Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

On 10/23/2021 at 10:37 PM, Cyker said:

Yeah, had that in my Mk4 when I got it too - 60 psi!! It's like they hadn't bothered to drop the pressures from transport PSI!!

On a tangent, I notice the Yaris Cross seems to have adjustable lumbar support on the driver's seat - Is that the case??

If so... does anyone know if you can retrofit one into a normal Mk4 Yaris...? :naughty:(Seriously the driver's seat in the Mk4 Yaris, at least the Excel one, is awful!)

If it's any consolation to all you guys in the UK, I ordered mine, a LHD Yaris Cross Style here in Spain, doesn't seem to have an exact equivalent to the UK models, but 3rd up from base out of 4 if you see what I mean, no extras and Oliva Bronce colour, ie no premium paint job. Was told 6-8 weeks for delivery and currently at 8.5 weeks and not a sign and yes I am checking MyT about every 2 hours.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dexter290 said:

If it's any consolation to all you guys in the UK, I ordered mine, a LHD Yaris Cross Style here in Spain, doesn't seem to have an exact equivalent to the UK models, but 3rd up from base out of 4 if you see what I mean, no extras and Oliva Bronce colour, ie no premium paint job. Was told 6-8 weeks for delivery and currently at 8.5 weeks and not a sign and yes I am checking MyT about every 2 hours.

I think everyone is experiencing the same issue.

It does seem however that, the more you "spec" up your car, the longer it will take to get. 

I've got every bit of tech available for the Premier model in the UK as extra so I'm expecting a looooong wait.🤷‍♂️

Keep us updated if you hear any news on yours.

Just spoken to the dealer this morning, now expected end of January, sigh! He also said that orders he is taking now will be August 22 delivery and that order numbers are much higher than they expected.

11 minutes ago, Dexter290 said:

Just spoken to the dealer this morning, now expected end of January, sigh! He also said that orders he is taking now will be August 22 delivery and that order numbers are much higher than they expected.

Looks like they got something right! It’s interesting perusing the various European websites. Some countries get “higher” specifications overall than others. I haven’t specifically looked at the cross, but for the Yaris, in Spain, you have to go to the higher spec models to get the LED headlights. I was also expecting the PT and ES specifications to be identical, but they are not.

28 minutes ago, Dexter290 said:

Looks like it's going to be a popular car🤔

I'm glad I got my order in when I but when I'll get the car is another story a few weeks back I was quoted 22nd November but maybe that date has slipped but I'll wait for the call when it's here 😄

33 minutes ago, Auris TSpirit said:

I'm glad I got my order in when I but when I'll get the car is another story a few weeks back I was quoted 22nd November but maybe that date has slipped but I'll wait for the call when it's here 😄

Glad I got mine in relatively early too😁

The date from my dealer was originally 30th December and is now 9th December both seem doubtful in my opinion.

Although I'm happy for the members here who say their car is delivered it really is a downer when I find out they ordered theirs a lot later than I did😥

I hear depends on the Model and how much tech 😄

1 hour ago, Stopeter44 said:

Looks like they got something right! It’s interesting perusing the various European websites. Some countries get “higher” specifications overall than others. I haven’t specifically looked at the cross, but for the Yaris, in Spain, you have to go to the higher spec models to get the LED headlights. I was also expecting the PT and ES specifications to be identical, but they are not.

Yes it's interesting looking around at the differences by country, saw a YouTube video from Romania showing a non hybrid version with manual gearbox and the Aussie interiors are ghastly.

Edited by Dexter290
missed word.

@Dexter290 I presume you mean the Yaris Cross with a manual gearbox, some people just can't adjust to change, and I suppose it's what the local market will bear. After all, Dacia (the Roman name for Romania) was originally touted as purely for low cost markets. 

• Like 1

There are base specs S, R, N and G, then the local importer can change those specifications to suit the local market

In the UK we only get the hybrid and not the 1.0 or 1.5 Manual/CVT (Yaris and Cross), we also don't get the cold weather pack - heated seats and heated steering wheel

TBH most cars are going auto as they can make the cars more efficient

Dacia is Renault for the eastern European market they produce some of the most basic cars on the market, No radio, wind up windows and no power anything

19 hours ago, Dexter290 said:

…but 3rd up from base out of 4 if you see what I mean, no extras and Oliva Bronce colour, ie no premium paint job.

