Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo Trim Colour

AurisUK

Hi,

I am looking to replace the stereo in my Auris, but I'm not sure what colour surround I need to match the factory trim. On the Dynamic Sounds website there are silver, black, metal grey. 

This one says it's silver, but it's hard to judge if it would be a match or not.

https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/toyota-auris-2007-2013-double-din-stereo-fitting-kit-fascia-and-steering-stalk-control-silver.html

My interior is the colour below

8e7886d97ef84b999cf48a98e8eca38c.jpg

Perhaps the grey one will be closest to your interior colour. 👍

The outer parts are silver, the inner parts (radio) are Metal gray

have a look on the connects2 uk website the pic are usually decent quality

• Thanks 1

I have taken a gamble with the Celsus AFC6020 as I only really need the surround and the Connects2 CT23TY24 is pretty much double the price. I also ordered the steering wheel control CTSTY001.2 and a new DAB aerial so hopefully that will be everything I need! I will post the results.

Let me know if your steering wheel control works as when I plug in the purple wire my volume goes to max and it is unusable and I have not managed to sort it.

Had a go at fitting today, the fitment of the fascia is very poor. Its not quite the right colour either. Even after cutting the tabs on the fascia the silver side trims and the top vents will not fit correctly. Decided to do what I should of done in the first place and ordered the Connects2 kit so hopefully that fits better!

The stereo is in and the steering wheel controls work perfectly so just need the trim.

Can you show me how you connected your stereo from the back as my steering controls don't seem to work

What steering wheel control box do you have? What stereo do you have?

I have the same steering control box but a kenwood stereo

When the purple wire is connected to the stereo the volume goes max even if they touch, I have tried another steering control box but the same thing happens. 

No idea what to do so I have left the wires in the car and use the stereo without the steering wheel. 

IMG_20210322_164752.jpg

IMG_20210322_164746.jpg

IMG_20210322_164755.jpg

Just to update the stereo is now in fully, the Connects2 kit has exactly the same fascia as the Celsus version. The numbers are the same on the back and the colour is identical. To make it fit you need to trim the top push fit clips by about half a 5-10mm, this allows the vents to locate properly and the silver side trims will fit aswell.

IMG-20210731-WA0001.thumb.jpeg.19982ef7b97453089af29508540ac229.jpeg

@ussy7861 I'm not sure what you have done, but you need a patch lead like this

https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/connects2-ctmultilead-2-universal-steering-wheel-stalk-adaptor-stereo-patch-lead.html 

Then you follow the instructions for your stereo below, hope this helps.

20210731_111716.thumb.jpg.57354650639e6e06a5e84ba8a84393c4.jpg

@ussy7861 what model, Kenwood ?

some suppliers can mix up the patchleads for the swrc interfaces,

Edit, the patch lead looks correct

What is the model number for the connects2 audio adapter you have ? as there are 4 types for the Mk1 auris depending on what factory radio you have/had (Panasonic or Fujitsu Ten) ?

Is it a JAP (JT vin) or UK built (SB vin) Auris ?

Hi,

I have the UK built Auris and previously Toyota had installed bluetooth in the car so I don't know if that has messed it up.

The model of the stereo is kenwood kmm-bt506dab.

I'm not into electrics so I don't know what to do.

If there was someone local to Manchester that I could take it to I can do that but I don't know who can have a look at it and sort it out.

What Toyota radio did you have ? There are 2 versions of the audio controls one uses a 20 pin and the other is a 28 pin connector

I will need to check

I think fujitsu 

This is my stereo

IMG_20210801_000759.jpg

On 7/31/2021 at 11:30 AM, AurisUK said:

Just to update the stereo is now in fully, the Connects2 kit has exactly the same fascia as the Celsus version. The numbers are the same on the back and the colour is identical. To make it fit you need to trim the top push fit clips by about half a 5-10mm, this allows the vents to locate properly and the silver side trims will fit aswell.

IMG-20210731-WA0001.thumb.jpeg.19982ef7b97453089af29508540ac229.jpeg

@ussy7861 I'm not sure what you have done, but you need a patch lead like this

https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/connects2-ctmultilead-2-universal-steering-wheel-stalk-adaptor-stereo-patch-lead.html 

Then you follow the instructions for your stereo below, hope this helps.

20210731_111716.thumb.jpg.57354650639e6e06a5e84ba8a84393c4.jpg

Please can you tell me what colour you picked for the fascia? They all look the same to me on the website. 

On 8/3/2021 at 9:16 AM, ussy7861 said:

Anyone that can help? 

Sorry only just seen your post

can you find out what one dynamic sounds supplied ? Do your audio controls have the phone button(s) ?

