Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear parcel shelf and secondary boot floor.

moby2

We bought a new Yaris hybrid in May this year and are very pleased with it, but I have noticed that there is no rear parcel shelf or secondary boot floor / shelf fitted, should this have been supplied with the car or are they accessories.?

as it is there was a rear seat release button missing which Toyota did replace when I pointed it out.

Edited by moby2

It's an optional extra, do you have the mounts for the upper deck board ?

58410-K0020-C1

haven't a clue on price but the gen 3 item is £120-140

There definitely should be a rear parcel shelf that covers the boot area, but the false floor doesn't come with any UK-spec Yaris Mk4. You can buy it but I bet it's ridiculously expensive for what is essentially a moulded bit of plastic/board.

I agree with Cyker, there definitely should be a parcel shelf, no question about that. Several questions spring to mind immediately, 1: Did you buy the car from a Toyota dealership??. Why didn’t the dealership not spot the missing parcel shelf. I wonder if they actually did a PDI on the car. The boot in the Yaris is already small I cannot see the value in raising the level of the floor and actually making it smaller!!. 

16 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

The boot in the Yaris is already small I cannot see the value in raising the level of the floor and actually making it smaller!!. 

I have a Mk3 and trying to drag a case of wine out of the 'well' vs a level floor as created by the optional floor is worth a lot of value to my back. 🙂

The extra floor is incredibly light (I'd guess it's a reinforced Shell with a foam core) and is a doddle to pull out when the volume is important, like holiday time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeSh said:

I have a Mk3 and trying to drag a case of wine out of the 'well' vs a level floor as created by the optional floor is worth a lot of value to my back. 🙂

The extra floor is incredibly light (I'd guess it's a reinforced shell with a foam core) and is a doddle to pull out when the volume is important, like holiday time.

I get my butler to lift out my cases of wine Mike 😂🤣🍾

• Haha 2

I made a raised floor using 9mm MDF and black car carpet. About £20! Also now high enough to accomodate a full size spare in the well.

Stronger than the original cardboard example. Easily takes the weight of the cases of plonk.

Yes, there should be a "parcel shelf". Don't place the wine on that! Or a parcel.

13 hours ago, mrpj said:

Stronger than the original cardboard example.

If you mean the thing that sits across, and is supported by, the spare, then yes.

But the Toyota 'raised' floor is nothing like that.

11 hours ago, MikeSh said:

But the Toyota 'raised' floor is nothing like that.

Maybe a bit stronger but, I suspect, nowhere near as strong as the floor I made and what, 1/6 of their price.:ph34r:

4 hours ago, mrpj said:

Maybe a bit stronger but, I suspect, nowhere near as strong as the floor I made and what, 1/6 of their price.:ph34r:

I think the one I have (for the MK3, the MK4 one might be different material) is probably stronger than 9mm MDF. With the back seats down and parcel shelf out I can kneel in the middle of it (~65kg). It flexes maybe 5-10mm.

On 7/28/2021 at 9:25 PM, Bernard Foy said:

I agree with Cyker, there definitely should be a parcel shelf, no question about that. Several questions spring to mind immediately, 1: Did you buy the car from a Toyota dealership??. Why didn’t the dealership not spot the missing parcel shelf. I wonder if they actually did a PDI on the car. The boot in the Yaris is already small I cannot see the value in raising the level of the floor and actually making it smaller!!. 

The extra floor in the boot is very handy for concealing things of value from prying eyes if you don’t have a parcel shelf.!

yes I did buy this car from a main Toyota dealer in crawley, they appear to be too busy to reply to an e mail I sent them about the missing item , I had to ask for a rear seat release button that was missing, I had to send them a photo of the missing button to prove it wasn’t there in place,! You couldn’t make it up, and I suppose they will ask for a photo of the missing parcel shelf I haven’t got also, 

ps, I did phone them but the sales team were all too busy so an e mail was sent to the said sales team by the receptionist , isn’t technology wonderful.!!

will keep you informed if anything happens, but I’m not holding my breath.

• Sad 1

Yeah, I had a similar experience - Had to actually go and visit them in person to get anything done most of the time.

Whenever they wanted money off me they were right in there calling and e-mailing and responding, but when they got it suddenly the communication dropped off a cliff again.

To be fair the sales agent wasn't too bad, at least he did reply regularly if delayed and devoid of much useful information most of the time, but with the rest of the staff it was like they didn't exist unless I visited the centre. Schrodinger's Toyota Franchise perhaps? :laugh: 

On 7/30/2021 at 3:20 PM, MikeSh said:

I think the one I have (for the MK3, the MK4 one might be different material) is probably stronger than 9mm MDF. With the back seats down and parcel shelf out I can kneel in the middle of it (~65kg). It flexes maybe 5-10mm.

I have the exact stiff cardboard template for my previous MK3 Yaris and it doesn’t fit my MK4 at all which is a different shape 😡

4 hours ago, moby2 said:

The extra floor in the boot is very handy for concealing things of value from prying eyes if you don’t have a parcel shelf.!

yes I did buy this car from a main Toyota dealer in crawley, they appear to be too busy to reply to an e mail I sent them about the missing item , I had to ask for a rear seat release button that was missing, I had to send them a photo of the missing button to prove it wasn’t there in place,! You couldn’t make it up, and I suppose they will ask for a photo of the missing parcel shelf I haven’t got also, 

ps, I did phone them but the sales team were all too busy so an e mail was sent to the said sales team by the receptionist , isn’t technology wonderful.!!

will keep you informed if anything happens, but I’m not holding my breath.

That’s a serious complaint and if it’s not resolved to your satisfaction within 14 days I would launch a query with Toyota UK. Frosty or some other knowledgeable posters will have an address and phone number for them.

Phoned the sales manager and he agreed it should have a parcel shelf, none in stock (that’s probably how mine disappeared,!)so will order one, will be a few days. We shall see.