Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

14 hours ago, NorthantsRob said:

My wife ordered a new Cross Dynamic today...Brass Gold. ETA at present is end of August which is fine for us, we managed to part-ex her MINI Countryman so she'll be using that until the Cross arrives.

We only went window shopping!! 😆

Sort of thing my wife does!!!

She's not related is she🤔😂🤣

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

Sort of thing my wife does!!!

She's not related is she🤔😂🤣

LOL...I suspect they all are where shopping is concerned! 😂

• Haha 2

Checked the background info in MyT this morning and it showed the car leaving Derby yesterday. I emailed the dealer to ask if they could check the date the gave me for delivery yesterday which was the 18th March.

They phoned me later this afternoon to say the car had turned up and apologised to me as their system was still showing the 18th March.

So, for everyone checking the MyT background data, it seems the info is more accurate than the dealers.

Picking my new car up Thursday morning.....cant wait🤩. It will be 5 days short of 7 months🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Thegeeza said:

So, for everyone checking the MyT background data, it seems the info is more accurate than the dealers.

Not necessarily so. My dealer was able to give me more accurate data for the last leg of the cars journey to me.

After spending a week at the factory after build, my Cross is now at Zeebrugge! Not sure what the usual timescales are for delivery from there but surely it can’t be too long now.

I went status diving this morning and no dates beyond the fact it left Zeebrugge yesterday. Chasing my dealer but struggling to get a response - really hoping it won’t be much longer 🤞

2 hours ago, Colio said:

After spending a week at the factory after build, my Cross is now at Zeebrugge! Not sure what the usual timescales are for delivery from there but surely it can’t be too long now.

I went status diving this morning and no dates beyond the fact it left Zeebrugge yesterday. Chasing my dealer but struggling to get a response - really hoping it won’t be much longer 🤞

I can tell you how long mine was from there. It was 15 days from arrival at Zeebrugge to arrival at the dealers.

I would imagine it wouldn't vary too much from this. Although now I've said that, it probably will🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, Thegeeza said:

I can tell you how long mine was from there. It was 15 days from arrival at Zeebrugge to arrival at the dealers.

I would imagine it wouldn't vary too much from this. Although now I've said that, it probably will🤷‍♂️

Thank you - that’s helpful. I know that rationally 15 days isn’t very long in comparison to waiting since early October but it feels such a long time now it’s close 🤣

A relative ordered a Yaris Cross end of October/early November last year.  Heard nothing from dealer. Phoned early this yr for delivery date.  Told end of April/early May.  
Had phone call from dealer this morning saying car ready to collect, I.e. at dealer having had it’s PDI!  Must have been built early Feb, but it would have been nice to have info for build date etc.  Relative has no order number to track!

Car I ordered in late November has gone to build today, interestingly when you delve the background data it was set for delivery to the dealer as 21 Apr, changed to 7 Apr, now says 19 Apr.  Will wait and monitor as it progresses, better than original date I was given by the dealer of late May to Jun.

10 minutes ago, Sidrat said:

interestingly when you delve the background data it was set for delivery to the dealer as 21 Apr, changed to 7 Apr, now says 19 Apr.  Will wait and monitor as it progresses,

That April 19 date will be pretty close to reality, but my experience says that you'll have it a few days before.

On 3/8/2022 at 11:51 AM, Sidrat said:

Car I ordered in late November has gone to build today, interestingly when you delve the background data it was set for delivery to the dealer as 21 Apr, changed to 7 Apr, now says 19 Apr.  Will wait and monitor as it progresses, better than original date I was given by the dealer of late May to Jun.

My date changed a few times once it went into build.

In my case the dates got more accurate as the different stages were completed.

• Like 1

Well finally picked my car up today😁

From order to pick was 207 days

• Like 2

On 3/10/2022 at 3:32 PM, Thegeeza said:

Congratulations on getting your car finally.

Sadly my car I've not seen in 10 days Toyota UK a few weeks back asked if I wanted those paint areas sorted I should get them done under warranty, 28th March took it into my local dealer and an hour later using MyT on board car tracker it went to the bodyshop and did not move for a week, this week it went back and forth within the bodyshop yet today it went to a different location where a dent company is based and since that bodyshop has had my car it's lost 9% fuel but no extra mileage so am not impressed so far.

