Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat covers , Toyota Auris 1.2 Excel

Filip.08

Hi everyone , i am  looking for front seat covers , as it has partial leather on seats is quite confusing , at Halfords all of covers are not recommend to put on leather , I've seen some good covers on Micksgarage.com but I can't find anything if it safe or not to put them on leather or heated seats , thanks.

13 hours ago, Filip.08 said:

I have the Excel model of the Auris bought in Jan 18, which includes heated seats. At that time, I got some covers from fleabay.  They are quite thin and took 30 minutes to fit but they work.  I haven't had any problems. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Filip.08 said:

Hi everyone , i am  looking for front seat covers , as it has partial leather on seats is quite confusing , at Halfords all of covers are not recommend to put on leather , I've seen some good covers on Micksgarage.com but I can't find anything if it safe or not to put them on leather or heated seats , thanks.

I would think the manufacturer of the seat coverings are covering their backsides in case of a problem. Worse scenario I would imagine is having seat heater on high for a long time and in the worse scenario affect the material if it has a low flammability, in which case it could be grilled veg for tea 😵💫. If they not put a warning on, and you burn your veg then they are open for a claim, but that would be least of your problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Excel777 said:

I have the Excel model of the Auris bought in Jan 18, which includes heated seats. At that time, I got some covers from fleabay.  They are quite thin and took 30 minutes to fit but they work.  I haven't had any problems. 

Thanks , anyway how do you find the car ? I mean I was so excited at the beginning , top specs, under 33.000 miles , red color lovely car  ,  but now after a month  I am not quite sure that i am so excited anymore ))) i don't know if it's me or is the car , i find the engine not very smooth specialy in the first gear's , and I can't adapt to it so far ,  and the mpg on short trips is disappointing , i mean I expected more for what I paid ))

What engine does your car have Filip?
If you have a problem why not start a new thread explaining your problem and see if anyone can help.

Are seat covers actually worthwhile?  I had a beautiful set made in moquet and very comfortable.  I removed them when I sold the car at 2 years old.  The seats underneath were filthy as dirt had got through the covers and not been cleaned by hovered the covers.

I had sun damage to the top of rear seats in two old cars 5 years plus and wear and seat belt damage in a leather seat after about 12 years.

Enjoy the covers provided by the manufacturer.

If your seats have airbags fitted in them, then you SHOULD NOT fit seat covers as they will restrict the airbags.

Airbag compatible seat covers are available

For me yes as I work in a factory and at the end of the day  my clothes ar very dirty and am talking about , grease , oil , and I can be asked to change clothes at work )) but I understand you , it's pain to use them , and it doesn't look to good , I might start to change my clothes at work ))

19 hours ago, Filip.08 said:

Thanks , anyway how do you find the car ? I mean I was so excited at the beginning , top specs, under 33.000 miles , red color lovely car  ,  but now after a month  I am not quite sure that i am so excited anymore ))) i don't know if it's me or is the car , i find the engine not very smooth specialy in the first gear's , and I can't adapt to it so far ,  and the mpg on short trips is disappointing , i mean I expected more for what I paid ))

I know what you mean, I got it when it was 29k. Mine is a 1.6. Yes mpg is disappointing as it's nothing near the official figures. Mpg fluctuates between 41mpg in summer to 33 in winter.  I do like the car though because it's relaxing to drive and the Excel version comes with a lot of functionality which I didn't have in my previous car such as automatic reverse parking, reverse camera cruise control, speed limiter, auto lights, auto wipers, electronic folding mirrors, not having to take the key fob out of the pocket to open/close/start car etc.

49 minutes ago, Excel777 said:

Mine is a 1.6. Yes mpg is disappointing as it's nothing near the official figures.

The official figures aren't intended to represent what owners will achieve, but to provide a standard laboratory based comparison when comparing different models.

Honest John's Real MPG provides an indication of what owners acheive - 

1.6 - https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/toyota/auris-2013/16

1.2T - https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/toyota/auris-2013/12-turbo

• Like 1