Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

I received my processing email with the accompanying map update on MyT 6 weeks ago and as yet my car has still not gone into build. Admittedly this obviously takes in the Xmas holiday period but I was just wondering if anyone else has waited this long or longer before build begins?

On 1/29/2022 at 10:01 PM, atkiman said:

Mine arrived in northampton last wednesday. 

Have you collected yet? 

On 1/29/2022 at 10:01 PM, atkiman said:

Mine arrived in northampton last wednesday. 

If its the Northampton Toyota dealer I'm visiting there later today, what colour did you ordered?

I could see if I can spot it 😉

7 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

If its the Northampton Toyota dealer I'm visiting there later today, what colour did you ordered?

I could see if I can spot it 😉

Yes in Northampton and its Gold

2 minutes ago, bapodra said:

Yes in Northampton and its Gold

Ill see if I can spot it later today then 😉

1 minute ago, forkingabout said:

Ill see if I can spot it later today then 😉

thank you very much 🙂

Dear Thegeeza, I ordered an Excel Cross on the 20th Oct 2021 and was given an estimated delivery time of 31stMarch 2022 on the order form . This went straight on to MyT as processing however I didn't receive an email from Toyota confirming processing with the attached map until the 22nd Dec 2021. According to MyT the car is not in build yet 2nd Feb but I have been in touch with my dealer last week who assures me the original ETA on the order form is still correct. The dealers are supposed to have the most up to date info from Toyota according to customer services. FWIW the salesman did say that in he thought the MyT was "all over the place at the moment" Hope everyone waiting gats updates soon.

22 minutes ago, chazbri said:

Dear Thegeeza, I ordered an Excel Cross on the 20th Oct 2021 and was given an estimated delivery time of 31stMarch 2022 on the order form . This went straight on to MyT as processing however I didn't receive an email from Toyota confirming processing with the attached map until the 22nd Dec 2021. According to MyT the car is not in build yet 2nd Feb but I have been in touch with my dealer last week who assures me the original ETA on the order form is still correct. The dealers are supposed to have the most up to date info from Toyota according to customer services. FWIW the salesman did say that in he thought the MyT was "all over the place at the moment" Hope everyone waiting gats updates soon.

You got the update same day as me. Keep us updated on when you get to build👍

My date for delivery is supposed to be 16th March but to be honest I don't think anyone can give an accurate date, including the dealers. I got the 16th March off the background information from the MyT app on the 22nd December when the app updated with the map. The dealer however, was only able to inform me of this last Friday, a significant delay🤷‍♂️

Reading through all the forums it seems most people have about a 2 week or sometimes less wait between the map appearing and build starting so a 6 plus weeks wait appears extraordinarily long🤦‍♂️

Hopefully both our cars will go to build reasonably soon😁

5 hours ago, bapodra said:

thank you very much 🙂

Couldn't see one outside on the forecourt & couldn't get round the back to see - but there is a Yaris Cross in Gold inside the showroom. 

6 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Couldn't see one outside on the forecourt & couldn't get round the back to see - but there is a Yaris Cross in Gold inside the showroom. 

thanks for checking, the show room model has been there for a few months now. It was there in October when I ordered. 

1 minute ago, bapodra said:

thanks for checking, the show room model has been there for a few months now. It was there in October when I ordered. 

It was busy there today, every time I visit there is always a car transporter loading / unloading at the gateway - I think they would benefit from a bigger site to operate from.

Just now, forkingabout said:

It was busy there today, every time I visit there is always a car transporter loading / unloading at the gateway - I think they would benefit from a bigger site to operate from.

The old Land Rover dealer opposite would have been perfect for new car sales and existing for used. The old Land Rover garage is being taken over by Tesla. 

I just called Toyota Northampton for an update and the update was that my car which was due on 31st Jan is delayed due to part shortages. They don't have any more updates at the moment. I have a VIN which starts with JTD so assume it's a Japan manufactured car and not France or Darby. They couldn't confirm where the car is either. I feel a little disappointed 😞

Jay, it won’t be Derby, they don’t make Yaris in the uk.

1 hour ago, bapodra said:

I just called Toyota Northampton for an update and the update was that my car which was due on 31st Jan is delayed due to part shortages. They don't have any more updates at the moment. I have a VIN which starts with JTD so assume it's a Japan manufactured car and not France or Darby. They couldn't confirm where the car is either. I feel a little disappointed 😞

That should be a Czech built car, JT vin does not always mean Japan, See my sig

51 minutes ago, bapodra said:

I have a VIN which starts with JTD so assume it's a Japan manufactured car and not France or Darby.

According to the following Toyota media release "Yaris Cross will be manufactured at Toyota Motor East Japan Co., Ltd. for the Japan market, and at Toyota Motor Manufacturing France for the European market."

Toyota's Yaris Cross Makes World Debut | Toyota | Global Newsroom | Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

Have you been given the correct VIN by the dealer??

40 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

According to the following Toyota media release "Yaris Cross will be manufactured at Toyota Motor East Japan Co., Ltd. for the Japan market, and at Toyota Motor Manufacturing France for the European market."

Toyota's Yaris Cross Makes World Debut | Toyota | Global Newsroom | Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

Have you been given the correct VIN by the dealer??

I assume so, I can see the car on MyT (although been told I cant track delivery) 

Email from Toyota

I have checked the system and i have assigned the VIN number to your account, so you should now see the car showing on your app.

The tracking of the car is for orders that are a long way from being delivered, so I don't think you will have the VOT set up, as you have been given a VIN number. 

The sales team at the Toyota centre your have placed the order with, will be able to update you on the ETA of the car. 

Car was delivered to the dealer a week ago, the dealer is saying they are waiting for registration from head office. Any idea how long this process usually takes?

6 minutes ago, ToyotaRocker said:

Car was delivered to the dealer a week ago, the dealer is saying they are waiting for registration from head office. Any idea how long this process usually takes?

Presumably they mean the dealer's head office, as it is the dealer who is responsible for first registering a car for use on the road - not Toyota.

RaisePower, what colour is that?  Ours will be the dark grey. 

On 2/5/2022 at 5:35 PM, Roy124 said:

RaisePower, what colour is that?  Ours will be the dark grey. 

It’s Decuma grey. My mum didn’t like anything else!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, raisepower said:

It’s Decuma grey. My mum didn’t like anything else!

Woman thing 😊

I preferred silver Mrs 124 would have accepted silver but did prefer grey. 

Sadly had a phonecall from the Dealer today - delivery now expected to be April rather than March. Ordered 24th September - he said they told him they are slowly starting to catch up Hmm !

3 minutes ago, Perranlady said:

delivery now expected to be April rather than March. Ordered 24th September

It is a new model and with the chip shortage, etc delays are bound to occur.

Then again in Japan there is a 4 year waiting list for the new Landcruiser 300 - so a delay of a few weeks isn't too bad .......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links