Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

51 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

For my car, from build to Grimsby was 8 days. I thought that was pretty good considering it coincided with all the storms.

I can only hope it's arrival doesn't coincide with my Jury Duty - would be so annoying for it to be ready and me having to wait until I'm available

3 minutes ago, Perranlady said:

I can only hope it's arrival doesn't coincide with my Jury Duty - would be so annoying for it to be ready and me having to wait until I'm available

Just keep your eye on the eta to dealer. This could change a bit until your car goes to build. Mine came forward by 2 weeks👍

I did jury service and got chosen for a big fraud case. Was on the jury 2 months. Loads of days off whilst evidence was being checked. Two nights in a hotel whilst deciding on the verdict. Loved it.😁

Although others waiting to get picked got things like two biro's stolen from WH Smith, Don't know how that came to Crown Court😂🤣

Some just got two weeks and never got chosen for any jury🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, Toyota_FanBoy said:

Satnav should be 2021V2 as 2022V1 will be in April

This will be for the Touch 2 infotainment system not the 9" Smart connect cloud based system.

On 2/22/2022 at 10:53 PM, IT Troll said:

I have seen that a 17” space saver spare is available as an option. Interestingly it says it is incompatible with AWD. Is that just because there isn’t the space in the boot for it?

Oh dear ! another problem  - we have ordered AWD and we were told that it would be supplied by our dealer after it arrived. Will have to query it with them

On 2/23/2022 at 2:56 PM, Thegeeza said:

Just keep your eye on the eta to dealer. This could change a bit until your car goes to build. Mine came forward by 2 weeks👍

I did jury service and got chosen for a big fraud case. Was on the jury 2 months. Loads of days off whilst evidence was being checked. Two nights in a hotel whilst deciding on the verdict. Loved it.😁

Although others waiting to get picked got things like two biro's stolen from WH Smith, Don't know how that came to Crown Court😂🤣

Some just got two weeks and never got chosen for any jury🤷‍♂️

I'm really hoping for a couple of short cases as it means a 7.50am train from Penzance to Truro and the reverse at the end of the day - it was the main reason for getting a second car - once we realised it wouldn't be here in time we bought the 2018 Countryman -so I have one to leave at the station - complicated but husband will be in charge of the dogs and you never know what might happen.

On 2/23/2022 at 10:04 PM, Sidrat said:

This will be for the Touch 2 infotainment system not the 9" Smart connect cloud based system.

It was mainly information for @Thegeeza who has ordered the citypack like me that gets the touch 2

On 1/24/2022 at 12:11 AM, ToyotaRocker said:

Nice detailing job, mind sharing their workshop name if in the south?

Hi, since you actually have your car rather than all of us dreaming of that day, wonder if you could  see if there is a way to turn off the audible alarm when leaving a dog in the car - both cars we have at the moment have a button to press that de-activates the alarm -(Yeti & Mini Countryman) An answer on a Toyota Q&A site seemed to say there wasn't

On 2/26/2022 at 5:02 PM, Perranlady said:

Hi, since you actually have your car rather than all of us dreaming of that day, wonder if you could  see if there is a way to turn off the audible alarm when leaving a dog in the car - both cars we have at the moment have a button to press that de-activates the alarm -(Yeti & Mini Countryman) An answer on a Toyota Q&A site seemed to say there wasn't

The Yaris Cross doesn't have interior motion alarm.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 11:34 AM, ToyotaRocker said:

The Yaris Cross doesn't have interior motion alarm.

Thanks for the reply - Ah ! so that means if big Pointer boy turns around and plonks himself back down in the back he won't set anything off ? So what kind of alarm does it have ? Imobiliser ? Such a pity that we can't see the manual until you've got it !

