Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Choosing an Avensis.. please help!

Monmon

10 minutes ago, 2009joe said:

quick question that yaris you are talking about the 59 plate Yaris with a 1.4 Diesel engine and 6 speed box do they do any newer ones with the toyota 1.4 diesel turbo engine without the dpf thing and well hope with a handbreak .kina looking for a car for the wife .thinking about the yaris but half thinking about a petrol one 1.4vtti or something like that  something that has a handbrake 

With the Yaris dpf came in sometime 2010, so you got to be careful. Yes, it had a standard handbrake. And some had a 5 speed box, the wife had one and every time I drove it I was wanting to snik into another gear..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monmon said:

Hello to all!

I'm currently a stressed out owner of a 2010 1.6l R56 Mini one and I've grown tired of the rattles, engine light being on more than not, driving with my windows down to figure out any new noises and what needs fixing. Mini was a dream and should've been left as such perhaps. 

Im looking to buy a used Avensis as I've heard of their bulletproof reliability and that is what I need the most right now. My budget is up to £3000 and I'm quite lost as to which model to look at. There are plenty of second gen ones (2005/8 etc) but I've seen a few of third gen examples with higher miles (150,000). I'm only looking at diesels having read many forums that say they're more reliable in the long run. 

What do you guys think? I'm more drawn to the newer models because of spec and possibly higher resale value but the mileage is scary. I can afford servicing and basic maintenance but expensive repairs aren't in my 'minimum wage veterinary nurse' budget.

I've linked a few examples I thought might be worth it? 

Please let me know your thoughts. I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107124911320?advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=4500&postcode=ST4 4DP&model=AVENSIS&sort=mileage&page=3&make=TOYOTA&include-delivery-option=on&modal=photos

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107124927635?advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=4500&postcode=ST4 4DP&model=AVENSIS&sort=mileage&page=3&make=TOYOTA&include-delivery-option=on&modal=photos

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107124928755?advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=4000&postcode=ST4 4DP&model=AVENSIS&sort=mileage&page=18&make=TOYOTA&include-delivery-option=on

the first toyots seems nice black one there but u might need to run a car fax scan on it think ist about £9.99 or £19.99 something like that but nice car . the problem with toyota avensis with the 2.0 d4d diesel engine is i notice there sluggish when starting off.but when up the gears its ok. plus if u come from a handbreak car well the push button one is a pain to use and takes a bit of getting used to. i bought a 2014 toyota avensis business edt with 38k on it for £7500 nice car .but there a bit of getting used to coming from a vw group car with the 1.9 tdi engine 

14 hours ago, 2009joe said:

the first toyots seems nice black one there but u might need to run a car fax scan on it think ist about £9.99 or £19.99 something like that but nice car . the problem with toyota avensis with the 2.0 d4d diesel engine is i notice there sluggish when starting off.but when up the gears its ok. plus if u come from a handbreak car well the push button one is a pain to use and takes a bit of getting used to. i bought a 2014 toyota avensis business edt with 38k on it for £7500 nice car .but there a bit of getting used to coming from a vw group car with the 1.9 tdi engine 

It does look nice but I was thinking how is it possible to wreck the drivers seat so much in so little miles?? Would the miles be fake? Just a little strange to say the least!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Monmon said:

It does look nice but I was thinking how is it possible to wreck the drivers seat so much in so little miles?? Would the miles be fake? Just a little strange to say the least!

Monika the seat condition was the first thing that stood out a mile for me, I wouldn’t touch that car with a barge pole. It’s also useful to remember a lot of Avensis were used as taxis. That’s why I advised a car with full verified Toyota service history.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Monmon said:

suppose that could be true ud never know it could have been clocked. i got mine threw the British car auction site a buddy of mine sells cars so i looked to waht i want and he put a bid on it i just needed to know how car could go up to .needless to say i won it and got it .its a nice clean genuine miles one 

23 hours ago, Monmon said:

Hello to all!

I'm currently a stressed out owner of a 2010 1.6l R56 Mini one and I've grown tired of the rattles, engine light being on more than not, driving with my windows down to figure out any new noises and what needs fixing. Mini was a dream and should've been left as such perhaps. 

Im looking to buy a used Avensis as I've heard of their bulletproof reliability and that is what I need the most right now. My budget is up to £3000 and I'm quite lost as to which model to look at. There are plenty of second gen ones (2005/8 etc) but I've seen a few of third gen examples with higher miles (150,000). I'm only looking at diesels having read many forums that say they're more reliable in the long run. 

What do you guys think? I'm more drawn to the newer models because of spec and possibly higher resale value but the mileage is scary. I can afford servicing and basic maintenance but expensive repairs aren't in my 'minimum wage veterinary nurse' budget.

I've linked a few examples I thought might be worth it? 

Please let me know your thoughts. I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107124911320?advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=4500&postcode=ST4 4DP&model=AVENSIS&sort=mileage&page=3&make=TOYOTA&include-delivery-option=on&modal=photos

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107124927635?advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=4500&postcode=ST4 4DP&model=AVENSIS&sort=mileage&page=3&make=TOYOTA&include-delivery-option=on&modal=photos

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107124928755?advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=4000&postcode=ST4 4DP&model=AVENSIS&sort=mileage&page=18&make=TOYOTA&include-delivery-option=on

what about this one its a auction u need to know a friend who sells cars to get it i think 

https://www.bca.co.uk/lot/RO12YCN?VehId=2e87e650-a53f-4259-8ec2-e73c4a986ac6&FromSearch=true&searchQuery=q=&bq=make_exact%3ATOYOTA|model_exact%3AAVENSIS|fueltype_exact%3ADiesel|bodytype_exact%3ASaloon|enginecapacity_exact%3A2.0&sort=RegistrationDate&missingMileage=True&awaitingAppraisal=True&page=1&extraFiltersActive=true&returnTo=RO12YCN&promoAppliedSets=&Source=Search&vrm=RO12YCN&CID=&selectedVehicleIds=

1 hour ago, 2009joe said:

Monika, in your early post you stated that you were not an expert on assessing cars. So my advice is don’t go near a car auction. I know that some good cars can be bought at the auctions, but they are bought by people who know exactly what they are doing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Monika, in your early post you stated that you were not an expert on assessing cars. So my advice is don’t go near a car auction. I know that some good cars can be bought at the auctions, but they are bought by people who know exactly what they are doing.

tbh think most low miles cars that see for sale some come from auctions .tbh thats why when i was looking i did background check on the car and got the info on it with car fax .then i knew was good plus when goyt mine was genuine only 37k on it and full toyota serviced .until by me now lol.but if not know much about auction its hard to say if see ones with 70k or whatever im guessing god knows then .i hope u find one and its a good one for you with plenty of driving 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links