My Cross is now finally in the UK - status updated to having arrived in Grimsby today. Took two weeks after build completed! Current delivery date has gone back from 25 to 31 March. Gave in and MOT’d the current car today (expires 23rd). Hopefully delivery date will still be closer to the 25th as that allows a week to get to Derbyshire hq and then another week down to me 🤞

On 3/10/2022 at 3:32 PM, Thegeeza said:

Ah great news! Let us know how you find it 😊

1 hour ago, Toyota_FanBoy said:

Sadly my car I've not seen in 10 days Toyota UK a few weeks back asked if I wanted those paint areas sorted I should get them done under warranty, 28th March took it into my local dealer and an our later using MyT on board car tracker it went to the bodyshop and did not move for a week, this week it went back and forth within the bodyshop yet today it went to a different loaction where a dent company is based and since that bodyshop has had my car it's lost 9% fuel but no extra mileage so am not impressed so far.

Oh wow that’s frustrating. Have they said how long it will take to fix?

was told mid week this week but nothing, think the body shop aren't happy with every spray they do it seems

16 minutes ago, Colio said:

My Cross is now finally in the UK - status updated to having arrived in Grimsby today. Took two weeks after build completed! Current delivery date has gone back from 25 to 31 March. Gave in and MOT’d the current car today (expires 23rd). Hopefully delivery date will still be closer to the 25th as that allows a week to get to Derbyshire hq and then another week down to me 🤞

I had the same worry as the MOT on my car was due 29th March.

Shame you had to get yours done but at least you know your car is nearly ready🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Toyota_FanBoy said:

Sadly my car I've not seen in 10 days Toyota UK a few weeks back asked if I wanted those paint areas sorted I should get them done under warranty, 28th March took it into my local dealer and an our later using MyT on board car tracker it went to the bodyshop and did not move for a week, this week it went back and forth within the bodyshop yet today it went to a different loaction where a dent company is based and since that bodyshop has had my car it's lost 9% fuel but no extra mileage so am not impressed so far.

Crikey that's not good, perhaps they're doing a complete respray?

Probably come back a nice shade of pink.🤣😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thegeeza said:

Crikey that's not good, perhaps they're doing a complete respray?

Probably come back a nice shade of pink.🤣😂

I hope not but the dealer will have some explaining to do.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Toyota_FanBoy said:

I hope not but the dealer will have some explaining to do.

I would be asking for some kind of compensation, first service for free or similar.

Hi all

New here today. 
Placed an order for the Yaris cross excel version this morning after a test drive, and on the basis delivery would be august-September. I hope the dealer has been honest with me about this and I don’t get any delays as I’m cancelling a company car order of an Audi q4 which I placed last September, as that has now been pushed back to September 22 delivery, and I don’t have any confidence it won’t get pushed back further!

41 minutes ago, Sh84 said:

Hi all

New here today. 
Placed an order for the Yaris cross excel version this morning after a test drive, and on the basis delivery would be august-September. I hope the dealer has been honest with me about this and I don’t get any delays as I’m cancelling a company car order of an Audi q4 which I placed last September, as that has now been pushed back to September 22 delivery, and I don’t have any confidence it won’t get pushed back further!

Sian, I ordered in mid Nov 21, was told by the dealer late May to early Jun 22, car went to build Tuesday this week and estimated delivery to dealer is mid Apr.

1 hour ago, Sidrat said:

Sian, I ordered in mid Nov 21, was told by the dealer late May to early Jun 22, car went to build Tuesday this week and estimated delivery to dealer is mid Apr.

That’s promising for me and that’s good for you too then! Maybe the hybrids aren’t being as badly affected as all the electric models I enquired about! They are all minimum 8-9 months at the moment if I was to order something else now. 

If its any consolation I have had some similar issues with my Renault Captur Etech hybrid. My wife has a mk2 Yaris Hybrid which we absolutely love. So I was drawn to the Yaris Cross but as i generally get a 2 year interest free PCP plan I went for the Captur, (I have a non-hybrid version at the moment) and find that impressive enough so didn't want to wait. I ordered the Renault Hybrid in October and they warned me it would be mid March. I pick it up Tuesday. But the spec had automatically folding door mirrors as my current one did but this one hasn't even though it is in the spec and I've paid for it. This is also due to the chip shortage. No compensation just told they will retro fit if and when they get the chips! It had already lost blind spot monitoring from the spec, presumably due to the chip shortage. So it looks like Toyota are waiting for the chips to give you the spec you actually ordered rather than do what Renault have done and got it quicker but diddled you out of a useful bit of tech !