Funny how the base colour is Olive Bronze in Spain. I noticed that basic white is extra, 200€, if I am not mistaken. In France your base colour is a 550€ extra (Olive Bronze), whereas the white is the base colour.

On 10/28/2021 at 7:08 PM, Stopeter44 said:

Funny how the base colour is Olive Bronze in Spain. I noticed that basic white is extra, 200€, if I am not mistaken. In France your base colour is a 550€ extra (Olive Bronze), whereas the white is the base colour.

Colour was the wife's choice,  I wanted the dark metallic red that's available on the Yaris here but not the Cross. The other odd thing is it will have heated seats, can't see them getting much use even though we do live in the mountains.

2 minutes ago, Dexter290 said:

The other odd thing is it will have heated seats, can't see them getting much use even though we do live in the mountains.

Well, I wanted that option on the Yaris, but didn't want the other things that came with. Like the leather seats or the black headliner. I too, thought, heated seats ? Who needs that ?

What I didn't realise, is that a hybrid runs the ICE much less than a regular ICE car, so keeping warm in the winter is not as easy as with ICE.

We live at 550 metres altitude, not exactly high mountains but enough to be at least 2° C cooler all year round than the villages on the plane about 12 km away, and another 12 km away it's 2°C cooler than us. I think you'll learn to love those heated sets. You won't need to run the heating so hard when it's cooler to be comfortable.

No problems for Toyota hybrids to keep interior temperature in cold days, just increase the temp settings more and ice will kick in more often to produce heat. Conventional ice cars use around a 0.9-1ltr petrol per hour when idle but the hybrid will use half of that or even less since it switches on and off few times in that one hour idle for example when used in winter. Tbh having a heated seats and ice cold air around you is as comfortable as seating outside for a dinner and having a gas heaters blowing at you, hahah at least for me. I like to be room temperature inside the car all year round. Sometimes in winter I keep my car in ready mode for hours to have heat and be comfortable while having a break at work, good for the 12v Battery too 😉👌👍

• Thanks 1

I just wear my coat in the car :laugh: 

It is the one thing the Mk2 did much better as that car was toasty warm before I got onto the dual-carriageway!! Alas you can't have an efficient car and lots of waste heat to keep the car warm!

I feel the Mk4 will be quite a chilly place to be in winter tho' - Even set to 26C mine never really gets warm inside, and at 28C the fan just runs at full power all the time!

My Yaris cross Excel was 17th November got a call from dealer been put back to March 22.was told all dealers are all suffering with parts shortages.

not much you can do just hope it’s sooner than later.😃

2 minutes ago, Clubman42 said:

My Yaris cross Excel was 17th November got a call from dealer been put back to March 22.was told all dealers are all suffering with parts shortages.

There is a world wide shortage of chips, and a car is full of them, as are mobile phones, computers and numerous other items people buy. As you say, not a lot you can do.

Asked if the price we agreed would be honoured he replied yes secondhand cars are holding their value.

That takes the pressure off now looking forward to getting my new Yaris cross fingers crossed.😃

6 minutes ago, Clubman42 said:

Asked if the price we agreed would be honoured he replied yes secondhand cars are holding their value.

That takes the pressure off now looking forward to getting my new Yaris cross fingers crossed.😃

As the Great Man once said "Oral promises are not worth the paper they are not written on"

Get it in writing or suffer the consequences.👍

8 hours ago, Clubman42 said:

When did you order yours?

5 minutes ago, Clubman42 said:

Ordered my car 🚘 26th August 

Thanks for clarifying your order date as alot ordered slightly earlier or around same time so it's nice to know what you've been told, also added as my signature date ordered and spec 🙂

You are right John p.

going to phone dealership and get it in writing ✍️ and see what is reply’s is.

lets hoping he agrees. 

• Like 1