Do Not Sell My Personal Information

red battery light

KeithAxelby

Hi.  I have a 2006 avensis diesel d4d.  Power went dead and I was told the charger was gone. It started from jump leads ok and ran, though not far. Bought a reconditioned one and had it fitted.  Started and ran great though just noticed the red Battery light is on, even with engine running OK.  Any help will be gratefully received.

Keith.

1 hour ago, KeithAxelby said:

Hi.  I have a 2006 avensis diesel d4d.  Power went dead and I was told the charger was gone. It started from jump leads ok and ran, though not far. Bought a reconditioned one and had it fitted.  Started and ran great though just noticed the red battery light is on, even with engine running OK.  Any help will be gratefully received.

Keith.

A red light usually means the alternator is faulty however I had an intermittent red light with a 2008 Avensis the Battery was charging but eventually the alternator expired. Take it back to garage who fitted it and get it checked as I think it will eventually fail if left in that state.

Red Battery lights there is a fault in the charging circuit, it could be a bad alternator, bad voltage regulator which is inside the alternator or simply a wiring problem..

I had this issue. It is the alternator showing its end off its life.

it could also be the Battery itself