15 minutes ago, Perranlady said:

Thanks for the reply - Ah ! so that means if big Pointer boy turns around and plonks himself back down in the back he won't set anything off ? So what kind of alarm does it have ? Imobiliser ? Such a pity that we can't see the manual until you've got it !

you can look at any of Toyotas car manuals whenever you like Toyota Owners Manuals click that then click choose I would like to perform a generic Search then do drop downs to get your Toyota model 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Toyota_FanBoy said:

you can look at any of Toyotas car manuals whenever you like Toyota Owners Manuals click that then click choose I would like to perform a generic Search then do drop downs to get your Toyota model 🙂

I've scanned right through the manual and nowhere does it mention having a dog inside the boot area - just talks about children not being in there - and luggage. Very strange  - I feel another visit to the dealer coming on. Have saved the Manual to try to gen-up on all the important bits. Looks  just as scary as the Countryman

I looked says nothing I'd contact Toyota UK on twiiter for a direct answer or Facebook I'm sure they'll get the answer for you. One mistake in the manual to jumpstart they show the Battery is under the bonet oops 😄

1 hour ago, Perranlady said:

I've scanned right through the manual and nowhere does it mention having a dog inside the boot area - just talks about children not being in there - and luggage. Very strange  - I feel another visit to the dealer coming on. Have saved the Manual to try to gen-up on all the important bits. Looks  just as scary as the Countryman

Sue, as long as your dog does not open the doors or boot when it is locked you should be fine, page 86 in the owners manual (OM52N15E) gives you info on the alarm.  Make sure you have the hybrid version of the manual, they have two versions on the web site, one of them is for the non hybrid version, you need the one ending N15E.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Toyota_FanBoy said:

I looked says nothing I'd contact Toyota UK on twiiter for a direct answer or Facebook I'm sure they'll get the answer for you. One mistake in the manual to jumpstart they show the battery is under the bonet oops 😄

You have the non hybrid owners manual, download OM52N15E.

12 minutes ago, Sidrat said:

hahaha yep d'oh thanks 🙂

14 hours ago, Sidrat said:

I have OM52N15E downloaded. It is the AWD version which I believe is only hybrid.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

I have OM52N15E downloaded. It is the AWD version which I believe is only hybrid.

Still no news on your car days are ticking 😄

8 minutes ago, Toyota_FanBoy said:

Still no news on your car days are ticking 😄

Checked the background info on MyT yesterday and it now says eta to the dealer 8th March.

It's been at the Derby hub for 6 days now....they really need to get it loaded on a truck and moving😞

Ordered my Cross on 10 October. Exciting news that it was built last week! Left the factory on Friday! Still not even got to Zeebrugge yet though lol. Delivery date is apparently 25 March. Waiting for an update from the dealer. Was hoping it’d be chugging on its way by now 😔 Getting super impatient. Current car needs MOT’ing in 23 March - was really hoping I could avoid doing it if the Cross arrived a bit early lol

On 3/1/2022 at 6:17 PM, Toyota_FanBoy said:

I looked says nothing I'd contact Toyota UK on twiiter for a direct answer or Facebook I'm sure they'll get the answer for you. One mistake in the manual to jumpstart they show the battery is under the bonet oops 😄

I'm my manual they show a picture of a Battery under the bonnet, but that's the Battery jumpstarting the car, not the yaris's Battery.... I just found out where the 12v battery lives

I'm not too happy with the tech at the moment.... Maybe I'll get the hang of it.... First annoyance is music plays as soon as you turn on the car.... How do you turn media off.... Can only see a volume mute button.... 9 inch Toyota smart connect system

6 minutes ago, drobb said:

I'm not too happy with the tech at the moment.... Maybe I'll get the hang of it.... First annoyance is music plays as soon as you turn on the car.... How do you turn media off.... Can only see a volume mute button.... 9 inch Toyota smart connect system

If you are say playing the radio when you switch off, it will come back onto that when you turn on.  So either power off the infotainment system before you switch off the car or select another audio source, say USB (with none connected) before switching off.  You could even try muting the sound before switch off.

• Like 1

Spoke to the dealer today and was told date is still 18th March. The background info on MyT shows the 8th March.....now I don't know which to believe🤪🤯

48 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

Spoke to the dealer today and was told date is still 18th March. The background info on MyT shows the 8th March.....now I don't know which to believe🤪🤯

Easy decision. Believe in March 18th and if you get it earlier what a nice surprise. 

My wife ordered a new Cross Dynamic today...Brass Gold. ETA at present is end of August which is fine for us, we managed to part-ex her MINI Countryman so she'll be using that until the Cross arrives.

We only went window shopping!! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2