Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

40 minutes ago, Clubman42 said:

Ordered my car 🚘 26th August 

Thanks for the info.

As Auris said a lot have been ordered around the same time.

Would love to know how the factory decides which car orders are to be built.🤔

20 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

We live at 550 metres altitude, not exactly high mountains but enough to be at least 2° C cooler all year round than the villages on the plane about 12 km away, and another 12 km away it's 2°C cooler than us. I think you'll learn to love those heated sets. You won't need to run the heating so hard when it's cooler to be comfortable.

We're just shy of 900 metres, south facing, been here 3 years now and have only had the Verso heater on full a few times and it usually gets turned down to half by the time we get town about 5km away.

21 hours ago, Clubman42 said:

My Yaris cross Excel was 17th November got a call from dealer been put back to March 22.was told all dealers are all suffering with parts shortages.

not much you can do just hope it’s sooner than later.😃

Brian, can I ask if you added any packs to your Excel ? I ordered mine on 31st of august and was given a delivery time as the end of November. I had initially wanted the city pack added but was told I wouldn’t get that spec until March. I’ve heard nothing from the dealer since the end of September.

Jimmy.

2 minutes ago, JimmyHay said:

I had initially wanted the city pack added but was told I wouldn’t get that spec until March

Really as thats the pack I ordered as well from the beggining I hope it's not delayed till March 😞

2 minutes ago, Auris TSpirit said:

Really as thats the pack I ordered as well from the beggining I hope it's not delayed till March 😞

Ahhh, I see your spec now, I just opted for the Black excel with no extras so fingers crossed . I’ll give the dealer a call on Monday and see if he has any news.

I emailed the company I ordered from 2/3 weeks ago and was told it was still showing 22nd November and they said they would keep me updatedso we'll see I hope it's not changed to 2022 😞

19 hours ago, Auris TSpirit said:

I've got that pack too🤦‍♂️

City pack pack add extra £100 though at that price it was worth it.

16 minutes ago, Clubman42 said:

City pack pack add extra £100 though at that price it was worth it.

For what it added it seemed worth it for me 🙂

Would have liked to have the head up display but not a extra 

I think the way Toyota have done the different models and what they come with as standard and extra's is very odd like the Pano Roof ont some models but not all.

Yes, really frustrating. I love the HUD and would have happily accepted heated seats, but don't want an all black interior, nor oversize rims (17" on the Yaris, or 18" on the Yaris Cross). I don't particularly want the JBL upgraded sound system (curiously most people don't care about sound at home, but stump extra for the car).

Haha, I had the opposite issue - Wanted the HUD but didn't want the light interior of the Yaris Mk4 Excel. No choice!

If I'd known how awful the 'sport seats' in the Dynamic and Excel were I'd have added that to my list of things I wanted changed when I e-mailed Toyota UK!

I wonder if Toyota have some sort of survey form they use to find out what their customers want, as I don't know how they're coming to the spec decisions they are currently...!

I've even e-mailed them a few times in the past and when the Mk4 came out to try and nudge them to more sane choices...

9 minutes ago, Cyker said:

If I'd known how awful the 'sport seats' in the Dynamic and Excel were I'd have added that to my list of things I wanted changed when I e-mailed Toyota UK!

Strange ?  Looking at the detail specs of both grades, there’s no mention of “sports seats” ?

10 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Haha, I had the opposite issue - Wanted the HUD but didn't want the light interior of the Yaris Mk4 Excel. No choice!

How long did it take for you to get a "feel" for the Yaris 'sports seats' ? In my current car, I can't do more than 150km without a 2-5 stretch and walk around the car. Yet on a rental Hyundai (Sonata, or some such) I could do 200 miles at a stretch without feeling fatigue, although apart from the driver position, that I just don't seem to be able to get right, my car is better!

1 hour ago, Graham47 said:

Strange ?  Looking at the detail specs of both grades, there’s no mention of “sports seats” ?

Sorry, I was talking about the normal Yaris, not the Cross.

1 hour ago, Stopeter44 said:

How long did it take for you to get a "feel" for the Yaris 'sports seats' ? In my current car, I can't do more than 150km without a 2-5 stretch and walk around the car. Yet on a rental Hyundai (Sonata, or some such) I could do 200 miles at a stretch without feeling fatigue, although apart from the driver position, that I just don't seem to be able to get right, my car is better!

TBH I haven't - I have a big fluffy rolled up towel that lives permanently in the driver's seat and acts as a rudimentary adjustable lumbar support - This has helped a lot, esp. on long journeys!

This is why I want to nick the seats out of a Cross, as that and the Corolla have electronic lumbar support adjustment...

I don't know why, as they don't look that different to normal car seats, but these are easily the least comfortable seats I've been in out of the Mk4, Mk2 and Mk1 Yaris!

5 minutes ago, Cyker said:

This is why I want to nick the seats out of a Cross

Your not having my seats 😄

Drat! Uh, I mean, I would never think of such a thing good sir! ... :whistling: :laugh: 

Unless you've been to the factory and changed your seats for mine 😄

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Cyker said:

Sorry, I was talking about the normal Yaris, not the Cross.

So was I !
Both dynamic and excel Yaris grade specs make no mention of “sports” seats.

Indeed, if you look at a preview of the ‘faux’ leather white seats in the excel during a ‘build’ they look very ‘un-sports’ like ?

1 hour ago, Graham47 said:

Indeed, if you look at a preview of the ‘faux’ leather white seats in the excel during a ‘build’ they look very ‘un-sports’ like ?

P.37 of Brochure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

P.37 of Brochure.

Thank you….(teach me to rely solely on configurator !)

Hi, can anyone say how reliable the my Toyota app is. I just visited my dealer and he is saying my delivery date has been put back to the first week in January but on the App , which I have just been able to access today it says my car is in Derbyshire awaiting delivery to the dealer.

6 minutes ago, JimmyHay said:

Hi, can anyone say how reliable the my Toyota app is. I just visited my dealer and he is saying my delivery date has been put back to the first week in January but on the App , which I have just been able to access today it says my car is in Derbyshire awaiting delivery to the dealer.

Hi Jimmy, have a look at my posts in page 6. 😉

To give a feedback on the Cross’ seats, I have been sitting very comfortably in my Excel’s with some lumbar support added. I sat in a Kia Niro, Peugeot 5008 before on medium to long trips and I found them particularly uncomfortable even with lumbar support. But the longest journey I’ve made without stops so far was of 50 miles. I am 186cm/97kg for reference.

Efficiency-wise I’ve been doing a very consistent 52 to 57mpg, but very rarely I’ve managed to go down to 42 and up to 62. Also I am not the slowest of the drivers but never over 70mph on motorways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JimmyHay said:

I found it to be accurate and quite enjoyed watching its progress. I would get the dealer to double-check his info as the car is quite likely to turn up within a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links