Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

Further to my last post.

There's been a ferry moored next to Toyota Marketing Europe at Zeebruuge since yesterday and it's just showing destination Grimsby.

Fingers crossed that my car is on board🤞

This car tracking stuff is so damn addictive😂🤣

21 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

Further to my last post.

There's been a ferry moored next to Toyota Marketing Europe at Zeebruuge since yesterday and it's just showing destination Grimsby.

LOL

I can say it also, just been tracking the yaris for 6 months, now that it ended ordered a Rav 4 Plug in a coupe  of weeks ago quoted September delivery, another 6/7 months of tracking tracking 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thegeeza said:

That's great news. At least it gives you a feeling that it's moving forward.

Mine is currently in Zeebrugge  waiting for a ferry😁

Just hoping there's not too much of a delay because of all these storms🌩🌬🤔

Zeebrugge to Grimsby should be OK - The small goods vessel that supplies The Isles of Scilly has just left Penzance - no food deliveries since her last trip last Wednesday - 11ft waves  and she's slow but they'll be queuing at the Co-op by lunchtime after they've stocked the shelves.

Hope yours has a good trip over - no idea how long it takes after arriving in Grimsby

19 minutes ago, Perranlady said:

Zeebrugge to Grimsby should be OK - The small goods vessel that supplies The Isles of Scilly has just left Penzance - no food deliveries since her last trip last Wednesday - 11ft waves  and she's slow but they'll be queuing at the Co-op by lunchtime after they've stocked the shelves.

Hope yours has a good trip over - no idea how long it takes after arriving in Grimsby

My understanding is the car goes from Grimsby to Toyota UK hub at Derby where the car is checked and, someone correct me if I'm wrong, they also fit some of the ordered extras. Then to the dealer😁

On 2/15/2022 at 7:13 PM, Toyota_FanBoy said:

One disappointmwent with the Yaris Cross which I liked in the CHR was the Yaris Cross has no Subwoofer 😞 as that would make it sound so much nicer hayho suppose you cant have it all

The JBL upgrade includes a couple of subwoofers in the front doors.

Well they *call* them subwoofers, but I swear they're just normal door Speakers...

Just because they are the largest Speakers in the car doesn't make them subwoofers, otherwise I could say my 2-speaker fiesta had subwoofers :laugh: 

5 hours ago, Cyker said:

Well they *call* them subwoofers, but I swear they're just normal door speakers...

Just because they are the largest speakers in the car doesn't make them subwoofers, otherwise I could say my 2-speaker fiesta had subwoofers :laugh: 

Actually they're not just normal door Speakers they are apparently  "170mm inverted subwoofers"......oh wow🙄

I have to say that actually means nothing to me.🤔

I thought a subwoofer was a reserve in a dog football team😂🤣

• Haha 1

Inverted means they are fitted backwards (magnet outwards). This can be done as a space saver and/or to increase the box volume. I am guessing these Speakers also have a reduced frequency range compared to regular door Speakers.

Whilst they are not a 15" boot filling bass monster, they are certainly better than the standard fitment.

19 hours ago, Thegeeza said:

Further to my last post.

Just look for sea cruiser 2 , that's the boat that runs from zeebrugge to grimsby with toyotas, about 14 hour trip.

I ordered the Toyota Yaris cross hybrid Excel in September 

and I pick it up on Tuesday! I have watched the car online getting 

built in France then the trip to Zeebruuge on to Grimsby then Derbyshire 

and now NEWCASTLE for my Tuesday pick up on March 1st 🤗 life’s good 

ps it’s crowning feature is a great number plate….

• Like 1

I've just had a processing update. ETA June 😞. I was originally told April, possibly May.

The email recommends using Vehicle Order Tracker in the MyT app. I have the app installed but I don't see this or a way to add an order number.

8 hours ago, IT Troll said:

I've just had a processing update. ETA June 😞. I was originally told April, possibly May.