13 hours ago, AN_ said:

Please can you tell me what colour you picked for the fascia? They all look the same to me on the website. 

the come is black, silver (shiny) and metal grey (matt/satin dark grey)

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 9:06 PM, AN_ said:

Save yourself some money and get the Celsus one from eBay for £17 it's EXACTLY the same as the Connects2 part and you don't need the cage. You will have to trim it to fit correctly anyways.

43 minutes ago, AurisUK said:

Save yourself some money and get the Celsus one from eBay for £17 it's EXACTLY the same as the Connects2 part and you don't need the cage. You will have to trim it to fit correctly anyways.

Connects2 list the fascia's on their own, but many sites list them incorrectly they should be £15-22

eg.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/connects2-ct24ty36-metal-grey-single-din-facia-plate-for-toyota-auris

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/connects2-ct24ty38-silver-single-din-facia-plate-for-toyota-auris

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/adapters/toyota/auris/connects2-ct24ty37-dark-grey-single-din-facia-plate-for-toyota-auris

CT24TY36 - Metal grey

CT24TY37 - Dark grey

CT24TY38 - Silver

From experience the connects2 items are a much better fit

4 hours ago, AurisUK said:

I wish I knew before ordering. I've ordered the Connects2 one for the cage, in metal gray (the dash is the same colour as yours) so fingers crossed it fits nicely and looks okay colour wise. I'll do the trimming if necessary, thanks for letting me know.

Is the wiring difficult to sort out? The stereo I've ordered is also a Pioneer. 

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

Connects2 list the fascia's on their own, but many sites list them incorrectly they should be £15-22

eg.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/connects2-ct24ty36-metal-grey-single-din-facia-plate-for-toyota-auris

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/connects2-ct24ty38-silver-single-din-facia-plate-for-toyota-auris

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/adapters/toyota/auris/connects2-ct24ty37-dark-grey-single-din-facia-plate-for-toyota-auris

CT24TY36 - Metal grey

CT24TY37 - Dark grey

CT24TY38 - Silver

From experience the connects2 items are a much better fit

I did see those, but I was concerned about if you could fit a double din and not have to cut it etc. It was a bit misleading so I went for the one with cage.

Normally I would agree with you on the fitment of the Connects2 stuff but as I actually ended up ordering the Connects2 and the Celsus version I can confirm they are exactly the same.

1 hour ago, AN_ said:

I wish I knew before ordering. I've ordered the Connects2 one for the cage, in metal gray (the dash is the same colour as yours) so fingers crossed it fits nicely and looks okay colour wise. I'll do the trimming if necessary, thanks for letting me know.

Is the wiring difficult to sort out? The stereo I've ordered is also a Pioneer. 

The trimming will be necessary, it's very minor and can be done with a Stanley blade otherwise the vents won't fit and neither will the side trims.

As I used the steering wheel control box the wiring was plug and play, takes a couple mins.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for hi-jacking this discussion a bit, but I have a similar issue. My brother in law has a brand new Pioneer multimedia system (can't remember exactly which, but one of the cheaper ones) he doesn't need, and he asked me if I wanted it. My car is a 2009 Auris with only radio/CD player (same as AurisUK's picture in the first post), and I wanted to ask what stuff I'd need if I wanted to install this thing. First of all, would I need the complete fitting set with the cage and stuff or just the simple  2DIN size fascia? The latter is cheaper... Have I got it right that only the fascia is needed, and you can reuse the fittings from the original radio? I guess I'd need cables for power and the aerial as well, but which ones? I don't have steering wheel controls, so that's one headache less at least. Sorry for asking stupid questions, but I've never done this before.

On 8/20/2021 at 9:37 AM, Longbottom said:

Hi, sorry for hi-jacking this discussion a bit, but I have a similar issue. My brother in law has a brand new Pioneer multimedia system (can't remember exactly which, but one of the cheaper ones) he doesn't need, and he asked me if I wanted it. My car is a 2009 Auris with only radio/CD player (same as AurisUK's picture in the first post), and I wanted to ask what stuff I'd need if I wanted to install this thing. First of all, would I need the complete fitting set with the cage and stuff or just the simple  2DIN size fascia? The latter is cheaper... Have I got it right that only the fascia is needed, and you can reuse the fittings from the original radio? I guess I'd need cables for power and the aerial as well, but which ones? I don't have steering wheel controls, so that's one headache less at least. Sorry for asking stupid questions, but I've never done this before.

You only need the surround, no cage or anything. If you don't have steering wheel controls just get the right iso wiring adapter and it will be plug and play. If you use dynamic sounds you can put in your vehicle and it will list the parts.