only worked up to 30 feet?

10 minutes ago, delbois said:

It's not only you. If I click on a link like 'how to access a destination sent to your car' I end up on a sales page unrelated to the issue. 

Yep, that's simillar to what I get although mine is mainly servicing and MOT info

• Thanks 1

... sorry, should say with wifi on .. going mad!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, frizzbee30 said:

Yea, I strongly suspect there is a timeout wait issue with the Wi-Fi side, and Bluetooth really is the only way to use it.

I’m assuming you are tethering you’re phone internet connection to your car via bluetooth rather than WiFi, if so how do you do that? I’ve got my phone connected to the car for calls and music but I don’t see the internet connection, any help appreciated thanks.

52 minutes ago, Beta said:

I’m assuming you are tethering you’re phone internet connection to your car via Bluetooth rather than WiFi, if so how do you do that? I’ve got my phone connected to the car for calls and music but I don’t see the internet connection, any help appreciated thanks.

Yes. I only use bluetooth to tether to my phone.  One the phone is connected to the car all I did is turn on tethering on the phone. Then once the phone connects to the car all the cameras and the traffic data is displayed on the screen in the car.  It even recognises average speed cameras, which is more than Waze can do. I have never tried to see if other phones can use this connection to tether to the internet via my phone but I'm sure that if it can be done my granddaughter will discover it soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You also have to ensure that the vehicle internet connection is set to Toyota Online.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Can you not use the phones waif hotspot function to get internet connectivity to Touch 2 ?

Hi, I started this thread and all is ok now thanks. Seems to have been re-opened for FiestaReds 'send to car' post.

• Like 1