Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Sat Nav is trying to connect to a smart phone so won't function as a Sat Nav

S Hogan

I get a sign come up with this message "Waiting for a Connection. Connect the Devise and Wait" with a picture of a phone. Can't work out how to use the Sat Nav now as this comes up whenever I touch the Sat Nav icon.

Garage wants £96.00 just to run a diagnostic )-: 

Anyone know how to get it to stop doing this?

Your profile shows you have a 2021 Aygo, and as such, this model doesn't have sat nav. Instead it uses either Android Auto or Apple Carplay, for which your phone needs to be connected.

• Like 2

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but I didn’t think the 2021 Aygo’s had SatNav anymore, they have CarPlay/AndroidAuto instead both of which require a ‘phone to be connected to access navigation (google maps, Apple maps, Wade etc.)

• Like 1

When the 3 button radio is fitted (2018 onwards) there is no built-in sat nav (and the sat nav option is incompatible) so you have to use CarPlay or Android Auto with a compatible smartphone.

90% of aygo's 2019 on come as standard with Apple Carplay and Android Auto - your phone is your satnav

If you have a 2021 model, you need to connect your device by cable and not bluetooth for anything more than basic phones functions.

I use an Android Auto, MAPS will work as long as "location" is enabled on your phone and you are getting a decent signal.

Your "data" connection must be on to actually use the navigation functions.

11 hours ago, martswain said:

If you have a 2021 model, you need to connect your device by cable and not Bluetooth for anything more than basic phones functions.

Very true - neither wireless CarPlay nor wireless Android Auto are supported.

This annoyed me so for my iPhone I have fitted CPLAY2air to give me wireless CarPlay, not sure if there is a similar dongle available for Android Auto? Maybe this?

https://cplay2air.com/products/carplay2air-wireless-adapter-for-android-head-units-android-auto-mirror-link

it works the same for AC/AA, the device acts as a network bridge - it just fools the device it's connected too making it look like it's tethered

there are methods to use offline maps on your phone  (i had TomTom on my Nokia and palm pilot many moons ago)

IIRC google maps has this function

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

there are methods to use offline maps on your phone  (i had TomTom on my Nokia and palm pilot many moons ago)

IIRC google maps has this function

I've downloaded much of the UK as offline maps in Google maps - unfortunately Apple maps doesn't have an offline feature, hence why I use Google maps even though I have an iPhone.

Apple car play just uses google maps as a sat nav, which I actually prefer now over a Tom Tom unit etc. as google maps are really good with quick updates on the traffic and re-routing.

• Like 1