Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone got a Corolla on order?

FiestaRed

I have a Corolla TS on order and having heard of delays with other models, I just wondered if anyone had heard anything about their Corolla orders?

HI, I ordered a 2.0 Excel HB on 24th June, originally it was slated as August delivery, but a few weeks later the dealer said they got notified it was now September. Latest is mid-September, but that's not confirmed and subject to change. Given there was a deposit contribution and "Hybrid Happy" event in  June and July, my guess is they are clearing anything in the pipeline and preparing for new production runs starting. Not heard of any spec changes or anything for UK. As an aside, "MyT" updated to show the Purchased car same day of placing the order and it still shows "Processing Order" with next stage being Build.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Ian, really appreciated. My order was placed on the 21st June and, similar to yours was scheduled for the first week in August.

Not heard anything from the dealership yet and nothing showing on the MyT app even after adding the VIN number.

No worries, Mike. I was watching your posts on MyT etc.....long time lurker here 🙂

I do not have a VIN, but I already had MyT set up since my first Auris in 2015 and used the same email when ordering next car, so I assume it was easy for Toyota to add the new car to MyT.

• Like 1

I ordered my GR Sport on 1st Aug and the dealer has said October for me, MyT tracking says "Processing Order".

image.thumb.png.0c48e7233413f3636ac86335e9ea1fe9.png

My partner ordered her Yaris Design on the same date and hers is "In Transit" and showing in the UK, we've been told around September for that one.

Thank Si, can I ask where on the MyT app the 'Track Your Order' screen is please?

This will be my first Toyota and even though I've added the VIN number to the app, nothing is showing up.

1 hour ago, FiestaRed said:

Thank Si, can I ask where on the MyT app the 'Track Your Order' screen is please?

This will be my first Toyota and even though I've added the VIN number to the app, nothing is showing up.

I've not looked at MyT as i've got another account for my current Corolla using that but when you login to My Toyota on the website and go to Purchased Vehicles it will be listed there but the account was setup by the dealership and already had my order assigned to it.  I don't have a VIN yet so i can't add the car although i guess it's technically added as it's "purchased".
image.thumb.png.fe1ac0d4d68642b97e9d5b71e5576db8.png

Thanks for the help Si, I'll keep on watching the MyT app with interest.

• Like 1

Slight update on mine....about a week or so ago, both MyT app and the website MyToyota updated to show "Derby" as the Factory although it is still sat at "Processing Order". No real surprise there as the Corolla Hatch is built in Derby 🙂 but hoping it means things are moving forward (this was probably around the time the dealer told me they have an estimate of mid-September, but that's subject to change.

image.thumb.png.1f2be7e9c663058d658aeb8e6a10edc2.png

Thanks for letting me know Ian. I can't find the "Track Your Order" section on either the MyT app or the online version. Hopefully it will update pretty soon.

After my experiences with Vauxhall and their dealerships, I now take everything a dealer tells me with a very large pinch of salt.

Mine may be different as I have current and previous car linked already, plus the new one...but in the app, it opens up at the current car and small icon top right (a car with a roof) for "My Garage" is displayed. If I tap that My Garage is displayed and I have two tabs: "Owned" and "Purchased"...the new car on order is under "Purchased"

On the website itself, it opens at "My Vehicles" (aka My Garage) or from the Account Menu Top right, choose "My Vehicles":

image.thumb.png.c234ffa816f4d01716925b00573c956e.png

and this is shown:

image.thumb.png.00739a933c1adda343bed8fcccdaa5ad.png

I hope things settle down on the delivery front when it comes to mine.:smile:

ordered mine 27th June original estimate was 30th July now, 9 august. mine has been built according o the app for 3 weeks and been in transit ever since.

Spoke to my dealer and they said it is at sea, don't know how when it is built in derby 😕 considering just  cancelling as you can pick one up with 3k on it for 23k on auto trader. I am being a bit impatient but was expecting a quicker turn around as my wife ordered a Yaris design the day before and got hers 20th July.

5 minutes ago, dazayit said:

don't know how when it is built in derby 😕

>snip<

I am being a bit impatient but was expecting a quicker turn around as my wife ordered a Yaris design the day before and got hers 20th July.

Unless you are waiting on a saloon/sedan when it is built in Turkey.

Availability/delivery will depend upon whether your particular spec. has to be built or if there is a "spare" one already in the pipeline on order for stock.

9 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

Unless you are waiting on a saloon/sedan when it is built in Turkey.

Availability/delivery will depend upon whether your particular spec. has to be built or if there is a "spare" one already in the pipeline on order for stock.

That's not what the Toyota website says 

"The Corolla Hybrid, the Corolla Hatchback, the Corolla Touring Sports and the conventional Corolla - all are built in the UK with many parts and materials supplied by UK companies. Each model offers outstanding value, safety, economy and performance. What's more, because they're 'homemade' in Britain, turnaround on orders and delivery time can be reduced."

My order is a 2.0 gr sport HB

Afaik all the sedans are built in Turkey & Derby only builds hatches & TS. 

8 minutes ago, dazayit said:

"The Corolla Hybrid, the Corolla Hatchback, the Corolla Touring Sports and the conventional Corolla 

The term conventional Toyota, refers to non-hybrid versions, which are still for sale in some European countries. 

The UK builds the hatchback and Touring Sport, and Turkey builds the saloon, which it has done since at least 2007.

See Toyota’s European manufacturing plants Toyota Motor Europe (toyota-europe.com)

Just had a call from my dealership and although I was expecting to be told of delays, they actually let me know my car would be on site tomorrow. Nothing at all has shown up on the MyT app so I'm a bit confused really.

I'll shoot off to the dealership in the morning to give the car a good checking over and take it from there.

• Like 1

Ooo good news! 😎 So about a month and a half wait in total from order to delivery at the dealer!

Fingers crossed mine won't be too bad a wait! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FiestaRed said:

Just had a call from my dealership and although I was expecting to be told of delays, they actually let me know my car would be on site tomorrow. Nothing at all has shown up on the MyT app so I'm a bit confused really.

I'll shoot off to the dealership in the morning to give the car a good checking over and take it from there.

Nice - enjoy the car and be sure to post back when you've got it all waxed up and shiny!

• Like 1

I'm still quite shocked Si. I guess I'll actually start to believe it when I can see the car on my drive at home.

• Like 1

Pingdemic as well

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

Pingdemic as well

When I spotted the dealership's name on the phone, that's one of the things that immediately crossed my mind Christopher. How wrong can you be?

• 1 month later...

I ordered a Corolla Hatchback 2.0 Hybrid GR Sport, in pearlescent white/black on 20th August.  Still nothing appearing in the MyT app on my phone.

Not even processing order? If not even that check with your dealer and check the email they used is the same you registered with on myt / my toyota