Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

2 minutes ago, Auris TSpirit said:

same here I went mad as well 😄 wanted only the best for myself to enjoy 🙂 in the Excel Spec anyway.

🤣😂🤣 I like your style👍

Mine's a Premiere AWD.

Looked at Premier but certain things I could not add Panao Roof and not a fan of Bi Tone ie black roof as the seagull mess would be eating into it so went for the Excel as the next best thing.

PS a Corolla is 14 week delivery was just  interested 😄

I originally looked at the Excel with a panoramic roof. But fancied the all leather seats and JBL.

To be fair the last time I had a panoramic roof on a car I rarely used it...🤷‍♂️

Yeah, almost everyone I know always has the pano roof covered as it turns the car into a greenhouse!!

I'd much prefer a tilt and slide sunroof like my old Mk1 Yaris had - Much stronger and usable for ventilation as well as light!

20 hours ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, almost everyone I know always has the pano roof covered as it turns the car into a greenhouse!!

I'd much prefer a tilt and slide sunroof like my old Mk1 Yaris had - Much stronger and usable for ventilation as well as light!

Never Had a Pano Roof so decided to get the Yaris Cross with one for a change the segulls making a mess of especially the roof in Summer atleast I can take it off the roof much easier but also allow alot more light in.

I'm having the glass roof as well, really miss the glass sunroof from the rav xtr i had, apart from that i keep getting orange rail dust/industrial fall out spots on the white roof of my ssangyong, be easier to get it off a glass roof.

Just a pain that my car's been delayed 😞 ordered too much tech so not enough chips for it 😄

• Haha 1

Keep it simple I say,  no chips -  no problem. Just go back to the days where you stick you hand out the window to turn left/right or slow down, and you operated window wipers by hand. Who remembers the “good old days”.???

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wow starting a car by pulling out the choke first......nah, lots of chips is definitely the way forward. High spec and long wait🤷‍♂️ But worth it.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First popcorn now chips you're all obsessed with food! :laugh: 

4 hours ago, Catlover said:

Keep it simple I say,  no chips -  no problem. Just go back to the days where you stick you hand out the window to turn left/right or slow down, and you operated window wipers by hand. Who remembers the “good old days”.???

Back in my proper driving days, 32 tonne atkinson, 200bhp,6 speed constant mesh box,no power steering,no heater,air operated wipers, passenger window held up by a piece of wood,scraping ice off the inside of the windscreen after i got out of bed, 1979,23 years old tramping throughout the uk,bliss.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, atkiman said:

Back in my proper driving days, 32 tonne atkinson, 200bhp,6 speed constant mesh box,no power steering,no heater,air operated wipers, passenger window held up by a piece of wood,scraping ice off the inside of the windscreen after i got out of bed, 1979,23 years old tramping throughout the uk,bliss.

I got my HGV courtesy of the Army (@19 & before I could have as a civvy)  driving Bedford RLs, pretty much the same 😛

4 hours ago, Catlover said:

First car was 1966 beetle. Speedo, fuel gauge that was it. The screen wash was powered by the air from the spare tyre. That tyre sat in a well at the front of the car and was a magnet for rust. Heater supplied air from the engine. The flaps rusted and mine did so in the open position. Had to stick socks in them to block the heat. No fun in the summer. But it was my first car 😘 6 volt system, the lights were really useless.

Almost forgot crossply tyres, yes I could drift that car on a roundabout. Nothing to do with power, lack of grip from those terrible tyres.

ABS was a term I hadn’t heard of.

• Like 1

Hang on, I think that I can hear 4 Yorkshiremen ... 🤣

• Haha 1

😂🤣Just waiting for Fred Flintstone to post complaining about calloused feet...🤔

You there Fred.....yabba, dabba, do😂🤣

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scar said:

First car was 1966 beetle. Speedo, fuel gauge that was it. The screen wash was powered by the air from the spare tyre. That tyre sat in a well at the front of the car and was a magnet for rust. Heater supplied air from the engine. The flaps rusted and mine did so in the open position. Had to stick socks in them to block the heat. No fun in the summer. But it was my first car 😘 6 volt system, the lights were really useless.

Almost forgot crossply tyres, yes I could drift that car on a roundabout. Nothing to do with power, lack of grip from those terrible tyres.

ABS was a term I hadn’t heard of.

My first car was also a 1966 Beetle. I spent many a happy hour with my head in the engine bay and lying underneath it doing mechanicals.

I now have a Yaris Cross on order delayed until November. The only comparison between the two cars is the colour - Red.

5 minutes ago, PJR77 said:

I now have a Yaris Cross on order delayed until November. The only comparison between the two cars is the colour - Red.

Delayed till the same month hope we are both lucky and arrived then 🙂

12 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Hang on, I think that I can hear 4 Yorkshiremen ... 🤣

I suffer from tinnitus.

You should seek the services of an audiologist. Your condition may be unique.

3 hours ago, Thegeeza said:

😂🤣Just waiting for Fred Flintstone to post complaining about calloused feet...🤔

You there Fred.....yabba, dabba, do😂🤣

Michelin flip flops are a remedy, at least for the rich folk down south. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a Yaris Cross "Premiere" in 'Brass Gold' on August 31st, dealer stated "November-ish" (though I note it says November 30th on the order), but just wondered if (A) Has anyone actually taken delivery of one yet?   And (B)Have others with orders in managed a more accurate delivery date from either the dealership or the MyT app?

