Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Yaris Cooled Glovebox not working

Kat0

I've just bought at 2016 Yaris Excel. One of the features is a "cooled glove box" but it doesn't seem to work. Is there a way of finding out whether the vehicle definitely has this feature?

I posted a link but once again it doesn't work!

It was from a U.K. car dealer selling a 2016 Excel and is listed as a standard feature. That was a hybrid version, whether that makes a difference, no idea?

The only car I've ever owned with a cooled glovebox had an obvious vent opening inside which was tapped off the main air distribution system. Can you see anything like that in the glovebox when it's open or even feel any air being blown with the a.c. and fan on?

What does the car's handbook say? Screenshot is from my manual. Possibly, if yours is the same, the vent is shut. Looks like it slides open/shut.

My car isn't that posh, so not equipped!

Screenshot (54).png

As above, if it's got it there will be a little sliding shutter at the back.

However, you probably won't feel anything through it as the box needs to be shut for it to push up and seal against the outlet behind tapped off the ventilation system. You'd need to leave a thermometer in there for a while.

9 hours ago, Kat0 said:

I've just bought at 2016 Yaris Excel. One of the features is a "cooled glove box" but it doesn't seem to work. Is there a way of finding out whether the vehicle definitely has this feature?

I had a 2014 Yaris Excel (would have been the same spec) with that feature. As others have said already, it works via a sliding shutter at the rear right of the glove box. The main thing to note is that it doesn't work independently of the air conditioning but you probably knew that already. Its temperature will be governed by the passenger's temp setting (dual climate controls) if you separate the dual zones. To be honest, we didn't find it to be much use. It could keep something cold that had already been chilled but that's about all and we tend to use our glove box for lots of other "stuff" (that doesn't need chilling lol!) anyway.

• Like 3