The email recommends using Vehicle Order Tracker in the MyT app. I have the app installed but I don't see this or a way to add an order number.

Order number is connected through the email address supplied to dealer/Toyota when ordering the car and can't add it manually. Make sure you are using the same email.

9 hours ago, Pete r berry said:

I ordered the Toyota Yaris cross hybrid Excel in September 

and I pick it up on Tuesday! I have watched the car online getting 

built in France then the trip to Zeebruuge on to Grimsby then Derbyshire 

and now NEWCASTLE for my Tuesday pick up on March 1st 🤗 life’s good 

ps it’s crowning feature is a great number plate….

The only downside with Yaris cross is the lack of a spare wheel !

And I find it well worth it to have Toyota fit a spare wheel  for me ……

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToyotaRocker said:

Order number is connected through the email address supplied to dealer/Toyota when ordering the car and can't add it manually. Make sure you are using the same email.

I am. I can see the order when I login on the website, just not in the app. Perhaps I am still too early in the process.

1 hour ago, Pete r berry said:

The only downside with Yaris cross is the lack of a spare wheel !

I have seen that a 17” space saver spare is available as an option. Interestingly it says it is incompatible with AWD. Is that just because there isn’t the space in the boot for it?

7 hours ago, IT Troll said:

I have seen that a 17” space saver spare is available as an option. Interestingly it says it is incompatible with AWD. Is that just because there isn’t the space in the boot for it?

Short answer is Yes.

The rear electric drive motor occupies the spare wheel space.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, atkiman said:

Just look for sea cruiser 2 , that's the boat that runs from zeebrugge to grimsby with toyotas, about 14 hour trip.

Thanks was looking at Sea Cruiser 2 but was in anchor near Grimsby for days, probably to wait out the storms.

My car came over on the Autoprestige. So that's another one to keep your eye on if your tracking👀👍

11 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

Thanks was looking at Sea Cruiser 2 but was in anchor near Grimsby for days, probably to wait out the storms.

My car came over on the Autoprestige. So that's another one to keep your eye on if your tracking👀👍

So your no closer to knowing when you'll get your car

2 minutes ago, Toyota_FanBoy said:

So your no closer to knowing when you'll get your car

Well.......MyT still shows 11th March in the background data and my car is now on its way to the Derby hub.

There's no date on the MyT data for leaving the hub so I guess it depends on what they have to do with the car there.

I suppose there is a chance it will be at the dealer by early next week😁

• Like 1

WheN you get the car make sure the SatNav has been updated and the Tyres aren't over inflated like mine was the SatNav update was 238gb but could be done by home wifi as was close enough 🙂

8 minutes ago, Toyota_FanBoy said:

Whe you get the car make sure the SatNav has been updated and the Tyres aren't over inflated like mine was the SatNav update was 238gb but could be done by home wifi as was close enough 🙂

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind👍

1 minute ago, Thegeeza said:

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind👍

Satnav should be 2021V2 as 2022V1 will be in April

16 hours ago, ToyotaRocker said:

I was having the same problems - not seeing what others could see - other than my name etc. popped into  the dealer and they showed me their version - I took a printout of what I was seeing - got home and as if by magic I now get a map if I click on Vehicle tracker - it shows where it will be made etc. and following the instructions given by others I can now see the full schedule !. Am rather disappointed by how long it takes to get it from France to zeebrugge then to Grimsby etc

19 minutes ago, Perranlady said:

I was having the same problems - not seeing what others could see - other than my name etc. popped into  the dealer and they showed me their version - I took a printout of what I was seeing - got home and as if by magic I now get a map if I click on Vehicle tracker - it shows where it will be made etc. and following the instructions given by others I can now see the full schedule !. Am rather disappointed by how long it takes to get it from France to zeebrugge then to Grimsby etc

For my car, from build to Grimsby was 8 days. I thought that was pretty good considering it coincided with all the storms.

• Like 1