Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket Bluetooth fitted but I don't know how to use it

naikon

Hello

When I bought my Avensis '08 last year I noticed it had bluetooth installed. During the testdrive the owners phone was connected which I thought was great

Still to this day I have no idea how to use it or connect my own phone. It feels like Ive pressed all the possible button combinations but to no avail. And previous owner doesnt respond to my question. 

Here are some pictures of the radio unit and the bluetooth mic in the roof: https://imgur.com/a/dAvIuae 

Does anyone have any ideas of how to connect my phone? Is this some kind of aftermarket thing?

2 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

What country are you in and is there a control interface ?

Sweden, I attached a picture of the radio stack. I cant find any bluetooth interface unless it's hidden somewhere 

It may be possible you have a Toyota ( steering wheel control ) blue tooth kit installed, try THIS

10 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

It may be possible you have a Toyota ( steering wheel control ) blue tooth kit installed, try THIS

Thank you for the guide. It looked promising, but then pairing a device according to the manual, the radio just goes quiet inside the car when I'm holding the "Mode" button on the steering wheel. There should be a speaker voice asking for my command, but its just dead silent.

Could add that I also tried reseting it according to the manual. 

Turn off ignition, hold "Down" and "Mode" on steering wheel, turn on ignition, wait 15 seconds but nothing happens.

On 8/2/2021 at 12:54 PM, flash22 said:

do you get a voice prompt if you press and hold the mode button

No I do not. But it does mute the radio for some seconds when i hold it. But no voice