Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drive the deal - supplier?

Willss

Looking potentially at getting a Rav4. 

2 year old ones are only a few thousand off list price at the moment which seems a bit crazy.  However, I see that Drivethedeal now have Toyota's back on their list after a break for a few years.  They have £5k+ off a new one (Design AWD) including 0% deal etc making them cheaper than a 2yr old one from a main dealer!!!  My understanding is that after placing your order Drivethedeal put you in touch with the main dealer who then does all the paperwork, deposit, full payment etc (many other firms are brokers (so you pay them the money as a middle man) or offer pre reg cars etc and I can't be doing with that I want to deal direct with a main dealer and pay the dealer direct).

I'm not after experiences/merits of using Drivethedeal but more any info about which Toyota dealership network you end up dealing with and supplies the car.  There is one large franchise I don't want to ever spend a penny with (not going to name them) and I want to ensure that before I get into a deal that I won't be dealing with them!

Hope this is OK to ask.  Feel free to PM me with an answer if you don't want it spread around the web or delete if this thread isn't allowed!

Surely the best thing to do would be to either ask Drivethedeal which Toyota dealers they work with, or, alternatively, ask them whether they work with the dealer you don't wish to buy from.

21 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Surely the best thing to do would be to either ask Drivethedeal which Toyota dealers they work with, or, alternatively, ask them whether they work with the dealer you don't wish to buy from.

Would be but from what I understand they like to avoid giving you that information until you're well down the process to avoid you cutting them out and going direct to the dealership - thereby losing them their commission! 

Ask the alternative question I suggested - ie. do they work with the dealer you don't want to buy from.

Or you can say to them that you won't buy from dealer XYZ.

The issue with asking members is whether the member information is up to date - it may not be.