For myself, the MyT app just says the order is 'Processing', which presumably can mean anything. Maybe I've just been lucky in the past, but in my 57 years of driving, the longest I've had to wait for new car delivery has been about 10 days. Luckily, although the dealer has already bought my previous car from me in readiness, my Wife has a car also, which is fortunate, since living in a rural village with an almost non-existent bus service, we'd be stuffed otherwise. 

Keith.

37 minutes ago, Goinker said:

Ordered a Yaris Cross "Premiere" in 'Brass Gold' on August 31st, dealer stated "November-ish" (though I note it says November 30th on the order), but just wondered if (A) Has anyone actually taken delivery of one yet?   And (B)Have others with orders in managed a more accurate delivery date from either the dealership or the MyT app?

For myself, the MyT app just says the order is 'Processing', which presumably can mean anything. Maybe I've just been lucky in the past, but in my 57 years of driving, the longest I've had to wait for new car delivery has been about 10 days ...

Hi Keith,

I'm in a similar position to you, but for a Yaris IV HB, ordered the same day as you ! That day we were with the manager of the dealership, and a salesman announced November as a delivery date for a Cross, but the manager was more reserved, suggesting December. 

Waiting 10 days for a new car ? That means it was in stock somewhere close by. Most Japanese manufacturers "Build to Stock", whereas European manufacturers "Built to Order". I worked for Renault for a while, and, I don't recall exactly, but the quickest a car built to order would take is about 6 weeks. Things are changing and more cars are built to stock, and the options are less. Rather the options come in packs. Although, from where I am in France, it would appear that UK buyers have more "à la carte" choices, than French buyers.

My Yaris is not even in MyT yet, and my delivery date is December/January. The Yaris Cross is/will sell like hotcakes, I think, it's what we wanted to order before our test drives of the Yaris/Yaris Cross. We much preferred the HB. Yaris Cross production has reduced Yaris HB output, until the Czech Toyota factory is producing the HB.

Edited by Stopeter44
Extra info

4 hours ago, Goinker said:

For myself, the MyT app just says the order is 'Processing', which presumably can mean anything. Maybe I've just been lucky in the past, but in my 57 years of driving, the longest I've had to wait for new car delivery has been about 10 days. Luckily, although the dealer has already bought my previous car from me in readiness, my Wife has a car also, which is fortunate, since living in a rural village with an almost non-existent bus service, we'd be stuffed otherwise. 

Keith.

Hi Keith,

Ordered my Yaris Cross Excel with a few extras on the 14th July, chased up late August early September was told at dealer 17-24th September, chased up 17th September and was told due to chip shortage there is a delay and now build October with Dealer 15th November, spoke with my local dealer I know well (Didn't order with) all the orders they had were all 2022 delivery dates some people cancelled the order they had some took what showroom models of what they had in there, am wondering if mine has slipped over to then really hope not though 😞

Hi Peter.

As it happens, my previous 'Wait' for a car was indeed a Renault, way back in 1987, and at the time, "New" registrations changed just on August 1st as I recall. Unfortunately, that happened to coincide with the French factory holiday period where nothing moved for around a month, so getting one was indeed whatever happened to be in stock in the UK at the time. As I wanted a particular specification, I had to accept my second choice of colour, and back then as now, since I wanted an automatic, these were somewhat thin on the ground so it was "Hobsons Choice". Although I've ordered the "Premiere" version of the "Cross", I would have preferred the option of a panoramic glass roof, but this isn't an option on that version, and the "Brass Gold" colour isn't an option on lower versions where the Panoramic roof is, so again, it's a "Hobsons Choice". The alternative would have again been a Renault, the "Kadjar" in 2WD, but I much prefer the Yaris Cross if I'm honest.

The dealership has the exact colour/spec of car I want in the showroom, but won't sell it to me as they don't know when replacements will be available, frustrating, but that's life I guess!

Keith.

10 minutes ago, Goinker said:

Hi Peter.

As it happens, my previous 'Wait' for a car was indeed a Renault, way back in 1987, and at the time, "New" registrations changed just on August 1st as I recall. Unfortunately, that happened to coincide with the French factory holiday period where nothing moved for around a month, so getting one was indeed whatever happened to be in stock in the UK at the time. As I wanted a particular specification, I had to accept my second choice of colour, and back then as now, since I wanted an automatic, these were somewhat thin on the ground so it was "Hobsons Choice". Although I've ordered the "Premiere" version of the "Cross", I would have preferred the option of a panoramic glass roof, but this isn't an option on that version, and the "Brass Gold" colour isn't an option on lower versions where the Panoramic roof is, so again, it's a "Hobsons Choice". The alternative would have again been a Renault, the "Kadjar" in 2WD, but I much prefer the Yaris Cross if I'm honest.

Keith.

If you lived in France you'd have the Premiere edition just the way you want it!, but I see that on the UK premiere edition the choices of colour are considerably wider.

I waited 3 months for may last "new" car, but that was because I bought an in stock model as a dealer demo, and 3 months had to go by before the dealer could, or would, sell it as a used car. It had less than 1800 km on it, when I drove it away for the first time, and it smelt and felt like a new car.

I missed your edit when I first posted. Official launch was 16/09/2021 in France and at the time my local dealer had 3 models in stock, the Premiere edition as a demo, with the 18" wheels, and an equivalent top of the line model, as well as the mid level "Design" trim. We test drove about a week before we ordered our car, but there were already 2 used models available, nationwide, on the Toyota France website. The catch was that there was a premium, over the new car price, to buy one of them. 

As I write this there are now 58 demos available, but hardly cheaper than a model ordered new.

Edited by Stopeter44
response to previous post edit