Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service history !!!

Filip.08

Hi all , i finally received V5 , and  registered on my Toyota app , anyway i found something on service history that obviously didn't come out on all my previous checks and dealer ,, obviously ,, didn't tell me about that , i attached below few photos , if someone could explain me what is that and do i need to be concerned about this ? Hopefully I have been understand , even after 3 year's in UK still struggling with language ))) thanks.

Screenshot_20210723-224358.png

Screenshot_20210723-225526.png

Screenshot_20210723-224233.png

The accident repairs may have been paid by the previous owner, rather than being put through their insurance. This way any check on a car's history won't pick this type of repair up. If a car hasn't been classified as a write-off, it, I don't see that it would show on a vehicles history check. For example HPI are one of the main companies used to check a car's history, and the following is what is covered in their checks:

• Outstanding finance and/or logbook loans – have all the debts against the car or debts in which the car was used as security, been paid off? If not, it still belongs to a finance company.
  • Write-offs – has the car previously been classed as an A, B, C, D write-off, or the newer S or N write-off categories by an insurer?
  • Theft – has the car been recorded as stolen on the Police National Computer?
  • Mileage – HPI’s own mileage register holds 200+ million speedometer readings.
  • Previous owners – HPI can tell you how many previous owners a car has had, courtesy of the DVLA database.
  • Number plate changes – again harvested from the DVLA records. Many cars have a cherished registration, but it is good to check these are all in order and not being used to disguise a past.
  • VIN/Chassis numbers – allows you to check recorded engine and chassis numbers against those on the car itself.
  • Scrapped vehicles – as with Cat A and B insurance write-offs, you don’t want a car that shouldn’t even be on the road.
  • Imported/exported vehicles – cars built for foreign markets can be harder to insure or repair, while cars registered as exported shouldn’t be for sale here at all.
  • MoT status – is that MoT certificate you’ve been shown genuine?
  • Road tax/Fuel costs – useful for cars that use the older emissions-based road tax system, plus you’ll get an estimated cost of fuel over 12,000 miles.

You could contact Lindop, explain that you now own the car, and ask about the repairs carried out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2021 at 11:56 PM, Filip.08 said:

Hi all , i finally received V5 , and  registered on my Toyota app , anyway i found something on service history that obviously didn't come out on all my previous checks and dealer ,, obviously ,, didn't tell me about that , i attached below few photos , if someone could explain me what is that and do i need to be concerned about this ? Hopefully I have been understand , even after 3 year's in UK still struggling with language ))) thanks.

Screenshot_20210723-224358.png

Screenshot_20210723-225526.png

Screenshot_20210723-224233.png

How did you manage to get this information from MyToyota? I have it registered, Auris TS 2017 and only thing under Service is booking meeting with dealer. What is that "received V5" you mention? Thank you

6 minutes ago, CrayCZ said:

What is that "received V5" you mention?

The V5C is the UK vehicle registration document. It is issued by a UK Government Agency when a car is first registered for use on the road, and is updated each time a vehicle is sold/bought. Only applies to vehicles registered for use in the UK.

I  wasn't able to register on my Toyota without a serial number which I found on VC5!!

The car has had two previous accidents repairs, all done by Toyota garages. 

The info is there, 2018 it was done by toyota and it states "Insurance excess charged"

the part numbers listed in 2019 are the liners for the front and rear passenger side door

PM or call @Parts-King iirc they work for lindop Bros, who may be able to assist

If it is a minor accident and repaired properly, don't worry about it.  Just drive and enjoy it.  You have no obligation to tell the buyer when you sell it as long as it is not giving any problem like corrosion or electrical issues. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links